Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Questions about Saturdays Training Camp

HFD_Chase

Practice Squad
I just got some VIP tickets for the training camp on Saturday. I've never been to one of these so I was wondering what to expect. Should I bring something to get autographed or stick to just a camera? Does the "VIP" on the tickets actually mean anything or is it the same as all the other tickets? If I should expect some autographs any ideas of what I should pick up to bring for that? Also, it says gates open at 7 but it starts at 8. Does that mean I need to be there at 7?

Thanks for any answers guys. I'm pretty excited!

I just got some VIP tickets for the training camp on Saturday. I've never been to one of these so I was wondering what to expect. Should I bring something to get autographed or stick to just a camera? Does the "VIP" on the tickets actually mean anything or is it the same as all the other tickets? If I should expect some autographs any ideas of what I should pick up to bring for that? Also, it says gates open at 7 but it starts at 8. Does that mean I need to be there at 7?

Thanks for any answers guys. I'm pretty excited!
In my experience, the Texans have had multiple levels of VIP over the years. Likely you will get "preferred" seating, more towards the middle and potential better access for player autographs. Honestly, I've gotten more autographs there by just standing on the sides of the fenced-off walkway and some players stop, while other will if you call their name.

I would DEFINITELY bring something to get signed, be it a jersey, football, or whatnot. Get there when the gates open (7a) to catch players for signature BEFORE they get hot & tired.

I've been to many TC dates in the past, and VIP once. The only difference when I was in VIP was that we sat and watched the players in a covered area. This area also has juice, water, breakfast. Other than that the experience is the same, but you stay out of the heat which is a huge plus. Enjoy your visit

I've been to many TC dates in the past, and VIP once. The only difference when I was in VIP was that we sat and watched the players in a covered area. This area also has juice, water, breakfast. Other than that the experience is the same, but you stay out of the heat which is a huge plus. Enjoy your visit

This. Other than the eats, you pretty much just get to avoid the massive sunburn that can come with camp. IMO, the players SEEM to make more of an effort to swing by the regular seating area more, but ya might have a bit more time with the bigger named players.

Awesome, I appreciate all the replies. I'll have to stroll by Academy later to see what I can pick up for autographs. I have a Texans logo that was made for me out of wood that might be pretty cool to get signed so if I don't find anything I might bring that. The only jerseys I have are a Demeco (RIP) and an old number 8 that some other dude used to wear before Schaub.

Awesome, I appreciate all the replies. I'll have to stroll by Academy later to see what I can pick up for autographs. I have a Texans logo that was made for me out of wood that might be pretty cool to get signed so if I don't find anything I might bring that. The only jerseys I have are a Demeco (RIP) and an old number 8 that some other dude used to wear before Schaub.

Academy typically carries a Texans logo football which is half white and made specifically for getting autographs.

Academy typically carries a Texans logo football which is half white and made specifically for getting autographs.

Nice, I'll check it out. I have a Texans football right now but it's from the inaugural season so it wouldn't make sense for any of these guys to sign it.

Back