Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2012   #1
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Desmond Marrow

Is there any news concerning Desmond Marrow? He's the UDFA cornerback out of Toledo. The reason I ask is that 36 hours ago he tweeted about going though some adversity. He hasn't had an update since and I was wondering if everything was all right. Maybe he got injured or something else happened to him. I was hoping if someone that has sources with the Texans could ask.

I know he's a longshot to make the 53, but I'm pulling for the kid.

Thanks
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Desmond Marrow

Don't know anything about his adversity, but I like what I've read and the little I've seen about his ability.

Big long kid with good speed and agility. Need to see him in action though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, this might be the adversity

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...a-5b1962492df2
Old 07-26-2012   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

He's certainly had a collegiate football career of hardship, having to take 2 years of injury medical redshirt, and graduating after his 6th year. Supposedly he took Houston over other offers. Maybe, he will catch on with one of those other teams.

Former Rocket Marrow running down a dream in Houston
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #5
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I had a feeling that was the reason. Bummer

I think he has a kid on the way, so hopefully he'll catch on with another team.

It's strange the Texans decided to release Marrow and Ford. They still have two spots available on the roster, so it's not like they needed the room. I wish they would have given him a chance in training camp to show what he could do. I think his fate was sealed when we signed Ball, however. At least this way gives him a chance to hook on to another team.
Old 07-27-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG 365 View Post

It's strange the Texans decided to release Marrow and Ford. They still have two spots available on the roster, so it's not like they needed the room. I wish they would have given him a chance in training camp to show what he could do. I think his fate was sealed when we signed Ball, however. At least this way gives him a chance to hook on to another team.
Maybe if he goes to some db hungry team he can stick. Or maybe things might happen and we'd call him back.

Either way I'd still like to see him against NFL competition because I liked this guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Perhaps they're releasing him early enough so he can go to tc wit a team he has a chance to make the team
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Perhaps they're releasing him early enough so he can go to tc wit a team he has a chance to make the team
My thinking as well.
I like Marrow's potential, too.
I was hoping to learn how he does in TC.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #9
KMG 365
Veteran

Update: Marrow signed with Tampa Bay.

Good luck Desmond!
Old 07-27-2012   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Update: Marrow signed with Tampa Bay.

Good luck Desmond!
Glad to see the guy still get a shot somewhere.
Old 07-29-2012   #11
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2096 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
This is the case. It is common practice to cut someone the second you know they won't make the team, then call around or provide a glowing reference to help a guy land somewhere else.
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read