Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2005   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr's best performance

What was Carr's best game so far? Not just stats, but a game where he really became a leader and played like one.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked the Titans game where we came back from like 20 points down to win.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #3
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

that's amazing...I'm watching my tape of that game right now, that's why I posted the question.
Old 05-21-2005   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
that's amazing...I'm watching my tape of that game right now, that's why I posted the question.
Yeah that was a GREAT game, wish I could watch it on tape, but when my sister came to visit she taped over it to record her "Desperate Housewifes". AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. :brickwall GOD you don't know how P**sed I was when I sat down to watch the game, pushed play and that came on and on top of that the Kansas City game was on there to. Any other tape I would of been fine with. But NO she had to grab the one that had the 2 biggest wins in our franchise history........fresh wounds...fresh wounds.
Old 05-21-2005   #5
ojthecat
Veteran

My favorite was the Atlanta game 2 years ago showed a lot of heart.
Old 05-21-2005   #6
swisher
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojthecat
My favorite was the Atlanta game 2 years ago showed a lot of heart.
That's one that came to mind first. That took guts, he could have easily done major damage to his throwing shoulder. He looked like Jeff Bagwell out there.
Old 05-21-2005   #7
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I would say his 1st game..... I don't think many in the NFL including Dallas will forget that one...........
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2005   #8
swisher
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Yeah that was a GREAT game, wish I could watch it on tape, but when my sister came to visit she taped over it to record her "Desperate Housewifes". AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. :brickwall GOD you don't know how P**sed I was when I sat down to watch the game, pushed play and that came on and on top of that the Kansas City game was on there to. Any other tape I would of been fine with. But NO she had to grab the one that had the 2 biggest wins in our franchise history........fresh wounds...fresh wounds.

That sucks. I had an old Oiler game that for some reason I had not pulled the tab on. My two year old son somehow pushed the record button. By pure luck I walked by and noticed the "hum" of the vcr recording. It could have been worse, but now I have about 20 minutes of The Fresh Prince of Bellair in the middle of that game.

By the way, on the tape I'm watching the Texans just intercepted McNair to end the game.
Old 05-21-2005   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Yeah that int was the icing on the cake, kinda like blowing out the birthday candles.
Old 05-22-2005   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt like he really took command in the Raiders game and AJ and Gaffney showed what they could do as well when they are on.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #11
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I like the way he brought us back against the Vikings. We should have won that game.
i think that was his best too, despite losing the game...
Old 05-22-2005   #12
THEFUTURE
All Pro

does the NFL do DVDs for seasons per team, that would be pretty cool to just have a DVD set of all last years games for the Texans and stuff like that
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #13
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

I was watching the Jacksonville game last night (10/31/04) & it seemed to me that DC was on pretty good for most of that game. The Gaffney fumble while waltzing into the endzone made me cringe but once I got past that, the game was pretty entertaining IF you were wearing Battle Red that day. BTW, anyone out there with a copy of the Dallas 02' game wanna trade for a week or so? I'd love to revisit that a** whoopin a time or two more.
Old 05-22-2005   #14
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

i wish i would of had a VCR at the time to record a game. I was still living in the 1980's for a few years... Trust me there is nothing more that i want is a complete set of all the Texans games to go right along with the late 1990's college bowl games that i have
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #15
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I think his best game was the Vikings game with the Atlanta game second.
Old 05-22-2005   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Did You Know?- Carr has yet to loose to Jacksonville.
Yeah he has, he lost at Reliant our first year. I think he had 1 passing TD and 2 rushing TDs but we lost.

He hasnt lost to Bryon Leftwich or in Jacksonville.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it has to be the Vikings game. That might be AJ's best game also. He was catching everything. Luckily that was one of the games I went to last year because it wasn't shown on tv down here in Corpus Christi. The other one I went to was Jacksonville on halloween. The Texans kicked some butt that day.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #18
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Our first game against Dallas.
I was in WA State, home on emergency and was watching the game alone in my parents' livingroom. I never yelled so hard for a football game in my life! My dad thought I had lost my marbles and was stunned that we TEXANS took it!! Our boys went out there with something to prove, and they did!
David did awesome on his debut.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #19
Paragon Blue
Veteran

I remember my cousin calling me from the stadium at halftime of the Titans game and I was at home watching the game and he asked me what I thought. Needless to say I was Pi$$ed. He told me to have some faith. I will never forget that game, how excited I was at home when they came back. You should have heard me yelling at my house. I think I upset my neighbors.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2005   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Yeah he has, he lost at Reliant our first year. I think he had 1 passing TD and 2 rushing TDs but we lost.
I thought Carr was going to pull that game out, too. He had been chased all day by the Jags d-line, but was still able to make plays. The Texans got the ball back with 1:30 left needing only a FG to tie, but back-back sacks by Henderson & Stroud killed any hopes. Still, Carr is never as confident as he is against Jacksonville. He just knows that he owns them.

No one has mentioned the "Leap of Faith" game (at home against Jax in '03), but Carr wasn't going the let the Texans lose that day. All of the RBs were fumbling, the O-line was picking up penalties, the O.C. was calling bogus HB option passes. Didn't matter because Carr kept them focused and finally put the winning points on the board. That's the game of Carr's that stands out in my mind.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read