Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-20-2012   #41
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

We've got to answer the questions about the right side of our offensive line because it's a big deal when a team loses its starting guard and tackle.
And then there's the all-important QB position - will Schaub quickly return to pre-injury form or will there be a long transition period ? Finally, what about another WR(s) stepping up to at least be an adequate reserve(s) for the starters ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?
BR Predicts 12-4? What say me???

We're screwed now!!
Old 07-20-2012   #43
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BR Predicts 12-4? What say me???

On record saying 12-4 sounds really good. (optimistic) With our SOS I still think we're looking at 9-7, at best, 10-6. This will still win the division and take us to the new season where we can shine. All we need to do is make the post season healthy and peak at the right time. I feel it in my bone.

We're screwed now!!

Hold on TB. I know you're being facetious but I believe we've got a better shot than most other teams in the league barring injury of coarse.

3 more characters...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012   #44
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll start by saying, I hope I'm wrong.

This team has the talent to win the Superbowl. The players are hungry and
young enough to get it done. Here it comes...

B-U-T

Gary Kubiak is still Kubiak. Matt Schaub is still in and out of Ben Taub.
Both of those elements need to up their games dramatically to see this
team get to where we want them to.

I see this team going 8-8, or 9-7 due to the schedule and all the coverage
and primetime games they will see this year being a reason for their loss
of focus.

I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately, I doubt it. My signature will remain the
same, because this regime has established a pattern. I hope last year
was the start of a new pattern, rather than an anomaly.
Old 07-20-2012   #45
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Yes there is. Their names are Rodgers, Brady, Megatron, Revis and Mario Williams.
Oddly enough, I thought we played teams and not individuals. Look, I just hope our players mentality is better then some of our fans. If we expect to make any noise, we have to overcome our inferiority complex. The Texans are finally a good team.
Old 07-20-2012   #46
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We've seen Gary loosen the reigns a time or two. Usually when his back is against the wall, but there have been other times as well. This team has usually done something silly, & invent a new way to lose a game.

I don't think Kubiak is conservative by nature, I think it's been a result of the shipwreck we've thrown on the field. I think our leaders this year can actually deliver & not just talk a good game. Like I said, I love Demeco, but he wasn't that guy that came in as a rookie and lit it up. Mario, just never was that "watch me, do what I do" guy.

Cush & Watt & Jjo, & Quin.... & Antonio we've got a field of leaders.

Arian, Andre, Brown, & Matt.... Winston was alright, but made too many mistakes to be bumping his gums (imo).
Hope you're right.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012   #47
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hate that site.

As for 12-4, eh, if we can stay healthy maybe.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-21-2012   #48
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
For the past 16 years at least 5 new teams are in the playoffs, which means at least 5 teams that made the playoffs dropped out. I with you, I hope we started a new pattern.

Code:
At least five new teams to make the playoffs each year since 1996 are:

SEASON

PLAYOFF TEAMS NOT IN PREVIOUS SEASON'S PLAYOFFS

1996:5 (Carolina, Denver, Jacksonville, Minnesota, New England)
1997:5 (Detroit, Kansas City, Miami, New York Giants, Tampa Bay)
1998:5 (Arizona, Atlanta, Buffalo, Dallas, New York Jets)
1999:7 (Detroit, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Washington)
2000:6 (Baltimore, Denver, New Orleans, New York Giants, Oakland, Philadelphia)
2001:6 (Chicago, Green Bay, New England, New York Jets, Pittsburgh, San Francisco)
2002:5 (Atlanta, Cleveland, Indianapolis, New York Giants, Tennessee)
2003:8 (Baltimore, Carolina, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, New England, St. Louis, Seattle)
2004:5 (Atlanta, Minnesota, New York Jets, Pittsburgh, San Diego)
2005:7 (Carolina, Chicago, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, New York Giants, Tampa Bay, Washington)
2006:7 (Baltimore, Dallas, Kansas City, New Orleans, New York Jets, Philadelphia, San Diego)
2007:6 (Green Bay, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Washington)
2008:7 (Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Carolina, Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia)
2009:6 (Cincinnati, Dallas, Green Bay, New England, New Orleans, New York Jets)
2010:5 (Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle)
2011:6 (Detroit, Houston, San Francisco, Denver, Giants, Cincinnati)
Old 07-21-2012   #49
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

B-U-T

of focus.

I hope I'm wrong
, but unfortunately, I doubt it. My signature will remain the
Bull****. (bolded)

You hope you're wrong? Stop it. You can't WAIT to be right so you can make a thread in November. Goes for you and everyone else who says that "I hope I'm wrong" garbage. Who wants to be wrong?

Glad you provided my 6th or 7th laugh that I've had this AM.

"I hope I'm wrong"...
Old 07-21-2012   #50
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Find me the squad that's about to stop

In the games before the bye.

Don't worry, I'll wait. ** voice**
Old 07-21-2012   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Bull****. (bolded)

You hope you're wrong? Stop it. You can't WAIT to be right so you can make a thread in November. Goes for you and everyone else who says that "I hope I'm wrong" garbage. Who wants to be wrong?

"I hope I'm wrong"...
I believe him.

He distrusts Kubiak & he has reason to. He doesn't believe Gary can put back to back successful years together. Look at how long it took to get back to back wins.

But he loves the Texans. Wants to see them do well.

Doesn't believe in Kubiak, actually believes Kubiak is a detriment to the organization.

I've got my concerns about Gary, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, where Dex is going by past record.
Old 07-21-2012   #52
ThaShark316

Quote:
I believe him.

He distrusts Kubiak & he has reason to. He doesn't believe Gary can put back to back successful years together. Look at how long it took to get back to back wins.

But he loves the Texans. Wants to see them do well.

Doesn't believe in Kubiak, actually believes Kubiak is a detriment to the organization.

I've got my concerns about Gary, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, where Dex is going by past record.
The opinion was fine. The more opinionated folks we have, the better. But "I'm hope I'm wrong" is a crock.
Old 07-21-2012   #53
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bull****. (bolded)

"I hope I'm wrong"...
People are hoping to be right about a 12-4 year, before the season starts.

I am hoping to be wrong about an 8-8; 9-7 year before the season starts.

The mathematics are the same, but you don't like my perspective in this
equation. Duly noted, but irrelevant. Kubiak and Schaub are what will
bring this team down, should our goals not be achieved in 2012.

Go Texans!
Old 07-21-2012   #54
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

B-U-T

of focus.

Oh wow, it's like a post from pre-season 2010. It's like you say the same thing every year, imagine that.
Old 07-21-2012   #55
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The opinion was fine. The more opinionated folks we have, the better. But "I'm hope I'm wrong" is a crock.
Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it's wrong.

It's actually a very simple concept to 1) believe that something negative is likely to happen, but 2) hope that your belief proves to be wrong.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012   #56
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Oh wow, it's like a post from pre-season 2010. It's like you say the same thing every year, imagine that.
Tough to blame him however. Such a prediction has worked pretty well with the exception of the 2011 season.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012   #57
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Just because you can't comprehend something doesn't mean it's wrong.

It's actually a very simple concept to 1) believe that something negative is likely to happen, but 2) hope that your belief proves to be wrong.
But if you're right, first thing one will do is thump their chests.

The Texans and Dex's opinion aside, that's for everyone who says "I hope I'm wrong".
Old 07-21-2012   #58
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I liked Demeco & I liked Mario. But neither are the leaders JJ Watt & Brian Cushing are. Along with JJo & The offensive leaders, Andre, OD, Matt & Arian, I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012
Hope you're right.

Maybe old dogs can learn new tricks.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012   #59
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But if you're right, first thing one will do is thump their chests.
And that is just as often true for people who predict positive events.

Quote:
The Texans and Dex's opinion aside, that's for everyone who says "I hope I'm wrong".
Not everyone.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012   #60
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Bah Humbug. I understand completly what Dexman is saying, and I'm not that far from his opinion. Without Wade, Kubiak wouldn't look very good. Kubiak is good for the offense and coaching up QBs, but I still have my doubts about him as a head coach.

And guess what? I HOPE I'M WRONG ABOUT HIM! LOL

Man, some of these threads are getting a tad skanky. Pre-season just can not get here soon enough so we have something real to discuss instead of just throwing around opinions at each other.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read