Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-19-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
As a Texans fan, of course I'm optimistic, hoping for the best, but 12-4 seems like a best case scenario to me. Our schedule is more difficult...

But let's hope they're right.
Technically speaking, this years S.O.S. is the easiest it's been in the Kubiak era. It's the only time it's been below .500

No reason we shouldn't be 12-4 if we're not, something went wrong during the season & we didn't handle it very well.
Old 07-19-2012   #22
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoudreamn View Post
There's no reason we shouldn't win every game on the schedule.
Yes there is. Their names are Rodgers, Brady, Megatron, Revis and Mario Williams.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm Cautiously optimistic at this point.

I don't predict records. I don't know how to do that.

I'll just say I expect to be in the play-offs.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #24
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Technically speaking, this years S.O.S. is the easiest it's been in the Kubiak era. It's the only time it's been below .500

No reason we shouldn't be 12-4 if we're not, something went wrong during the season & we didn't handle it very well.
That's because we're playing 2-14 Colts twice and 3-13 Vikings once. And we don't play them until the last three weeks of the season. Don't kid yourself, this schedule is not easier than last year's. In terms of winning %age, SOS never looks the same at the end of the season as it does at the beginning.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #25
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61273 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

No way we lose to the Pats or Ravens this year. Like the Steelers game last year they are a defining games.

19-0 or 6-10. One of those two.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #26
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I remember we pitched an O'fer a few years back in prime time. 0-3 in front of the nation.
Yeah, but that was the 05 season. I'd say we're a lot better off now.
Old 07-19-2012   #27
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Yes there is. Their names are Rodgers, Brady, Megatron, Revis and Mario Williams.
I can't remember a single game where I thought, we won that game because of Mario.

I'll go 11-5.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2012   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
That's because we're playing 2-14 Colts twice and 3-13 Vikings once. And we don't play them until the last three weeks of the season. Don't kid yourself, this schedule is not easier than last year's. In terms of winning %age, SOS never looks the same at the end of the season as it does at the beginning.
We also play the jags twice & the Titans twice and for the first time they (as ) as the Colts are quantifiably worse than we are. We should sweep the division this year. Never before has that been the case. I know we say it all the time. But it's never been as true as it is now.

I know the SOS isn't a very accurate representation of the teams we're going to face in 2012 however it's just as accurate as saying we''ll be fielding the #2 defense. Apples to apples, this is the easiest schedule we''ve started a year against. The only reason we think it's tough is we expect the Bears, Lions, and Jets to be better than they were in 2011
Old 07-19-2012   #29
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont think there is any way we will lose less than 5 games.

Greenbay, @ Jets, @Detroit, @New England, Baltimore.

And in this scenario I am giving wins @CHI, @DEN, vsBUF.

11-5 sounds about right to me.
What team are you a fan of?

Not the Texans obviously.

We will beat GB, DET and BMore and most likely NE.

We will be 13-3 or 12-4
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With an easy schedule last yr they finished 10-6

This yr 9-7 is about right. Luckily that should be enough to win the division.

You've got to take into account Garys history of going conservative and losing 1-2 games a yr that he should win.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I can't remember a single game where I thought, we won that game because of Mario.

I'll go 11-5.
There was the Miami game his rookie season. He tipped a pass that would have been the game winner in the last seconds of the game. Then there was the Broncos game that should have sealed Shia first pro-bowl bid where he dominated the whole game. We beat the Stealers last season largely in part to Mario's ability to get in Rothlisbergers head & chest & back & hips & shoulders.

I'm sure there are a few others but since he isn't a Texans anymore, it''ll be like they never happened.
Old 07-19-2012   #32
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm firmly in the 11-5 camp. I'd like 12-4 and think it's entirely possible but my innate pessimism keeps me from predicting anything beyond 11-5.

Honestly, if I thought we had a good chance of going 16-0 I'd probably still say 11-5. I guess it comes from living my entire life in Houston and following the Oilers from an early age.
That's exactly the way I look at it. The Oilers have scarred me for life.

And injuries will dictate what our W-L record will be. That's why I don't get into predictions.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #33
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

last year 10-6 was really different last year we were 7-3 at one point should of been at least 8-2 should of never lost that raider game or even the saints Brees came back and scored like 14 points in 6 mins ...when brees goes INTO beast mode its kinda hard to stop him esp in teh SUperdome

but once we clinched the divison we kinda just shut it down and also when yates came in i dont think we ever scored more then 24 points in a game our O dropped production alooootttt since its obvs we missed Schaub

thats kinda why we went 10-6
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With an easy schedule last yr they finished 10-6

This yr 9-7 is about right. Luckily that should be enough to win the division.

You've got to take into account Garys history of going conservative and losing 1-2 games a yr that he should win.
I liked Demeco & I liked Mario. But neither are the leaders JJ Watt & Brian Cushing are. Along with JJo & The offensive leaders, Andre, OD, Matt & Arian, I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012
Old 07-19-2012   #35
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 1482 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
mostly over-rated.....I mean, if the NFL names a rule made to help you.....that says something. I expect Mario to be what Mario has always been....Revis is getting older and JETS create more drama than anyone in the league, Packers defense is suspect and the team pulled rabits out of hats repeatedly last year......Megatron is a beast.
Old 07-19-2012   #36
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 1482 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I liked Demeco & I liked Mario. But neither are the leaders JJ Watt & Brian Cushing are. Along with JJo & The offensive leaders, Andre, OD, Matt & Arian, I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012
yea.....how many times do we know of where Mario led the defense in preparations getting ready for the new season.....Demeco did! In my mind, what stands out is the beginning of off-season workouts and such in years past new players commenting on how big Mario was......because they never saw him until he was required to be there. Mario is a very good player who often disappoints and the national press never wanted to say anything good about him until he left....I figure that speaks volumes. I wish him well.....in every game we don't play against them.
Old 07-19-2012   #37
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would really like to see that. Balls out, killer instinct, kick 'em while they're down game plan.

Don't think it will happen but I'd sure like to see it.

I temper this thought somewhat though after recalling going to Tennessee and see Gary not calling the dogs off.

Would like to see it more.

But then, we're soft.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

They won ten last year after a lockout and losing Schaub. We'll see but it is too hard to say.
Old 07-19-2012   #39
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012
Just curious why you think that.

I'd be delighted if that happens, but I can't figure out what you think is different about the year 2012 that will cause Gary Kubiak to cast aside his conservative tendencies.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Just curious why you think that.

I'd be delighted if that happens, but I can't figure out what you think is different about the year 2012 that will cause Gary Kubiak to cast aside his conservative tendencies.
We've seen Gary loosen the reigns a time or two. Usually when his back is against the wall, but there have been other times as well. This team has usually done something silly, & invent a new way to lose a game.

I don't think Kubiak is conservative by nature, I think it's been a result of the shipwreck we've thrown on the field. I think our leaders this year can actually deliver & not just talk a good game. Like I said, I love Demeco, but he wasn't that guy that came in as a rookie and lit it up. Mario, just never was that "watch me, do what I do" guy.

Cush & Watt & Jjo, & Quin.... & Antonio we've got a field of leaders.

Arian, Andre, Brown, & Matt.... Winston was alright, but made too many mistakes to be bumping his gums (imo).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read