Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-24-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jets thinking about using Tim Tebow on kickoffs

I can't figure out if the Jets are making a joke out of Tebow.......or if Tebow is making a joke out of the Jets..........

Quote:
July 24, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT

Another day, another potential role for Tim Tebow with the Jets.

We already know that the team intends to use Tebow as the personal protector on the punt team and in a package of offensive plays designed to take advantage of his running ability. He might also be the team’s quarterback in the red zone, which could mean that he leads the team to scores before covering the ensuing kickoff.

That’s the word from Jets assistant special teams coach Ben Kotwica, who told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News that the team is considering using Tebow on their kickoff coverage team. Kotwica said that he’s not concerned about Tebow’s speed getting down the field or about his ability to make a tackle when he gets down there.

“When he’s in coverage, he’ll be looking to tackle the returner,” Kotwica said. “And from what I’ve seen, I’ve got a pretty high degree of confidence that he would be able to do that.”
More
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 59793 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets thinking about using Tim Tebow on kickoffs

That's it. I'm not putting Tebow on my fantasy team.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 229176 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tebow holds while Tebow kicks. Tebow caught the ball and returned it 17 yards before fumbling after being hit by Tebow. Tebow recovered the fumble and lateraled the ball to Tebow, who ran it in for the touchdown.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Should probably just go into Madden 2013 and edit all the Jets' players' names to Tim Tebow. That would be a funny game to play.
Old 07-24-2012   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets are going to be a circus this season. I just hope we beat the ever livin crap out of them
Old 07-24-2012   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I want to see a Rackers-Tebow collision.
Old 07-24-2012   #7
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just stupid. I get they want to get the most out of him, but he's their backup QB. I have a good feeling all of this is going to backfire big time leading to Rexy getting fired after the season.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
This is just stupid. I get they want to get the most out of him, but he's their backup QB. I have a good feeling all of this is going to backfire big time leading to Rexy getting fired after the season.
This would have been a great year for "Hard Knocks" to have followed the Jets.
Old 07-24-2012   #9
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This would have been a great year for "Hard Knocks" to have followed the Jets.
It would be like watching a trainwreck. Glad L.T. got out when he did.
Old 07-24-2012   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think Tebow's first start this season will be against us on MNF. Don't know how it's gonna get there, but it should be hilarious to watch progress.
Old 07-24-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to why the NYJets traded for Tebow?

Do you really think he was brought in to push Sanchez?

Do you think it was a good decision or a bad decision?

I honestly don't know what to think of it. It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 07-24-2012   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it...

Don't try to fit the guy into some ideological box. He is what he is and what he isn't is a down in down out QB.

I'd use Tebow all over the place and take advantage of the things he's good at. The guy is just a football player. Let him do a little bit of everything.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's good at it and either not likely to get injured, or possibly not so valuable as a QB (just throwing this in to be technically correct), then I don't have any problem with it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's good at it and either not likely to get injured, or possibly not so valuable as a QB (just throwing this in to be technically correct), then I don't have any problem with it.

I still have not watched or paid any attention to the Tebow circus, so it's easy for me to ignore all of that and not be either a drooling fan or a hater of the whole "God is making me good at fooball" thing.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like it...

Don't try to fit the guy into some ideological box. He is what he is and what he isn't is a down in down out QB.

I'd use Tebow all over the place and take advantage of the things he's good at. The guy is just a football player. Let him do a little bit of everything.
I agree with this, that he's a footbAll player & a winner. They should take advantage of what be is good at and limit the things he is not good at & let's face it, he is not good at throwing the footbAll or reading defenses or orchestrating an NFL offense.

I'd make him an H-back & let him redefine the position.
Old 07-24-2012   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I like it...

If he wasn't brought in to be a backup QB then I could understand that. Putting him on kickoff will not happen. I can almost guarantee u that. No way Rex will risk him getting hurt running down the field to tackle someone.

I like the idea of him playing in the red zone and even some specialty packages, but to have players trying to tee off on him on a regular basis on kickoffs is plain stupid to me. There isn't anything anyone could say to convince me otherwise. Now if Rex were to say that he'll be the 3rd QB on the team and the kid from Alabama is going to be second string I might listen. But they've made it clear he's their backup. We should know of all teams how important it is to have a good, healthy backup QB.
Old 07-24-2012   #17
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
By the time we play the Jets, he could be their starter.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

None of this makes any sense, except that Tebow was brought in solely as a gimmick to sell tickets. I don't see this show ending up in a good way for either the Jets or Tebow. All the Jets need now to compliment Tebow is a dancing bear..........at least, the bear would be expected to have an established talent.
Old 07-24-2012   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
None of this makes any sense, except that Tebow was brought in solely as a gimmick to sell tickets. I don't see this show ending up in a good way for either the Jets or Tebow. All the Jets need now to compliment Tebow is a dancing bear..........at least, the bear would be expected to have an established talent.
I don't see it that way.

As much flak that Rex gets, he knows football. He is a hard nosed guy and I'm positive he appreciates good football players.

Tebow is a gifted athlete and I think Rex is going to use him in a way that fires his team up and helps them be more productive on the fields.

I think it's going to be fun to watch.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read