Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-24-2012   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Prisco: Texans 9-7, playoff win

Thoughts? Goes game by game and has Texans losing to Tacks once and close losses to Denver among others. (Normally don't care bout these things, but I'm on fumes waiting for football!)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...sound-familiar
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that is about what our record will be. I think 10-6 but I'm not good with records before the season starts.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #3
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prisco: Texans 9-7, playoff win

Lots of people are hating on this guy. I don't like his picks that much. I say we go 11-5. Stand by it until we lose our 6th game during the regular season.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #4
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Patriots will go 16-0 either.

I'm with Lurvinator11, 11-5 for us.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 1

Miami at Houston, 1 p.m. -- Texans 20, Dolphins 17

Week 2

Houston at Jacksonville, 1 p.m. -- Texans 23, Jaguars 20

Week 3

Houston at Denver, 4:15 p.m. -- Broncos 29, Texans 27

Week 4

Tennessee at Houston, 1 p.m. -- Texans 21, Titans 17

Week 5
Monday, Oct. 8

Houston at N.Y. Jets, 8:30 p.m. -- Jets 19, Texans 15

Week 6

Green Bay at Houston, 8:20 p.m. -- Packers 28, Texans 27

Week 7

Baltimore at Houston, 1 p.m. -- Texans 19, Ravens 17

Week 8
(Byes: Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Houston)

Week 9

Buffalo at Houston, 1 p.m. -- Texans 37, Bills 33

Week 10

Houston at Chicago, 8:20 p.m. -- Bears 23, Texans 21

Week 11

Jacksonville at Houston, 1 p.m. -- Texans 21, Jaguars 17

Week 12

Thursday, Nov. 22

Houston at Detroit 12:30 p.m. -- Lions 30, Texans 28

Week 13

Houston at Tennessee, 1 p.m. -- Titans 21, Texans 17

Week 14

Monday, Dec. 10

Houston at New England, 8:30 p.m. -- Patriots 23, Texans 20

Week 15

Indianapolis at Houston, 1 p.m. -- Texans 31, Colts 7

Week 16

Minnesota at Houston, 1 p.m. -- Texans 28, Vikings 10

Week 17

Houston at Indianapolis, 1 p.m. -- Texans 24, Colts 10

Last edited by Playoffs; 07-24-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5 but 10-6 is possible too.

9-7 would be awful. Didn't the Texans go 9-7 one year not too long ago? I cannot see this team going 9-7.
Old 07-24-2012   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Putting any stock in a 9-7 prediction from a guy also predicting a team to go 16-0 IMO is a FAIL.

9-7 would be God awful in this craptastic division we have (no, the Tits are NOT that good....especially with issues at WR and possibly QB change).

They should be 10-6 MINIMUM if we expect to see the team go anywhere. And that's not with rose colored homer glasses on, that's looking at last season and thinking what could have been with healthy players like Schaub.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2012   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

He has us losing most of our games by 3 or less. Looks like I better reserve a room at ben taub and get some heart medicine prescriptions.
Old 07-24-2012   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
He has us losing most of our games by 3 or less. Looks like I better reserve a room at ben taub and get some heart medicine prescriptions.
Lol....my cardiologist is a Texans fan too, but probably not a fan of me being a fan of the Texans. I always have extra heart meds on hand when it's game time.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 07-24-2012   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Given our schedule, I can definitiely see 9-7.
Teams with most players: Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers (6 each)
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/sto...an-scouts-film
Don't like Prisco's 2012 prediction for the Texans ? Check out his top 100 players where he says
only the 49ers have as many top 100 players as Houston.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #11
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

That's right in line with what I said --- Kubiak needs to hope the rest of the AFC South is just as crappy as they were last year so that 9-7 is good enough.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #12
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not disagreeing so much with his 9-7 prediction for the Texans, but the fact that he picked the Pats to go 16-0 makes him lose all credibility with me.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to support this dude's 16-0 prediction, but the Pats do have the easiest schedule in the NFL.
Old 07-24-2012   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Lol....my cardiologist is a Texans fan too, but probably not a fan of me being a fan of the Texans. I always have extra heart meds on hand when it's game time.
At least this year you might be able to only rely on your meds and probably discard your standby portable defibrillator since Jacoby is no longer with us.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
At least this year you might be able to only rely on your meds and probably discard your standby portable defibrillator since Jacoby is no longer with us.
Lol! repped!

Old 07-24-2012   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

His opinion. Have to respect it.
Old 07-24-2012   #17
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
His opinion. Have to respect it.
Well we don't HAVE to...
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

its pretty much the same playoff teams from last year cept they win moreeee games i just dont see it
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #19
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

We go 11-5 or 12-4 (if there is potential for first round bye) ...

Texans > Jets... I dont see them phasing us

Texans > Lions... Close but i see use taking it.

Texans > Titans... But this depends on our playoff situation...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #20
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
There is still Matt Schaub's Weekly Inexplicable Third-Quarter WTF Interceptions...but there will be fewer drywall repairs in my place now that J.J. is in Baltimore.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read