Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-25-2012   #1
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Awesome idea!

Khan is a smart businessman! I know this will save me some money on game day! I think this idea should go NFL wide! Whatcha think? http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/7/...an-food-policy

Jaguars To Announce Policy Allowing Fans To Bring In Food
by Alfie Crow on Jul 25, 2012 1:09 PM EDT in Jacksonville Jaguars News

23 comments Email Print.The Jacksonville Jaguars have made plenty of efforts to get fans into seats under the new leadership of team president Mark Lamping. Lamping is being tasked with continuing to build upon the efforts of groups like Touchdown Jacksonville and Team Teal the past two years. One point of interest from John Oehser's O-Zone on Wednesday, his daily column answering fan questions, was a nugget on a new policy allowing fans to bring food into the stadium.

So, what is the new policy? It's this:

FOOD POLICY
Food is permitted inside EverBank Field for Jacksonville Jaguars home games provided that it is unwrapped and placed inside a one gallon clear plastic bag no larger than 11" x 11" (standard freezer bag).

All food items are subject to visual inspection and may be subject to a more thorough inspection if deemed necessary. Stadium security and the Jacksonville Jaguars reserve the right to deny any food item from entering the gates. No outside liquids or beverages will be permitted to enter EverBank Field. If food or beverage is required for medical purposes, please contact the Jaguars Fan Services Department at (904) 633-2000 (option 1').

No, you won't be able to bring in your own beer. While the team might lose some money on concessions with the policy, I'd imagine the meat of the profit is from good ol' beer.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #2
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awesome idea!

With the tailgating we do, I don't eat much once the game starts!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #3
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46287 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
With the tailgating we do, I don't eat much once the game starts!
Pretty much.

Plus, the big money is in the soda and beer sales, which they don't allow in.
Considering how Jacksonville has struggled with ticket sales, this is a good step to get families to come to the games, assuming they haven't priced them out.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, with tailgating I never order food inside the stadium. I would think this would apply even more so with east coast teams with 1PM kickoffs who have an extra hour to tailgate. I don't even eat between 1-5 at my house.

So far I have seen the Bucs making the best concessions. They have dropped their ticket prices which is the best thing any team can do. For the opening game parking is free and ALL concessions (minus alcohol) is 1/2 off.

I prefer half off sodas because I always need something to mix with the whisky I always sneak in.

That all being said, it's a positive gesture especially for people with kids that always want something.

It looks like some owners are starting to get the point. I am glad that 2 of those teams are in the state that I now reside in ... and the 3rd team (Miami) is too far for me to care.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, I thought you were going to say that Khan announced that he's allowing fans to bring their own tarps into the stadium.

But the food idea is a good idea, too.

Sorry, it was just sitting there..,practically begging to be posted. I beat Dutchrudder to it.
Old 07-26-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Astros also are allowing fans to bring in food right?
Old 07-26-2012   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently a group owned by William Shatner was doing the concessions there.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-26-2012   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Awesome idea!
Almost as awesome as pissing off your only star and best player over a couple million.

Sounds to me like he is in a no spend mode, while working out the move to LA. But thats just me.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012   #9
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70694 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Almost as awesome as pissing off your only star and best player over a couple million.

Sounds to me like he is in a no spend mode, while working out the move to LA. But thats just me.
You mean the star player that has 2 years remaining on his contract? I think Khan is playing this one right. It isn't like the Jags are going to be any good anyway.
Old 08-05-2012   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't like it much if we did it here. Do you really think fans are gonna throw PLASTIC baggies in the trash? What if there is no limit to how many baggies a person can bring in. Just sounds nasty to me.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gonna be lots of heavily spiked, little orange juice containers.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read