Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-26-2012   #81
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR Roy Williams to get a tryout with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Thank god!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #82
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I'm glad they signed Johnson over Williams, but I'm still a little bit confused on why we wont bring Plaxico in for a tryout. The guy has openly stated he'd play for the Texans, and he'd be a fantastic redzone reciever that would at the very least take pressure away from Arian on near goal line situations.
I don't understand it either. It's really stupid that we don't go after Plex in my opinion either. He showed that he can still play well enough to be a decent #2 on this team and a great RZ threat.

My guess is that it's because of his past. You know that you're out of the question if you've got as much as a parking ticket as far as this franchise goes. Bob only wants Boyscouts.
Old 07-26-2012   #83
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't understand it either. It's really stupid that we don't go after Plex in my opinion either. He showed that he can still play well enough to be a decent #2 on this team and a great RZ threat.

My guess is that it's because of his past. You know that you're out of the question if you've got as much as a parking ticket as far as this franchise goes. Bob only wants Boyscouts.
I would agree but they talked to him before last season. Im starting to think he wants more money tahn what anyone is offering. Someone should have called him but nope.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #84
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree to an extent Tex though I see times a changin' a little at least. Posey is one example. Most all were taken aback with that choice. The FO vetted him to the extreme and drafted him. Bryan Braman is another example. They took a chance on him after his shroom gig. Granted it was at the urging of a former coach and to this point it seems like a solid move.

That said these player's bad choices pale in comparison to Plax's shooting himself but to me he seems to be a changed man and IMHO he sure is a much better RZ target than Bryant Johnson. BJ did snag one TD pass in the RZ but Plax had, what, nine? (going off memory, correct me if I'm wrong). His actions tell me that he *might* have matured somewhat. I think he can really help the team. I doubt we'll see him in a Texans uni but I'd not ***** if he was. I really do think he could be an asset.

As others have stated in different threads we'll have to hide-N-watch what shakes out when camp cuts start happening.

On a Pollyanna note there's an outside chance that the rooks kick ass in TC.

How cool would that be? Fingers crossed.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #85
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I agree to an extent Tex though I see times a changin' a little at least. Posey is one example. Most all were taken aback with that choice. The FO vetted him to the extreme and drafted him. Bryan Braman is another example. They took a chance on him after his shroom gig. Granted it was at the urging of a former coach and to this point it seems like a solid move.

That said these player's bad choices pale in comparison to Plax's shooting himself but to me he seems to be a changed man and IMHO he sure is a much better RZ target than Bryant Johnson. BJ did snag one TD pass in the RZ but Plax had, what, nine? (going off memory, correct me if I'm wrong). His actions tell me that he *might* have matured somewhat. I think he can really help the team. I doubt we'll see him in a Texans uni but I'd not ***** if he was. I really do think he could be an asset.

As others have stated in different threads we'll have to hide-N-watch what shakes out when camp cuts start happening.

On a Pollyanna note there's an outside chance that the rooks kick ass in TC.

How cool would that be? Fingers crossed.

I used to not be able to stand Plex man. Can't stand overly entitled athletes who don't want to work hard and make a mockery of a great sport where you're privlidged as much as they are to play this game in front of Millions of people.

That was old PLex before he went to jail though.

I see a changed man now who realizes he made horrible mistakes, lost a year or so of his life with his family and his career. I have seen and heard nothing but positive things from Plex since he came back. I think the Texans would be a perfect fit for Plex. Really disappointed that Bob and Rick won't take advantage of the opportunity and would waste time on a guy like Roy who has always had even more talent than Plex, but has always had an even worse attitude than Plex and not even nearly as good of a player. And Bryant Johnson isn't worth a **** either.
Old 07-26-2012   #86
BCRich
Veteran

Rep Power: 412 BCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I used to not be able to stand Plex man. Can't stand overly entitled athletes who don't want to work hard and make a mockery of a great sport where you're privlidged as much as they are to play this game in front of Millions of people.

That was old PLex before he went to jail though.

I see a changed man now who realizes he made horrible mistakes, lost a year or so of his life with his family and his career. I have seen and heard nothing but positive things from Plex since he came back. I think the Texans would be a perfect fit for Plex. Really disappointed that Bob and Rick won't take advantage of the opportunity and would waste time on a guy like Roy who has always had even more talent than Plex, but has always had an even worse attitude than Plex and not even nearly as good of a player. And Bryant Johnson isn't worth a **** either.
I thought Plax was always a hard worker. Didn't know he had work ethic issues.

Guess you learn something new every day.
BCRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #87
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR Roy Williams to get a tryout with Texans (UPDATE) signed Bryant Johnson

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BurrPl00.htm

Plaxico stats
Old 07-26-2012   #88
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRich View Post
I thought Plax was always a hard worker. Didn't know he had work ethic issues.

Guess you learn something new every day.
You serious man? Plex had a horrible reputation for years for dogging it man. I'm really not sure how you could have missed that. Why do you think the Steelers traded him? He was known as Plexiglass over there and became hated by a lot of Steelers fans for how bad his attitude was. In NY he seemed to improve on the field, but he always was making the news for getting Coughlin ticked off and Eli as well. Several times he didn't start for missing team meetings and for dogging it at practice. His last season there he was heavily criticized and was possibly on his way out of NY. Ples probably could have had much better numbers throughout his career had he taken his game more seriously. At least he has now. Unfortunately it took a prison sentence to do that though. I'd love to bring the new Plex over here to be a #2 or #3 WR though. I think he would really embrace this team.
Old 07-26-2012   #89
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You serious man? Plex had a horrible reputation for years for dogging it man. I'm really not sure how you could have missed that. Why do you think the Steelers traded him? He was known as Plexiglass over there and became hated by a lot of Steelers fans for how bad his attitude was. In NY he seemed to improve on the field, but he always was making the news for getting Coughlin ticked off and Eli as well. Several times he didn't start for missing team meetings and for dogging it at practice. His last season there he was heavily criticized and was possibly on his way out of NY. Ples probably could have had much better numbers throughout his career had he taken his game more seriously. At least he has now. Unfortunately it took a prison sentence to do that though. I'd love to bring the new Plex over here to be a #2 or #3 WR though. I think he would really embrace this team.
This is one situation where we agree 100 percent!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #90
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
This is one situation where we agree 100 percent!
Old 07-26-2012   #91
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
So all of this wringing of hands was for nothing.
No. It was for something. It helped us pass the time until TC starts and we start getting something real to argue about.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #92
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR Roy Williams to get a tryout with Texans (UPDATE) signed Bryant Johnson

Whenever I think of Plaxico, I think of a play he made as a rookie where he made a catch for a first down, fell down, and got up and spiked the ball in celebration while pointing that he had made a first down.

Unfortunately, no one had touched him and it was ruled a fumble. The other team recovered.

I can't think of him without thinking of that play.
Old 07-26-2012   #93
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

It's about his asking price. The Texans FO would probably need more convincing than most teams when it comes to Plax.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #94
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone here know that the reason Plexico isn't in camp is because the Texans made that choice?

Maybe they made a call and he had no interest. I consider him a "me first" receiver along the lines of a TO. I would imagine those players wouldn't want to come here with a "team first" receiver like Andre.

It isn't always on the team when the best players available don't come to Houston.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #95
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Plexiglass can continue to beg the Panthers for a job for all I care. Dude is NOT Texans material.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #96
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Does anyone here know that the reason Plexico isn't in camp is because the Texans made that choice?

Maybe they made a call and he had no interest. I consider him a "me first" receiver along the lines of a TO. I would imagine those players wouldn't want to come here with a "team first" receiver like Andre.

It isn't always on the team when the best players available don't come to Houston.
I'd accept that had I never heard him say that Houston would be a dream situation for him. I think we called, I think he gave his price and we simply walked away.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #97
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I'd accept that had I never heard him say that Houston would be a dream situation for him. I think we called, I think he gave his price and we simply walked away.
Yeah, but... Plaxico was saying that about EVERY team. It wasn't just us. And if I remember that interview correctly, he didn't bring us up. One of the interviewers asked about the Texans and Plaxico lit up and said, "Oh, YEAH! That would be a dream situation." But he was talking about other teams and I don't think he considered us one of his prime targets before the interviewer brought us up.

You could have asked Plaxico about any of the 32 teams out there and I suspect he would have had a glowing reason for why he wanted to go there.
Old 07-27-2012   #98
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yeah, but... Plaxico was saying that about EVERY team. It wasn't just us. And if I remember that interview correctly, he didn't bring us up. One of the interviewers asked about the Texans and Plaxico lit up and said, "Oh, YEAH! That would be a dream situation." But he was talking about other teams and I don't think he considered us one of his prime targets before the interviewer brought us up.

You could have asked Plaxico about any of the 32 teams out there and I suspect he would have had a glowing reason for why he wanted to go there.
Okay? So....he would probably want to play here, then!

It seems a lot of teams are playing some type of waiting game with Plax, trying to get him for as little as possible... I really hope the Texans can get him into camp, but i think someone will pay him too much real soon...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #99
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How could anyone be happy about Roy Williams potentially making his way onto this team. That dude has been a disaster on 3 different teams and has displayed a poor work ethic and an ego to go with it. So what if he has a big body. That doesn't mean zilch when you suck. I'd take TO's old ass over Roy any day of the week, and I hate TO.
My guess is that Wade Phillips signed off on working him out so I see no harm in giving him another chance

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #100
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Signed Bryant Johnson again. Jippie.

Well I guess if we're going to sign a camp body at WR he was going to probably be cheaper.

I just don't see the point really. Johnson did absolutely nothing noteworthy last year and he had a BIG opportunity to make a splash. He didn't even make a ripple.

I am really hoping one of the rookies or Lestar makes a real big impact, because if they don't, we have to really hope AJ is healthy all year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read