Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Please Welcome the Bandwagon

Hey guys, I know it's a little early, but most of us have high expectations from this little ole club from Texas. We should know by what happened last year, that when those hopes are realized, there will be a lot of new members around here.

Let's not bicker over who was here first, or how many posts a member has or rep points or anything silly like that.

Let's understand that we'll probably rub each other the wrong way for a little while, but in the end, we're all one big happy family with a common emotional attachment to a great organization.

Let's not sweat the small stuff, report bad or abusive posts to the moderators & let them do their thing. It's easy, click the little triangle icon to the right of the rep button.

That way threads don't get high-jacked by, "I'm a better fan than you." arguments.
Old 07-24-2012   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Please Welcome the Bandwagon

NO! I have been here longer, thus you shall recognize me as the superior fan, and do my bidding!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
NO! I have been here longer, thus you shall recognize me as the superior fan, and do my bidding!
I already do. I've never said otherwise oh wise one.
Old 07-24-2012   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I already do. I've never said otherwise oh wise one.
Ah, good man.

BTW to everyone out there= it took me about 4 tries to type that post without mistakes. Had a long day, and have been hitting the alcohol pretty hard. Any further posts are probably going to make little to no sense.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey guys, I know it's a little early, but most of us have high expectations from this little ole club from Texas. We should know by what happened last year, that when those hopes are realized, there will be a lot of new members around here.

Let's not bicker over who was here first, or how many posts a member has or rep points or anything silly like that.

Let's understand that we'll probably rub each other the wrong way for a little while, but in the end, we're all one big happy family with a common emotional attachment to a great organization.

Let's not sweat the small stuff, report bad or abusive posts to the moderators & let them do their thing. It's easy, click the little triangle icon to the right of the rep button.

That way threads don't get high-jacked by, "I'm a better fan than you." arguments.
Yessir!! I totally agree. I just wish newer members could chill a bit (feel the place out) before trying to be the "first" to start a thread without checking out if there's a thread started on that same subject already (my biggest pet-peeve from the influx of new members last year) -or- start threads in wrong forums...

As an aside TK, I apologize for getting ugly with you in the NSZ.. My bad. Emotional subjects sometimes elicit unwarranted elicit responses and that's on me and shouldn't have happened.
Old 07-24-2012   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I have to agree with Texan Bill, because he has the oldest join date.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Well, I have to agree with Texan Bill, because he has the oldest join date.
HA!! I see you working!

Although, not factually correct. The "original" TexansTalk was set-up by Kevin, aka Hookem. It was originally set-up for what was an unorganized tailgating group known as Blue Crew (formally of what used to be the Blue Lot, now Platinum Lot).
Old 07-24-2012   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

By all means report posts rather than get into flame wars.

One aside to that is by all means in a polite fashion inform new members of the customs here. There is nothing wrong with a "welcome to the MB, just so you know we don't want Hookem getting in trouble so we don't post whole articles and we provide links to the original source" type post.

It is after all a community standard, but try to raise them to the community standard rather than sink to theirs.
Old 07-24-2012   #9
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
HA!! I see you working!

Although, not factually correct. The "original" TexansTalk was set-up by Kevin, aka Hookem. It was originally set-up for what was an unorganized tailgating group known as Blue Crew (formally of what used to be the Blue Lot, now Platinum Lot).
I thought it was set up after the main site stopped caring.
Old 07-24-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Yessir!! I totally agree. I just wish newer members could chill a bit (feel the place out) before trying to be the "first" to start a thread without checking out if there's a thread started on that same subject already (my biggest pet-peeve from the influx of new members last year) -or- start threads in wrong forums...
Well that truly is a problem. I wonder how difficult it would be for our site's programmers to subject newcomers to a search engine everytime they hit the "New Thread" button. You know, they'll hit "New Thread" but instead of getting the actual New Thread page, they type in the title of their thread, click submit, then they get a list of all the related threads. If they don't see what they like, they are given the option to continue & make a new thread.

It would only need to be active until they've started five or ten threads.
Quote:

As an aside TK, I apologize for getting ugly with you in the NSZ.. My bad. Emotional subjects sometimes elicit unwarranted elicit responses and that's on me and shouldn't have happened.
No appologies necessary. I more than likely took the comment too personal, something I try not to do on the internet.
Old 07-24-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

It is after all a community standard, but try to raise them to the community standard rather than sink to theirs.
Exactly what I meant to say.
Old 07-24-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I thought it was set up after the main site stopped caring.
TexansTalk, in it's originality started separately from the original site. At some point (and I forget the timeline) The Official.com was bailing on their softwere.. Kevin aquired through agreements their software, which at the time helped out tremendously!! TT was suffering at the time. Kevin at that time was trying to run the board from his home/work server as the host for TT...

That said, when the "original TT" / Original "official" dot com merger came to pass, there were *ahem* some viscious times between OLD TT members and the implement of the "official staff (which included the software)... In all honesty, many of the folks from the original TT were not happy because many of us didn't like the ugliness of the "official board offered". I for one had 3 or 4 posts on TT v. the then official board.
Old 07-24-2012   #13
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I only joined last offseason, although had been reading for a while before then. And I've been a Texans fan since before the Texans existed. So, the join date is obviously irrelevant to me.

In the end, we're all Texans fans.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I only joined last offseason, although had been reading for a while before then. And I've been a Texans fan since before the Texans existed. So, the join date is obviously irrelevant to me.

In the end, we're all Texans fans.
Yessir!!!

I tried to "rep." you but the 'ol MSR!
Old 07-24-2012   #15
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yessir!!!

I tried to "rep." you but the 'ol MSR!
Got him for you.
Old 07-24-2012   #16
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll rack up more losses than this team should have, just based on schedule.

The record will help fend off the bandwagon fans, but the run in December/January will not.

Just my .02.
Old 07-24-2012   #17
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

In the words of the late thug Rodney King. Can we all just get along.
Who cares how old dirt is who cares what you have to brag about the only thing that really matters here is that we all get on the wagon and stay there till the SuperBowl and beyond.
Old 07-24-2012   #18
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad you changed your avatar

Quote:
Hey guys, I know it's a little early, but most of us have high expectations from t...
Old 07-25-2012   #19
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I never understood why people had a negative feeling towards "bandwagoners"? Or why people feel they have to be a fan from the start in order to be true fan. Who cares?

Honestly, if we were all true, hard-core fans through the good and bad seasons, there may be no incentive for management to build a winning team. Having new fans due to the team's success will only help us, so we should all welcome new fans greatly... whether or not they are fair-weathered.
dream_team is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #20
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TexansTalk, in it's originality started separately from the original site. At some point (and I forget the timeline) The Official.com was bailing on their softwere.. Kevin aquired through agreements their software, which at the time helped out tremendously!! TT was suffering at the time. Kevin at that time was trying to run the board from his home/work server as the host for TT...

That said, when the "original TT" / Original "official" dot com merger came to pass, there were *ahem* some viscious times between OLD TT members and the implement of the "official staff (which included the software)... In all honesty, many of the folks from the original TT were not happy because many of us didn't like the ugliness of the "official board offered". I for one had 3 or 4 posts on TT v. the then official board.
Didn't know that Bill, I always thought TexansTalk was created out of the migration from the Main Board, I didn't know it was already going beforehand.

I really haven't even been to the main board since I was placed over here. And now I don't go at all.

I'm hoping to try to come to Houston this season and meet some of you guys. Especially Lauren! (I know, I like playing with fire (read "Inferno")) lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read