Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 07-26-2012   #1
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 275 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default First time game help?

So me and my family are thinking about going to the Ravens game this season. But we are unsure of what seats to get? Of cource we want the best seats, but i have a question about the 600's section(gridiron midfield) of seats. Are you able to see the players well and know what's going on?

Also how early should i get there before the game starts? And how much are parking tickets? We don't plan on tailgaiting btw.

Sig courtesy of False Start!

Last edited by iLoveTexans; 07-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First time game help?

I've always loved the Bullpen the most. It's in the end zone. It has the most hardcore and rowdy fans that love to cheer, stand up, and be that extra member of the team. You can't go wrong in the Bullpen man.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveTexans View Post
So me and my family are thinking about going to the Ravens game this season. We plan on tailgating too. But we are unsure of what seats to get? Of cource we want the best seats, but i have a question about the 600's section(gridiron midfield) of seats. Are you able to see the players well and know what's going on?

Also how early should i get there before the game starts? And how much are parking tickets? We don't plan on tailgaiting btw.
I highly suggest you reconsider the bolded! Texans games are WORLD CLASS tailgating.
Old 07-27-2012   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So me and my family are thinking about going to the Ravens game this season. We plan on tailgating too. But we are unsure of what seats to get? Of cource we want the best seats, but i have a question about the 600's section(gridiron midfield) of seats. Are you able to see the players well and know what's going on?

So what is it...???
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

There really isn't a bad seat in Reliant, some are just better than others. It is a well designed stadium.

Even if you aren't tailgating, you should try and be at the stadium and parked by 10:30 at the latest. And if you are planning on tailgating, 9 at the latest. Park, and walk around and take in the sights. The various tailgates are fun to walk by. Go into Budweiser Plaza, grab a beer, check out the GoTexans store. There is a band and entertainment. Gameday is more than the football game, check it all out. You will see why so many of us spend so much time and money each fall to be part of the experience.

We leave the parking lot around 11:15 for our seats and there is a huge backlog of cars trying to park at that time. If you leave it too late, the traffic will be horrible and you will miss the start time.
Old 07-27-2012   #6
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 275 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
So what is it...???
Oops, i ment to put Don't in the paragraph . Fail

Old 07-27-2012   #7
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
There really isn't a bad seat in Reliant, some are just better than others. It is a well designed stadium.

Even if you aren't tailgating, you should try and be at the stadium and parked by 10:30 at the latest. And if you are planning on tailgating, 9 at the latest. Park, and walk around and take in the sights. The various tailgates are fun to walk by. Go into Budweiser Plaza, grab a beer, check out the GoTexans store. There is a band and entertainment. Gameday is more than the football game, check it all out. You will see why so many of us spend so much time and money each fall to be part of the experience.

We leave the parking lot around 11:15 for our seats and there is a huge backlog of cars trying to park at that time. If you leave it too late, the traffic will be horrible and you will miss the start time.
And do you know the parking lots and their prices? We will probally walk around Reliant and look around before the game starts now.

Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2012   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And do you know the parking lots and their prices? We will probally walk around Reliant and look around before the game starts now.
All of the Texans parking lots are presold passes. No cash lots. You can look on ebay or here for a parking pass. They vary from $18 for yellow up to $45+ for platinum.

There are private cash lots around the stadium. I am not sure what they will run this year. You used to be able to park at the Holiday Inn on the corner of Kirby and 610 for $20, but they went up to $30 by the end of the season. There are some cash lots on the south side of 610. Get there early and look around if you don't find a parking pass beforehand.
Old 07-27-2012   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What Glass said. There are also quite a few places along Main near the intersection with McNee which are private lots and typically go for $20 and the bicycle rickshaw will come pick you up.
Old 07-28-2012   #10
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
All of the Texans parking lots are presold passes. No cash lots. You can look on ebay or here for a parking pass. They vary from $18 for yellow up to $45+ for platinum.

There are private cash lots around the stadium. I am not sure what they will run this year. You used to be able to park at the Holiday Inn on the corner of Kirby and 610 for $20, but they went up to $30 by the end of the season. There are some cash lots on the south side of 610. Get there early and look around if you don't find a parking pass beforehand.
Are the presold parking passes a one time thing? Because thats all i need at the moment

Old 07-28-2012   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Are the presold parking passes a one time thing? Because thats all i need at the moment
I doubt you can buy a parking pass from the Texans at this point. I am pretty sure they are all sold out. You will need to buy a pass for that game from an individual reselling on ebay or stubhub or here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read