Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2012   #61
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training Camp Live: AJ left practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No.

Andre is a Texan for life. I don't care about what others do now. Texans remain loyal to their best evers.
Or if your name is Jacoby.
Old 07-29-2012   #62
TexanCR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Damaged goods. We just gotta deal with it. Man I hope the youngsters at wr grow up quick.
No, sorry no. Rick Smith shows no loyalty at all but even him will not trade AJ, he is the heart and soul of this team.

AJ at 70% is 100% more productive than the rest of WRs that we have on the team so it doesnt make sense to trade your best player.

Take care of him and hope for the best regarding his health, we need him in more than one way. He is a real Texan and he should be for life.
TexanCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #63
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I love the people who are "not worried." And the ones who say he won't miss time this year??? Riiiiight.

It's going to be an ongoing problem.
I don't know if anyone is saying Johnson for sure won't miss time this season. How could they know? Just as you don't know for sure that "it's going to be an ongoing problem."

I don't know if it can be said that Andre is "injury prone". He's missed 22 games over 9 seasons (9 coming last season). But, it can be said he has injury concerns. Pulling a groin this early in camp is bound to create overreaction. TBD whether the real issues (knee, hamstring) rear their head.

Last edited by Lucky; 07-29-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #64
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

All those who think AJ health is not an issue is being NAIVE! Wake up ppl(and it hurts my soul to type this)
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

A 70 % player on the weakest area of team, but no worries. Right? Not panicking but we better have a plan and I do not see one unless it's throwing a whole bunch more to RBs and TEs. Maybe OD will go to ProBowl
Old 07-29-2012   #66
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
A 70 % player on the weakest area of team, but no worries. Right? Not panicking but we better have a plan and I do not see one unless it's throwing a whole bunch more to RBs and TEs. Maybe OD will go to ProBowl
Hey we got plenty rookie wr w no NFL catches to pass to
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #67
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, another heart attack season to watch.
Old 07-29-2012   #68
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No.

Andre is a Texan for life. I don't care about what others do now. Texans remain loyal to their best evers.
Be prepared to be disappointed. AJ will not finish his career as a Texan if he continues to get hurt every season.

AJ makes a boat load of money and Rick Smith will not continue to pay a guy to stand around on the sideline being hurt.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #69
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's time to call in Jobu

Old 07-29-2012   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know if anyone is saying Johnson for sure won't miss time this season. How could they know? Just as you don't know for sure that "it's going to be an ongoing problem."

I don't know if it can be said that Andre is "injury prone". He's missed 22 games over 9 seasons (9 coming last season). But, it can be said he has injury concerns. Pulling a groin this early in camp is bound to create overreaction. TBD whether the real issues (knee, hamstring) rear their head.
It's one thing for a young guy like Foster to have groin and/or hammie problems (maybe some rust from being out due to lockout, etc.)

It's another thing to have it occur from years of wear and tear.

Whether its to be termed "injury prone" or "injury concern" is trivial. What's important is that he is sitting out after like 1 day of camp already.

So he rests and comes back...and maybe three days or four days after the return to camp he pulls up a little bit with a lower body problem. No sweat, just needs rest and he can play a possession or two in a preseason game, just go through the motions (as we do everything BUT target him in those possessions).

Then it'll be "Well, he made it through preseason. Let's sit him the last two games. Save him for when it counts."

(Stop me here if I've already pegged it).

And a game or two or three into Reg Season he pulls up gimpy (or God forbid blows something in his other leg due to what CND said about other parts compensating for the previously weakened body part).

We are inclined to believe the show will go on forever with our larger-than-life stars like AJ. I tend to cringe when I see him break a big gain...because I'm of the belief that he's reaching the end, against his will. And against our will, as well.

This is the only part I hate about following my Texans: The day that always comes when they can't go like they used to...and it hurts quadruple with Andre Johnson.

But hey, he could be fine. I damn sure hope so. But the patterns are not reassuring with how we know he likes to play the game vs. the setbacks he's had recently.
Old 07-29-2012   #71
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

I take it none of you have pulled your groin before. Heck I pulled mine today for like half an hour, felt great.

All kidding aside, a groin pull is at most a 4 day recovery. I've tweaked mine several times through football, MMA, and running. It's a quick recovery, no big deal. If this were a calf, hamstring, knee, etc, then I'd be worried. Lighten up guys. He'll be fine.
Old 07-29-2012   #72
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know if it can be said that Andre is "injury prone".
He's missed more games since Schaub has been here than Schaub has, yet people label Schaub injury prone all the time. And while Schaub's injuries have resulted from things like giant men running into and/or landing on him, AJ's injuries have resulted from running over those mischievous yard line markers. So I don't know what makes someone injury prone, but he's more injury prone than Schaub, as a point of reference.
Old 07-29-2012   #73
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I take it none of you have pulled your groin before. Heck I pulled mine today for like half an hour, felt great.

All kidding aside, a groin pull is at most a 4 day recovery. I've tweaked mine several times through football, MMA, and running. It's a quick recovery, no big deal. If this were a calf, hamstring, knee, etc, then I'd be worried. Lighten up guys. He'll be fine.
I don't think anyone is particularly freaked out by this one injury. Its that a pattern is starting to emerge with AJ and his injuries. Something a friend mentioned to me earlier that I think may be correct is that Andre may want to slim down some. It may help avoid some of these pulls and strains from popping up.

Ladainian Tomlinson said that the older he got the less weight he wanted to carry. His body style was completely different when he retired than it was when he came into the league. Andre is big for a receiver. Losing about 10 pounds or so may take a little stress off of his body.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #74
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73156 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCR View Post
No, sorry no. Rick Smith shows no loyalty at all but even him will not trade AJ, he is the heart and soul of this team.

AJ at 70% is 100% more productive than the rest of WRs that we have on the team so it doesnt make sense to trade your best player.

Take care of him and hope for the best regarding his health, we need him in more than one way. He is a real Texan and he should be for life.
Now, how silly is that?

This "heart and soul of the team" stuff is only in the minds of the fans. Anyone who thinks Rick Smith thinks AJ "is a real Texan and should be here for life", must have been hibernating at the South Pole this past offseason.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #75
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I don't think anyone is particularly freaked out by this one injury. Its that a pattern is starting to emerge with AJ and his injuries. Something a friend mentioned to me earlier that I think may be correct is that Andre may want to slim down some. It may help avoid some of these pulls and strains from popping up.

Ladainian Tomlinson said that the older he got the less weight he wanted to carry. His body style was completely different when he retired than it was when he came into the league. Andre is big for a receiver. Losing about 10 pounds or so may take a little stress off of his body.
One of the better ideas. Have him lose weight before trading him away.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #76
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So I don't know what makes someone injury prone, but he's more injury prone than Schaub, as a point of reference.
AJ's injuries in previous seasons were also the result of direct hits. I don't necessarily see Johnson's injuries as a sure sign of his body breaking down. My concerns about Johnson and Schaub revolves around their ability to bounce back from these injuries. We've seen Johnson return to the field and have 2 productive playoff games. I don't think he was 100%, but he was productive. Some fans seem to forget that.

Quote:
It's one thing for a young guy like Foster to have groin and/or hammie problems (maybe some rust from being out due to lockout, etc.)

It's another thing to have it occur from years of wear and tear.

Whether its to be termed "injury prone" or "injury concern" is trivial. What's important is that he is sitting out after like 1 day of camp already.

Conjecture. Rank speculation. Blah blah blah.
When you go off into Never-Never Land, your posts become unreadable. The Kreskin act wears paper thin.

I could search on Foster's hammy and probably find you overreacting to that. In fact, I know I could. Sitting out a few training camp practices doesn't trump Johnson's playoff performances or signify the end of a career. Johnson could have a career ending injury this season. He could miss half the season. He could go for another 1500 yard season and be named to the Pro Bowl for the 6th time. There are no tea leaves out there to suggest an outcome with any certainty.
Old 07-29-2012   #77
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Over-reacting or now big deal, either way one thing is bound to be sure for everyone, all eyes will be on this young trio of WRs until AJ gets back on the practice field.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #78
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You need to read CnD's posts on this issue.

AJ will suffer compensating injuries such as groin, more hammie issues, knee issues, all because his hamstring is weakened from having a portion of it removed from the bone.

He explains it better, but there's no doubt that lower body issues will be a constant threat all year long. He'll never be out of the woods.

If we get at least 10 to 12 games out of him in 2012, I'll be happy.
Old 07-30-2012   #79
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You need to read CnD's posts on this issue.

AJ will suffer compensating injuries such as groin, more hammie issues, knee issues, all because his hamstring is weakened from having a portion of it removed from the bone.

He explains it better, but there's no doubt that lower body issues will be a constant threat all year long. He'll never be out of the woods.

If we get at least 10 to 12 games out of him in 2012, I'll be happy.
I greatly respect CND and appreciate his input on the issue, after tearing my MCL twice and having a bunch of other issues from years of grappling/fighting/other sports, I know how long groin injuries take to heal. If this were the regular season he would play next game. I'm not worried about it one iota.
Old 07-30-2012   #80
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're going to have to tell me all about your MMA experiences when we meet up for the game. Being a large man, I presume you're a ground attack kinda guy?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read