Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2005   #1
Packfan04
Rookie

Default What game was the best win in Texans history?

What was it?
Packfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #2
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

19-10
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #3
Vinnie333
Rookie

i'd say it would have to be opening night against Dallas. But some runner-ups would be the blowout win against Pittsburgh and the last second win against the Jaguars
Vinnie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #4
Packfan04
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
19-10
LOL dallas cowgirls right.
Packfan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #5
THEFUTURE
All Pro

best win so far is dallas, the game i enjoyed the most was New England, even though we lost i thought we showed a lot that game
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #6
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

id say beating dallas was the biggest win in team history, but i think our 21-0 win at jax was huge bc it was our first shutout ever and it was against a divisional rival as they were seeking a playoff spot
Old 05-23-2005   #7
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Beating Dallas on openining night 2002 was da bomb,but i also like going into arrowhead stadium in 2004 and beating the chiefs
Old 05-23-2005   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe you will find the 19-10 game an overwhelming favorite, without a doubt!! Only thing better than that will be when we win the SB!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

How could you not say the Dallas game in 2002. That was our first game at home under the lights vs. our rival at that time. That was a great game to watch.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #10
Davis37
All Pro

I agree about Dallas being the greatest win. I think our greatest loss was vs. Minnesota. We should alot of heart and desire to come from that far behind to send the game into overtime. I believe we should have won that game, but stuff happens.
Old 05-23-2005   #11
titan hater
Veteran

as my name indicates...i hate the titans (er....bud)...but it is hard to deny 19-10, Baby!!! i go to dallas a lot for business. whenever, someone starts in with the mavs beating the rocket talk...i simply say 19-10. all conversation seems to come to an end when this simple, yet powerfull statement is made. big hair dallas still can't handle the truth!!!!
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Beating the Titans twice last season made me feel read good.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #13
Panther5407
All Pro

The comeback vs the Titans and of course 19-10
Old 05-23-2005   #14
Negative Jesus
Rookie

I would have to go with Dallas . That was like winning the Superbowl to me . Also OWNING the Jags is pretty sweet too .

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #15
Texans1984
Rookie

19-10 is the greatest game

sent them home

Texans1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah itd have to be when we beat the cowboys, they thought it was a sure win, we showed them !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #17
TexansJunkE
Veteran

I thought the New England game was the most exciting game thus far. I wasn't at the Dallas game, but any win against the the cow patties is a great win. Best win:19-10. NUFF SAID!
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #18
bigtex77
Veteran

Just curious, I agree with the fact that the Dallas win was the biggest, but i'ts because I think the Cowboys are our biggest rival. To me thats why the win was so sweet, but on the "biggest rival" thread no one agrees. Can anyone back me up on this???
Old 05-23-2005   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
Just curious, I agree with the fact that the Dallas win was the biggest, but i'ts because I think the Cowboys are our biggest rival. To me thats why the win was so sweet, but on the "biggest rival" thread no one agrees. Can anyone back me up on this???
Let me ask you this....

How can a team be our biggest rival when we play them twice a decade and will never meet them in the playoffs unless it is the Super Bowl?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #20
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77

It was the biggest win just because of what surrounded it. Yes, Dallas is a rival, but only because of geography. Take out that fact and there is no football reason they would be a rival. They are not in our division, not even in our conference and we will only play them twice a decade minus preseason games and a possible (be still my heart) Super Bowl matchup.

The win was big because (first and foremost) it was our first game EVER, we were on a national game, they are Dallas, what they said on Hard Knocks and I was in one of the opening shots by ESPN to start the game.

In pure football terms, I might say the Dolphins win in season two would be a good choice.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read