Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2012   #81
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
And that was a short, safe pass that he took to the house because our defense missed tackles.

A.J.'s winning TD came on a short, safe SCREEN pass that he took to the house.

Whut's yer point?
That "safe" throw came on a 2nd & 8 early in the 2nd qtr on a Cecil Short hitch route that went 67 yds for the TD. The one from Blackmon was for 81 yds on a 3rd & 21 early in the 4th with a 27-20 lead. He caught the ball at midfield, 10 yds beyond their 1st down mark.

AJ screen pass came on 2nd & 5 near midfield and the play call was situational to Jax D and the time left in OT. It has nothing to do with being conservative.

The next time you're trying to make a point to anybody, get your facts straight.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #82
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles started season 3-1 with all those turnovers. People swept that under the rug because they were 3-1. No need to worry. Yeah right, look at them now.

Foster fumbled on a draw play while running away from the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 17 while we down 7 in the fourth Qtr. I rather see AJ fumble after a 16 yd catch trying to stretch for a first down or an int that occured deep at Jax territory. At least I know we gave our offense a shot at scoring on that drive.

I want a head coach that will coach to win. Not someone who's coaching not to lose. Our D is not the Ravens, Bucs, and Bears during their title years so we can't get away with conservative play-calling. If he don't trust Schaub in that situation then why signed him a long-term contract? This is a QB driven league. QB wins championship. So make calls for your QB or get someone that you can trust.
Old 11-21-2012   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
Eagles started season 3-1 with all those turnovers. People swept that under the rug because they were 3-1. No need to worry. Yeah right, look at them now.

Foster fumbled on a draw play while running away from the line of scrimmage on a 3rd and 17 while we down 7 in the fourth Qtr. I rather see AJ fumble after a 16 yd catch trying to stretch for a first down or an int that occured deep at Jax territory. At least I know we gave our offense a shot at scoring on that drive.

I want a head coach that will coach to win. Not someone who's coaching not to lose. Our D is not the Ravens, Bucs, and Bears during their title years so we can't get away with conservative play-calling. If he don't trust Schaub in that situation then why signed him a long-term contract? This is a QB driven league. QB wins championship. So make calls for your QB or get someone that you can trust.
Again, we're 9-1. Should be the end of discussion. There's a difference between laying it all on the line when you have nothing to lose & putting it out there when there is nothing to gain. One is called desperate, the other stupid.

Remember how the Colts used to whip our a$$? It wasn't about being stupid & aggressive for 60 minutes, it was getting a lead & letting the Edge loose.

That is where we need to be. That's where Kubiak needs to be criticized. We had the best OL in the league & now we struggle grinding games out. It's not that we are too conservative that is the problem, it's that we don't dominate in the run game when we're supposed to. That's the signature of Kubiak's offense, running that stretch play when they know it's coming.

So, what are you saying? that we're going to finish the season 9-7? Or that we don't have a chance to win the big game?

The way I see it, we've got 6 games to get the right side of our line to play-off shape. If we get that, there ain't no stop'n this club.
Old 11-21-2012   #84
klockWork
All Pro

Wow. I can't believe you defending a draw play that resulted in a fumble on 3rd & long wile we're down 7 in the 4th Q.

From my point of view the Blackmon TD didn't look stupid and desperate. Henne drop it in where only his WR can catch it.

And how is throwing the ball on 3rd & long to get a first down consider stupid and desperate. If Eli, Roth, and Brady handed the ball off on that situation all their career you think they be where they at right now?

How are we suppose to know where Schaub stands as a QB in situation like that. We can't lock him inside every time it gets dark outside. That is what playoff are made of - critical moments like that.

I don't want Schaub to get the deer-in-the-headlights-look if he finds himself in those moments in the playoffs.
Old 11-21-2012   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. I can't believe you defending a draw play that resulted in a fumble on 3rd & long wile we're down 7 in the 4th Q.
I'm not defending the fumble. Just trying to understand what you are saying. You said Kubiak's conservative nature is going to cost us the big game. We've played some pretty decent teams so far & lost only one game. His decisions are a big part of that.

You said:
Quote:
I want a head coach that will coach to win. Not someone who's coaching not to lose.
We're 9-1.

Is that because Kubiak coached us not to lose? What were those other 9 coaches doing?

Quote:
Our D is not the Ravens, Bucs, and Bears during their title years so we can't get away with conservative play-calling.
Again, what you are saying is not lining up with reality.
Quote:
If he don't trust Schaub in that situation then why signed him a long-term contract? This is a QB driven league. QB wins championship. So make calls for your QB or get someone that you can trust.
& yet Elway didn't win a Championship 'til he got TD. Peyton only has 1. Brees 1.

I didn't like the call either, however I had no doubt in my mind we were going to win that game. & it was a missed field goal in regulation that prevented the straight-up win, meaning the coaches decisions got us where we needed to be.

Why does Kubiak call that freakin draw on third & long? I don't know. It never works. Surely he sees that as well as you, so there must be another reason.
Old 11-21-2012   #86
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you keep bringing up the fumble in a play calling discussion? It is totally irrelevant to the play call as would be an INT if they had passed as you advocate.
Old 11-21-2012   #87
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if we can some how win these next 3 games Lions titans Pats

then we can pretty much treat the last 3 games has pre season we could lose all 3 and still be Number #1 seed

I hope the players know that
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2012   #88
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it is good for teams to go into preseason mode at the end of the year. Clinching the #1 seed with three games to go is not something I would refuse, obviously, but we've seen a lot of dominant teams falter in recent years because they played their best football earlier.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #89
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That "safe" throw came on a 2nd & 8 early in the 2nd qtr on a Cecil Short hitch route that went 67 yds for the TD. The one from Blackmon was for 81 yds on a 3rd & 21 early in the 4th with a 27-20 lead. He caught the ball at midfield, 10 yds beyond their 1st down mark.

AJ screen pass came on 2nd & 5 near midfield and the play call was situational to Jax D and the time left in OT. It has nothing to do with being conservative.

The next time you're trying to make a point to anybody, get your facts straight.
I never referenced down & distance on either play. Your third down & long "point" holds no water. My point was (and is) a "safe" pass or draw play can result in a long game on any down.

And if you go back and look at the play-by-play, we weren't in "3rd & long" more than 3-4 times during the whole game. So I don't get why you're all pissed about something that happened - to us - rarely during the course of the game.

1st Qtr:
3rd and 5 at HOU 42 - (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete deep left to A.Johnson [T.Alualu].

2nd Qtr:
Nothing longer than 3rd & 3

3rd Qtr:
3rd and 17 at HOU 26 - (Shotgun) A.Foster right guard to HST 22 for -2 yards (P.Posluszny). FUMBLES (P.Posluszny), RECOVERED by JAX-J.Chick at HST 11. J.Chick to HST 11 for no gain (K.Walter). The Replay Assistant challenged the loose ball recovery ruling, and the play was Upheld. What else would you do deep in your own territory but run the ball?? Remember, the reason it was 3rd & 17 is because Schaub got sacked for 8 yds on the previous play.

4th Qtr:
3rd and 9 at JAC 29 - S.Graham 47 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-J.Weeks, Holder-D.Jones.
The reason this was 3rd & long is because Caldwell drew a false start penalty (I put that on Myers for waving his arm just prior to the snap - what was that about?)

O/T:
3rd and 7 at JAC 7 - (Shotgun) M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to A.Johnson (D.Cox)
We're on their 7; no room for anything but short pass or a run (I think they tried a quick fade route and AJ actually got his hands on the ball but the DB made a good play by yanking his arm before he could secure the catch.

No more 3rd downs. Next series Schaub threw the pick trying to go down field to AJ (that was on 2nd down). The following time we won on AJ's TD.

Four times, in a five qtr game, we were in 3rd & long. Once was a FG attempt for the win. The other three times we went to our stars - or tried to - to give them a chance to make something good happen.

So I still ask, what's your point with this "3rd & long" griping?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #90
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

So what are we saying? Most likely the Texans go 4-2 the rest of the way & finish 13-3?
Old 11-22-2012   #91
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
So what are we saying? Most likely the Texans go 4-2 the rest of the way & finish 13-3?
It may depend on how the other guys on the learder board perform (how long we need to keep fighting for the number one seed.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read