Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-31-2012   #61
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dez Does Dallas Dirty

Jerry Jones: “Too Pissed To Talk” To Dez Bryant

By Mike Fisher, 105.3 The Fan | CBSDFW.COM
July 31, 2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

OXNARD, CA (CBSDFW.COM) – We may never know who pulled what bra strap and we may never know if “striking someone in the face with a cap” is a truly violent act or just a re-enactment of an old Laurel & Hardy bit.

But this we do know about Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant’s recent legal entanglement: His boss is “pissed’’ about it.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones revealed Tuesday morning on ‘Elf & Slater’ on 105.3 The Fan that the reason he hasn’t yet consulted with Bryant is, “Because I’m too pissed to talk to him.’’

The district attorney may be pressing on, even as Bryant’s mother Angela wishes to drop the charges of family violence against her Cowboys-employee son. How do we know that she’s telling the truth when she says she lied? We know that if you put the lad in a courtroom and maybe in jail, his leeches’ rents and mortgages don’t get paid.

Jerruh, Jerruh, Jerruh....What will you do??..........................NOTHING.....

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #62
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Goodell is going to focus on these "misdeeds" in a more concentrated approach.

Goodell committed to stemming NFL's DUI, domestic violence arrests
Old 08-01-2012   #63
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry's just pissed Dez hasn't found a glory hole yet.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #64
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Talented yet troubled at times, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant hasn’t had someone in his life who can provide him with advice that he’s willing or able to heed. While it’s easy to find plenty of people who will give such advice, Bryant has to be receptive in order for the advice to take.

From Deion Sanders to David Wells to Eugene Parker to Drew Rosenhaus back to Eugene Parker to Jerry Jones to Jason Garrett, no one has been able to get Bryant’s full attention when it comes to getting and keeping his life in order. Former Cowboys receiver Drew Pearson, who wore the same number Dez now owns, tried — and Pearson has said that Bryant “laughed in my face.”

Bryant has now found someone, apparently. According to Mike Fisher and Richie Whitt of 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, Bryant’s potential mentor is former Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek.
link

The word "sociopath" comes to mind. A leash and a handler would seem more appropriate.
Old 08-26-2012   #65
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When the team broke camp in Oxnard, Calif. and returned to Dallas on Aug. 23, Bryant was presented with a series of conditions he must meet if he is to remain with the team. Judging from the specifics, we're guessing that Bryant has been lighting metropolitan Dallas up to an impressive degree.

Per ESPN Dallas, Bryant now has the following "restrictions":

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

• No drinking alcohol.

• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7876--nfl.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #66
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

It is a sad situation. I was a Lufkin HS season ticket holder when he played high school football. The kid has unbelievable freak of nature talent. His HS coach the late John Outlaw was probably the only father figure Dez had in high school and John would keep those kids in line.

However, there were signs of trouble in high school. He started reading his own press clippings and his work ethic suffered. In fact, his entire senior class of football players was probably the most talented I have ever seen. However, they started getting the big head and got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs by a team that backed into the playoffs from their district.

I have said all of that to say this. My son is a year younger than Dez and came home one day and said Dez's position coach chewed him out in practice. Basically, Dez popped off about how high school didn't matter anymore since he was going to OSU anyway. His coach shot back, "Go on to OSU then. You'll be back in Lufkin dealing crack on the street 10 years from now anyway."

I think I want that coach to pick my lottery numbers for me.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #67
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Jerry left out the most important restriction of all..........."He is not allowed to beat his mother........in the presence of a witness."
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2012   #68
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Jerry left out the most important restriction of all..........."He is not allowed to beat his mother........in the presence of a witness."
Jerry's already hired someone to beat Dez's mother for him.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #69
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yeah - I did look at the guidelines originally and though...hmm - it's sensible and all, but what does it have to do with the incident that took place?

Then I thought how employers work, and started thinking perhaps they've heard stories that haven't made the press about his outside of work behavior.

That said, I don't think that Pantherstang's coach is going to be right. He will obviously make a career of being a talking head on NFL Network first instead of having to deal crack.
Old 08-28-2012   #70
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 7055 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
It is a sad situation. I was a Lufkin HS season ticket holder when he played high school football. The kid has unbelievable freak of nature talent. His HS coach the late John Outlaw was probably the only father figure Dez had in high school and John would keep those kids in line.

However, there were signs of trouble in high school. He started reading his own press clippings and his work ethic suffered. In fact, his entire senior class of football players was probably the most talented I have ever seen. However, they started getting the big head and got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs by a team that backed into the playoffs from their district.

I have said all of that to say this. My son is a year younger than Dez and came home one day and said Dez's position coach chewed him out in practice. Basically, Dez popped off about how high school didn't matter anymore since he was going to OSU anyway. His coach shot back, "Go on to OSU then. You'll be back in Lufkin dealing crack on the street 10 years from now anyway."

I think I want that coach to pick my lottery numbers for me.
I must agree with you, I saw Lufkin (w/ Dez) in Houston take on North Shore. To call it a 'game' would be a very liberal use of the word. Dez is arguably one of the most physically talented football players I've seen in HS, if not the most. He touched the ball 3 or 4 times, and every time it was a touchdown.

As deep as my hatred for all things Cowgirls go, I find this particularly delightful because Jerry should know by now, you can't fix stupid.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
I must agree with you, I saw Lufkin (w/ Dez) in Houston take on North Shore. To call it a 'game' would be a very liberal use of the word. Dez is arguably one of the most physically talented football players I've seen in HS, if not the most. He touched the ball 3 or 4 times, and every time it was a touchdown.

As deep as my hatred for all things Cowgirls go, I find this particularly delightful because Jerry should know by now, you can't fix stupid.
And you should know by now that as also relates to Jerry, in managing player problems, you can't fix stupid.
Old 09-14-2012   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Jerry Jones: Rules might save Dez Bryant's Cowboys career

Quote:
Had the third-year pro not agreed to the guidelines, would he still be a member of the Cowboys?

"That's a fair question, but I don't know the answer," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports. "But let me say this: To be on the Dallas Cowboys, he needed to show that he was serious about altering his lifestyle."

Old 11-03-2012   #73
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Apart from a chronic inability to catch the football, to not misplay punts, and to remain healthy, Bryant has been placed on a set of rules for off-field conduct. According to BlackSportsOnline.com, now part of the USA Today Media Group, Bryant violated one of the basic terms of his double secret probation.

Dez was out past midnight, even though he’s questionable for Sunday night’s game at Atlanta with a hip injury.

Given that the Cowboys insisted that they didn’t impose the rules on Bryant and that he imposed them on himself, it’ll be interesting to see what happens next.

Will Dez fine himself? Bench himself? Suspend himself?

For now, we’ll have to wait and see what Dez does — and what the Cowboys don’t do.
link
Old 11-04-2012   #74
texanprincess
Rookie

Section: 326
Rep Power: 0 texanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respected

If he could catch a football, would anyone care if he was out past midnight?
texanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #75
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanprincess View Post
If he could catch a football, would anyone care if he was out past midnight?
Nope, but someone has to change his diaper!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read