Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-25-2012   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please Welcome the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey guys, I know it's a little early, but most of us have high expectations from this little ole club from Texas. We should know by what happened last year, that when those hopes are realized, there will be a lot of new members around here.

Let's not bicker over who was here first, or how many posts a member has or rep points or anything silly like that.

Let's understand that we'll probably rub each other the wrong way for a little while, but in the end, we're all one big happy family with a common emotional attachment to a great organization.

Let's not sweat the small stuff, report bad or abusive posts to the moderators & let them do their thing. It's easy, click the little triangle icon to the right of the rep button.

That way threads don't get high-jacked by, "I'm a better fan than you." arguments.

Never rub another man's rhubarb!
Old 07-25-2012   #22
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
In the words of the late thug Rodney King. Can we all just get along.
Who cares how old dirt is who cares what you have to brag about the only thing that really matters here is that we all get on the wagon and stay there till the SuperBowl and beyond.
Ok, I can agree to that. Can you?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79085
Old 07-25-2012   #23
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yessir!!!

I tried to "rep." you but the 'ol MSR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Got him for you.
Thank you!
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #24
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

My name says it all... others are mere imitators and wannabe's... /DUCK!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

You say we're all Texans fans and need to temper the bickering with the newbies....yet, basically call them bandwagoners in your thread title. LOL, nice TK

Old 07-25-2012   #26
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I remember that thread, I just read over it and chuckled

At the end of the day the more the merrier!
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
You say we're all Texans fans and need to temper the bickering with the newbies....yet, basically call them bandwagoners in your thread title. LOL, nice TK

Right.

We can talk about them now. Just not to their faces.

Old 07-25-2012   #28
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what's funny I probably was one of the first people to join TT but from me getting booted several times for many mishaps and having to make up new name and emails, I very seldom come here anymore because of my temper, I know it's sad but true...

Now with that being said I've had friends and family that were diehard Colts or Cowgirl fans jump ship, I have not called none of them out thus far but once tat window opens to where they start badmouthing the Texans you can be sure that that Ima be on em like white on rice, same goes for the 'new bandwagoners' coming here...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
You know what's funny I probably was one of the first people to join TT but from me getting booted several times for many mishaps and having to make up new name and emails...

Well, that's the real reason I started this thread. I'm going to have to change my name, some folks at work know me by thunderkyss (fantasy football) & if they ever make the connection... "Look how many posts TK makes between 9 & 5"

Well, I'd be looking for another job in an Obama economy.

Can't have that.
Old 07-25-2012   #30
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey dike boy did you read the first line. You bash Bob you get Joe Texan
Old 07-25-2012   #31
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
My name says it all... others are mere imitators and wannabe's... /DUCK!
I knew I should have called my self "imtheveryfirsttexansfanandeveryoneelseisjustcopyi ngmeandifyoudisagreewithmeyouarewrong"!!
Old 07-25-2012   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice play on words.

Dutchrudder....Dutch....Dike boy.

Joe Texan 1

Dutchrudder 0

------------

Lawdy, I hope this is the last non-football thread before camp begins.
Old 07-25-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think there's a misunderstanding about JoeTexan's attitude.

I really don't need to defend him; he's a character all by himself.

All I want to say is that JT is one of those Hardcore Texans fans (no matter how different our opinions may be on different football matters) that examplifies to me what fanhood is all about.

He can call me a bandwagoner, and I would disagree (he never did), but I can understand his point (if he does) because I don't attend many games nor tailgates.

There are people who spend a lot of more time following the Texans than others.
By definition, they are bandwagon fans as opposed to hardcore fans.

There's rookie hazing for a reason.

The funny thing is when I first joined the old TT board in 2006, after a long period of lurking, I was called out as a "noob" by a visiting member (but he was very active on the board, rivaling TexanBill).
His name is HarryJ; he has since passed away (he would be 54 today); he was an Eagle fan that somehow got very attached to the old TT board.
And he became a friend of mine even though we never met.

He's another hardcore football fan; but he found the various Eagles MBs unbearable.
Instead, he found a home on the old Texans Talk Board, thanks to some members of the Blue Crew and our young friend Gary Lynn and another visitor (Diapher - a diehard lady Cornhusker fan - and we can call her a Blue Crew honorary member).

These were the people who enticed me to finally join the Texanstalk board.
There were plenty of football talks, but most of all, it was the spirit of people who loves football for the game it is and to come together to share as fans.

We poke fun at each other and our allegiances but there were always respect.

There are real people on this MB whom you may meet if you wish.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #34
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I just get a filter put in place to basically auto ignore any join date after 2011?
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey guys, I know it's a little early, but most of us have high expectations from this little ole club from Texas. We should know by what happened last year, that when those hopes are realized, there will be a lot of new members around here.

Let's not bicker over who was here first, or how many posts a member has or rep points or anything silly like that.

Let's understand that we'll probably rub each other the wrong way for a little while, but in the end, we're all one big happy family with a common emotional attachment to a great organization.

Let's not sweat the small stuff, report bad or abusive posts to the moderators & let them do their thing. It's easy, click the little triangle icon to the right of the rep button.

That way threads don't get high-jacked by, "I'm a better fan than you." arguments.
Excellent thread. I could care less how long a person has been on MB or how many posts or reps. I want to know what they think. I want to discuss ideas, opinions, likes and dislikes. I want to share things with them and get to know them a bit. I really like it when someone shares a positive in their lives.

Two of our family, Gary and the artist formerly known as SIAB motivate the heck out of me. I enjoy hearing about births and kids going to military, college or seminary.

I just hope those of you who enjoy TT as I do tap that little donate button at the top and throw a few bucks Hook'ems way. Cheapest habit I ever had.

Steve
Old 07-26-2012   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
TexansTalk, in it's originality started separately from the original site. At some point (and I forget the timeline) The Official.com was bailing on their softwere.. Kevin aquired through agreements their software, which at the time helped out tremendously!! TT was suffering at the time. Kevin at that time was trying to run the board from his home/work server as the host for TT...

That said, when the "original TT" / Original "official" dot com merger came to pass, there were *ahem* some viscious times between OLD TT members and the implement of the "official staff (which included the software)... In all honesty, many of the folks from the original TT were not happy because many of us didn't like the ugliness of the "official board offered". I for one had 3 or 4 posts on TT v. the then official board.
I ran the old moderated "official" board completely and I personally negotiated for the message board and the history and merged it with TT with the help of Khari (she's the programmer) when the official site webmasters decided to cut down on their site moderation/standards. I knew the old members would not stick around with a more juvenile board so I made something happen when the Texans forced me to lower my standards. I picked Kevin when he and several others offered to host the community (once I made this public). Kevin told me he was thinking about shutting TT down when this scenario came across his lap. I was glad to help reinvigorate the site and to keep it alive and I feel I made a fantastic choice as Kevin is the ideal owner for this place. thankyouthankyouverymuch.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I ran the old moderated "official" board completely and I personally negotiated for the message board and the history and merged it with TT with the help of Khari (she's the programmer) when the official site webmasters decided to cut down on their site moderation/standards. I knew the old members would not stick around with a more juvenile board so I made something happen when the Texans forced me to lower my standards. I picked Kevin when he and several others offered to host the community (once I made this public). Kevin told me he was thinking about shutting TT down when this scenario came across his lap. I was glad to help reinvigorate the site and to keep it alive and I feel I made a fantastic choice as Kevin is the ideal owner for this place. thankyouthankyouverymuch.
And IIRC, you guided me to this site for which I thank you again.
Old 07-26-2012   #38
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
I apologize, I did not make it clear enough. Let me try to explain it in terms you'll understand. You see, your post about "can't we all just get along?" is a post that would indicate that you will be tolerant and accepting of all other types of fans. That includes completely new fans of the Texans, the bandwagoners, people who just moved to Houston and even the Mcnair/Kubiak/Smith/Schaub haters. Think of it like Steel Blue (the right side of your hat)!

See, your old thread, and well a lot of your post history, is in stark contrast to that because you seem to love "calling people out" for not agreeing with you about the Texans decisions. In the past, you have bashed people for not supporting the organization 110%. Think of that as Battle Red (the left side of your hat)!

So the question is, can Joe Texan be Steel Blue this whole season and refrain from "calling people out" due to differences of opinion, or will Joe Texan be Battle Red and continue to question and attack other fans' fandom due to differences of opinion?

Hint: Say Steel Blue!
Old 07-26-2012   #39
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Please Welcome the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I never understood why people had a negative feeling towards "bandwagoners"? Or why people feel they have to be a fan from the start in order to be true fan. Who cares?

Honestly, if we were all true, hard-core fans through the good and bad seasons, there may be no incentive for management to build a winning team. Having new fans due to the team's success will only help us, so we should all welcome new fans greatly... whether or not they are fair-weathered.
I enjoy winning. I even enjoy seeing Texans stuff every where in our city. I don't enjoy the massive extra warm bodies at events I have been able to enjoy for years without them being a wall to wall cluster.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #40
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was glad to help reinvigorate the site and to keep it alive and I feel I made a fantastic choice as Kevin is the ideal owner for this place. thankyouthankyouverymuch.
I can't thank Kevin enough. I love talking Texans, but that board change was unbearable on so many levels. Very grateful to come here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read