Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012   #101
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
It's hard to get interviews with assistants. Usually they are busy either eating..........
(ridiculous Brandon Brooks jab in 3...2....)

I guess Brooks is an assistant?

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #102
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this anyone from TT?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #103
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Coach Kubiak says #Texans will put on the pads for the first time in training camp tomorrow at practice.
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #104
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Was it really too hot at 9 am to practice outside? I have never seen that happen. Why don't the Texans want to have evening practices? Yes, it's still hot (it's Houston), but the sun is down.
I think the plan is that they are slowly acclimating the players into being in the heat longer. I don't think they will continue that the entirety of camp.

Personally, I think it felt hotter during some of the days of OTAs and minicamps. But they are doing less drills and having faster tempo I think in training camp so far.
Old 07-29-2012   #105
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the plan is that they are slowly acclimating the players into being in the heat longer. I don't think they will continue that the entirety of camp.

Personally, I think it felt hotter during some of the days of OTAs and minicamps. But they are doing less drills and having faster tempo I think in training camp so far.
Factor in that it's a lot hotter and drier than it has been in recent years so it's good to hear they are slowly doing that. I was concerned about that because I'm outside in the open sunlight a lot. Temp-wise it may not be that much hotter but the dryness just accelerates it into something crazy these past 2-3 years.
Old 07-29-2012   #106
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Factor in that it's a lot hotter and drier than it has been in recent years so it's good to hear they are slowly doing that. I was concerned about that because I'm outside in the open sunlight a lot. Temp-wise it may not be that much hotter but the dryness just accelerates it into something crazy these past 2-3 years.
I'm not sure what they did in training camp last year, but the weather was absolutely brutal last year with the stretch of 100 degree days we had in a row. I can't ever remember a summer that was as hot as it was then. This summer should feel like spring weather compared to that, but we also have a longer training camp so I don't mind them easing guys into the flow.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #107
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm not sure what they did in training camp last year, but the weather was absolutely brutal last year with the stretch of 100 degree days we had in a row. I can't ever remember a summer that was as hot as it was then. This summer should feel like spring weather compared to that, but we also have a longer training camp so I don't mind them easing guys into the flow.
The dryness is still here. Today at 100 feels a lot hotter than it really is. On top of the sunlight, the air is hot and dry. Lethal combination.
Old 07-29-2012   #108
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
The dryness is still here. Today at 100 feels a lot hotter than it really is. On top of the sunlight, the air is hot and dry. Lethal combination.
Well I know the Houston humidity is the biggest thing that most people have trouble getting used to. Traveling back and forth from Houston to Dallas is like being in 2 totally different worlds sometimes. Dallas doesn't have near as much humidity so it doesn't cause as much discomfort. It just feels like the sun is right on top of you sometimes. The humidity of Houston just makes you sweat just walking from your car to the grocery store sometimes. It gets ridiculous especially after a night of rainfall.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #109
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I do poorly in the heat. I get migraines in the sun. I drink about 36-48 ounces of water during camp, and I've learned that I usually won't get a headache if I do that.

Later in the morning OTAs/minicamps were tougher than the last two days. But I wasn't running around.

They've always experimented some with timing/sun in camp. They feel that doing camp at home gives them the benefit of NFL style equipment and vets being in their own bed and not burning out. But Houston heat will always be a challenge because it can break guys down--Kubiak noted that shortest camp last year was first winning year, and learning from that.
Old 07-29-2012   #110
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They've always experimented some with timing/sun in camp. They feel that doing camp at home gives them the benefit of NFL style equipment and vets being in their own bed and not burning out. But Houston heat will always be a challenge because it can break guys down--Kubiak noted that shortest camp last year was first winning year, and learning from that.
I think the winning year had more to do with who was coaching the defense than the length of camp.

Have the Texans given up on the idea of evening practices? I don't get it? They'll play 4 night games this season...zero games at 8-9 in the morning.
Old 07-29-2012   #111
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the winning year had more to do with who was coaching the defense than the length of camp.

Have the Texans given up on the idea of evening practices? I don't get it? They'll play 4 night games this season...zero games at 8-9 in the morning.
Yea but they were that good not spending much time in the sun .
Old 07-29-2012   #112
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, but the point is that the heat exhaustion will interfere with mental concentration. You want to balance conditioning with learning.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012   #113
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 31542 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Did somebody sneak their son onto the practice field? Oops, nevermind, it's just Holliday.
Old 07-30-2012   #114
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
The #Texans have signed former Iowa DE Mitch King (6-2, 280). He's on the field wearing No. 97

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
May be biased but Fangupo is a load. His destruction of the 3rd team O will warrant more snaps.

Fangupo with no hands walks Wallace into the backfield. Stops the play with penetration. #Texans

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Ninja telling Tate quit bouncing outside and come to where the big boys play. #Texans

Watt and Smith bringing something this morning. #Texans

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Forsett is serious. Very patient

Kubiaks telling Forsett Hell of a job. Bright spot for the O. #Texans

Forsett is a natural in this offense. Nice run once again. #Texans

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Coaches love RB Jonathan Grimes, an undrafted FA from Bill an Mary. Fits this downhill running style.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #115
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
The #Texans have signed former Iowa DE Mitch King (6-2, 280). He's on the field wearing No. 97

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
May be biased but Fangupo is a load. His destruction of the 3rd team O will warrant more snaps.

Fangupo with no hands walks Wallace into the backfield. Stops the play with penetration. #Texans

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Ninja telling Tate quit bouncing outside and come to where the big boys play. #Texans

Watt and Smith bringing something this morning. #Texans

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Forsett is serious. Very patient

Kubiaks telling Forsett Hell of a job. Bright spot for the O. #Texans

Forsett is a natural in this offense. Nice run once again. #Texans

Coaches love RB Jonathan Grimes, an undrafted FA from Bill an Mary. Fits this downhill running style.
Good news. Any news on the WR front.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #116
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Good news. Any news on the WR front.
P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Jerrell Jackson shook Roc off the line. Nice slant pattern and catch. #Texans

Posey nice catch and run after. #Texans
Old 07-30-2012   #117
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

#Texans @BrooksReed68 & @JJWatt running an E/T stunt drill
Old 07-30-2012   #118
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

P.D. Starr ‏@PHABMK6
Kicking happening now. Graham has much better leg strength than Bullock. #Texans
Old 07-30-2012   #119
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Jonathan Grimes, or "Grimey" as he liked to be called.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012   #120
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Kubiak say Sharpton had a setback. Hip issue. Needs rest. Will be out few wks but not excluded for season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read