Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dez Does Dallas Dirty

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Dez Bryant arrested on family violence charge
July 16, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant was arrested on Monday in the Dallas suburb of DeSoto, Texas.

Fox 4 in Dallas reports that Bryant faces a Class A family violence charge and has already bonded out of jail. No further information is available about what transpired leading to Bryant’s arrest.

Bryant confirmed to WFAA in Dallas that there had been an incident, but he would not go into any details about what the incident was.

“I’m good, I’m good,” Bryant told the TV station.

Bryant is a very talented young receiver who has had some off-field red flags in the past, but none of those past red flags — ranging from NCAA eligibility issues to financial problems — had included an arrest. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who has been one of Bryant’s strongest supporters, will surely be extremely disappointed by this development.

Bryant boasted recently that he’s in phenomenal shape and quicker, stronger and faster than last year. But this is just the latest incident to raise questions about whether a failure to keep his head on straight off the field will prevent him from realizing his potential on the field.

Dez is an idiot. Anyone who gets themselves in debt like he did before he signed his contract isn't focused on the right things. The guy is full of talent though and its sad to see. At this point its clear that he doesn't care to get his life together. He abused Revis last year when they played each other. He could be a top 5 receiver in this league IMO.

Jerry Jones just cannot help himself. From T.O. to PacMan to Dez...Jerry is addicted to flammable players.

Dallas fans deserve better than that. Jerry needs to reevaluate what he values most in his players. He needs to attend a clinic by McNair. Man I wish we could play them now...our defense would obliterate them.

Jerry Jones just cannot help himself. From T.O. to PacMan to Dez...Jerry is addicted to flammable players.

Dallas fans deserve better than that. Jerry needs to reevaluate what he values most in his players. He needs to attend a clinic by McNair. Man I wish we could play them now...our defense would obliterate them.

Texans were the best of the two last time, and see how that ended. The only obliteration was to the unsuspecting Cowboy fans.

However, his girlfriend says his left hook is about the same as last year. :specnatz:

Wow! Was it girlfriend issues or baby mama drama? Either way, the guy has to exhibit the self control to walk away from confrontations. Walk away, Dez, walk away.

Wow! Was it girlfriend issues or baby mama drama? Either way, the guy has to exhibit the self control to walk away from confrontations.

To be honest I don't know. One article (ESPN) said he pushed his mother after arguing with his half-brother, another said girlfriend.

If it was his mother he hit (or pushed) I would think she would have whooped his ass on to Injured Reserve...lol.

From what I've read it just said "family" dispute so I'm not sure what female was involved. However, the kid needs to grow up. What is sad here is that I've been reading on other boards if he will be ready to play or how this will all be forgotten if he plays well. People should concentrate on "is the female in this case alright?" That is the issue here. Misdemeanor or not, violence against women is not cool. He has all the talent in the world but a 2 cent brain. No excuses for that. I don't care if you are 23 or 43, if someone gives you millions of dollars, make it your business to act right. Before getting too extreme I'll let the facts come out and see what this was all about.

Bryant's improvement on the field and a renewed focus on conditioning and film study led Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to praise the receiver's maturation.

"He certainly is different as far as his maturity and as far as his understanding of what it takes to play in the National Football League than when he got here," Jones said last month.

There was no word on what Jones thought about Bryant's maturity after Saturday's arrest.
link

Psychoanalysis has never been Jerruh's strong suit.

Advice is given to NFL rookies to separate from their old "in the hood" friends. It's unfortunate to say, as difficult as it may be to do, consideration should possibly be made to extend that advise to a grossly dysfunctional and grossly negatively-impacting family situation.

Dez Bryant’s arrest came after pushing his mother

July 17, 2012, 7:01 AM EDT

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant pushed his mother on Saturday in an incident that wound up with Bryant arrested for misdemeanor family violence.

A source told ESPNDallas.com that Bryant and his half brother had been in an argument before Bryant ended up pushing his mother. Police were called at that time, although the police didn’t arrest Bryant until Monday. Bryant’s mother did not need to be taken to the hospital for injuries.

Bryant’s mother, Angela Bryant, has had a number of run-ins with the law, including spending 18 months in prison during Dez’s childhood for selling crack cocaine. Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland caused a stir at the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine for asking Bryant if his mother was a prostitute.

Although Bryant has never been arrested before, he has had other incidents with police, including being detained early this year after an alleged altercation at a nightclub in Miami, and having off-duty police working security at a Dallas-area mall telling him he was banned from the premises. The family violence arrest could lead to Bryant facing discipline from the league office.

This guy actually beat-up his own Mother ? That's gotta be some kind of new low in behavior by an NFL player.

For as long as I've known of his existence I've thought this guy was a turd. He's done nothing to change that perception and it's starting to look like he never will.

The article said that he pushed his mother, not pushed her down nor beat her up. My question is what type of push was it. If in a confrontation with her, absolutely no way should he ever touch her in that manner. On the otherhand if he and his half brother were going at it and she jumped in the middle to get them to stop, he could have reacted in an effort to keep her safe.

I attended a wedding a couple of years ago where the bride had a large number of family members in attendance who were from Lufkin. Naturally, in general conversation at the reception I asked about Dez. The one closest to his age said that he was very talented and should do well if he stayed away from the environment that he grew up around. She didn't elaborate, and I didn't pry yet gathered by the way that she answered he had a lot to overcome. It now seems that his problems could be much deeper than the homies. Instead of saying walk away Dez, perhaps it should be stay away if the half brother is going to be a conflict. He has a heck of a lot more to lose that the brother.

The article said that he pushed his mother, not pushed her down nor beat her up. My question is what type of push was it. If in a confrontation with her, absolutely no way should he ever touch her in that manner. On the otherhand if he and his half brother were going at it and she jumped in the middle to get them to stop, he could have reacted in an effort to keep her safe.

I attended a wedding a couple of years ago where the bride had a large number of family members in attendance who were from Lufkin. Naturally, in general conversation at the reception I asked about Dez. The one closest to his age said that he was very talented and should do well if he stayed away from the environment that he grew up around. She didn't elaborate, and I didn't pry yet gathered by the way that she answered he had a lot to overcome. It now seems that his problems could be much deeper than the homies. Instead of saying walk away Dez, perhaps it should be stay away if the half brother is going to be a conflict. He has a heck of a lot more to lose that the brother.

They are now saying he hit her with a baseball cap and ripped her bra. But it seems like he hit her. Rule #1 of being a man..never hit a woman...especially Mom. Idiot. In his position and she is begging him to leave...leave.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/17/dez-bryant-police-report-911-mother-bra/

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant allegedly hit his mother in the face with his baseball cap ... and grabbed her by the shirt so hard that he ripped her bra ... this according to arrest documents obtained by TMZ.

The docs say ... cops were dispatched to Bryant's mother's home in DeSoto, Texas on July 14 at 1:47 PM after receiving a 911 call reporting an assault -- family violence.

Once cops arrived to the scene, Dez's mom Angela told cops she had gotten into an argument with Dez and demanded that he leave the home ... and that's when Dez got physical.

On the 911 call, Angela says, "My son has assaulted me. He's here now. he won't go home. I keep telling him to go, he won't go." You can clearly hear an argument in the background as Angela says, "I can't let him keep doing me like this. I'm gonna put an end to it today."

According to the documents, cops returned to Angela's home 2 days later and she complained of pain in her wrists, hands and arms .. and said her chest was sore from Dez pushing her.

Cops say they observed bruising in her upper arm. The docs list Dez Bryant as being 6'1", 198 pounds.

Bryant turned himself into police yesterday, and was booked for assault -- family violence, a Class A misdemeanor.

More - slightly differing - specifics.

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant assaulted his mother during an argument in DeSoto Saturday, allegedly slapping her face and pulling her hair, DeSoto police revealed to reporters Tuesday.
LINK

IMO, there's got to be a reason why he went at her like that. He's surely a smuck, but going after your own mother is off the charts.

There's been rumors about his mom for a long time. What if they are true and he's making an attempt to get her right and she's refusing? Just a thought, that's all

Don't get me wrong. I think the dude's a moron. I just think there has to be more behind the story. Most men will protect their mothers, no matter what

IMO, there's got to be a reason why he went at her like that. He's surely a smuck, but going after your own mother is off the charts.

There's been rumors about his mom for a long time. What if they are true and he's making an attempt to get her right and she's refusing? Just a thought, that's all

Don't get me wrong. I think the dude's a moron. I just think there has to be more behind the story. Most men will protect their mothers, no matter what

I see where you are coming from....we don't know a thing about his screwed up family dynamics and she may be a person that is constantly battling something where it wears him down. BUT, as stated above by all of us, you just can't strike a woman. He just needed to figure out how to walk away. I am seeing some other quotes though that scare me a little more...that this might be a first time:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...as-cowboys-allegedly-assaulted-mom-police-say

I
can't keep letting him do this," said Angela Bryant, who made the call from the nearby home of family friend and adviser David Wells. "I can't keep letting him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm going to put an end to it today. I'm tired."

The tricky part is no man should assault a woman..especially their Mom...put their relationship seems so strange it is hard to gather what might be vindictiveness and what might be the straight story.

If the TMZ account is correct, there is no way Dez should have behaved in that manner. It's one thing to move her out of the way of a confrontation between two adults, which I don't see anything about the half brother in the latest account, but aggression, in that manner can ever be justified.

If the TMZ account is correct, there is no way Dez should have behaved in that manner. It's one thing to move her out of the way of a confrontation between two adults, which I don't see anything about the half brother in the latest account, but aggression, in that manner can ever be justified.

I'm seeing that account more and more too Star...at least according to the Mom's 911 call. According to the Star-Telegram see mentioned he wanted to kill her

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/07/16/4103558/bryant-arrested-on-domestic-violence.html

In an emotional 911 call, the mother of Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant can be heard telling friends that her son “tried to kill me” and that she’s going to “put an end to it today.”

I'm 99.9 percent sure that house was purchased by Dez, and he could feel entitled to be there whenever he chooses. Wrong! If he mother is still dealing with issues of her earlier life, he can't fix it, so it is best for everyone involved is for him to turn over the deed if he hasn't already and love her from a distance. If that is the case, perhaps at some point she will get the help needed, and the same goes for Dez to get the help needed to move forward. Family violence will not solve anything.

This just sounds like years and years of anger, by all parties involved, has boiled over to the point that a son hit his mother.

Past issues, coupled with fresh wounds (inflicted by more than just one or the other person, I'm sure), and this is what happens.

Who knows what the entirety of the complexion of this issue is. I'm just generally saddened when I see adult men who react wrongly and you look back at their childhood and you see such utter dysfunctional behavior by a mom or dad that has contributed their child's own eventual adult dysfunctional behavior.

I know, I know...it doesn't excuse a guy like Dez Bryant's behavior. I get that. I'm just saying the entirety of the ugliness can be a very heavy thing if you think about the persistent nature of the problems they've had as a family.

More - slightly differing - specifics.

LINK

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant assaulted his mother during an argument in DeSoto Saturday, allegedly slapping her face and pulling her hair, DeSoto police revealed to reporters Tuesday.

Ripping shirts, tearing bras, slapping faces, pulling hair. Sounds like a cat fight. Dez sounds like he fights like a girl.

This whole situation, whatever the circumstances, seems like a very sad culmination of an extreme family dysfunctionality that didn't start yesterday, nor is likely to end tomorrow.

This just sounds like years and years of anger, by all parties involved, has boiled over to the point that a son hit his mother.

Past issues, coupled with fresh wounds (inflicted by more than just one or the other person, I'm sure), and this is what happens.

Who knows what the entirety of the complexion of this issue is. I'm just generally saddened when I see adult men who react wrongly and you look back at their childhood and you see such utter dysfunctional behavior by a mom or dad that has contributed their child's own eventual adult dysfunctional behavior.

I know, I know...it doesn't excuse a guy like Dez Bryant's behavior. I get that. I'm just saying the entirety of the ugliness can be a very heavy thing if you think about the persistent nature of the problems they've had as a family.

I get what you're saying, but the overall message is Dez is a fool. I'm friends with a guy who was drafted in the top 5 and had his mother and brother trying to spend his money like it was free water. He addressed the situation early and doesn't even associate with his brother often now. Dez has to understand that you can't allow your family to become a burden.

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in my book. He racked up almost a million dollars of debt in jewelry, made news for not wanting to do something every rookie does, got banned from a mall for him and his friends acting like teenagers and showing their underwear, and now this situation comes up. I know people from Lufkin too and he's always had a sense of entitlement. Its time for him to grow up. Whenever u have this many screw ups it can't keep being other people's fault.

Last edited:
They are now saying he hit her with a baseball cap and ripped her bra. But it seems like he hit her. Rule #1 of being a man..never hit a woman...especially Mom. Idiot. In his position and she is begging him to leave...leave.

Whomever invented that rule never had a dangerously violent girlfriend.

A man should never…ever… beat a woman.

Hit her to protect yourself, someone else, or even her if she is a danger to herself? I can deal with it. Not a fan, and it should be a last resort, but it can happen.

Not using it to protect Dez. This sounds like a straight up punk move.

Whomever invented that rule never had a dangerously violent girlfriend.

A man should never…ever… beat a woman.

Hit her to protect yourself, someone else, or even her if she is a danger to herself? I can deal with it. Not a fan, and it should be a last resort, but it can happen.

Not using it to protect Dez. This sounds like a straight up punk move.

The person who invented that rule is a realist. If a man hits a woman, even to protect himself, he will still be looked at negatively. He will still get his butt dragged to jail. The charges may be dropped but the damage to a man's reputation has already happened. Perhaps he is fired from work, maybe his friends and/or family look at him differently.

Its simply not worth it. There are ways to protect yourself that don't involve hitting a woman. And rightly or wrongly, society will look down on a man hitting a woman for any reason. So, the person who invented that, was a realist living in the real world.

Dez Bryant accused of grabbing his mom by the hair and hitting her
July 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT

Police in DeSoto, Texas, said today that Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant grabbed his mother’s hair and hit her before he was arrested and charged with misdemeanor family violence.

“It’s pretty straightforward,” DeSoto Police Captain Ron Smith said, via the Star-Telegram. “He and his mom got in an argument. It’s physical. She got some injuries. We made the arrest.”

It is not clear to what extent Bryant’s mother was injured, although she did not need to be taken to the hospital. The police report says Bryant slapped his mother’s face with a baseball cap and pulled her hair. Some reports have said the incident between Bryant and his mother began as a fight between Bryant and his half brother, but Smith said he doesn’t know why Bryant and his family were fighting.

“Whatever led to it is really not an issue for us,” Smith said. “We have an injured person. We have a suspect. We’re going to move forward.”

If convicted Bryant could serve up to a year in jail. He could also be facing discipline for violating the NFL’s personal-conduct policy.

Rusty could pick up a couple more bucks if he plays it just right.:kitten:

Jerry is addicted to taking risks. Things aligned for him in his life where risk taking has paid off tremendously for him, both in business and early on with the Cowboys, and now the law of averages is catching up to him, at least as far as the Cowboys are concerned. You just can't roll the dice and expect a hard eight every time.

Not even close, they get exactly what they deserve.
:fans:

Had Dez at 15/doesn't know who the father is =check

Mother spends a yr and a half in jail for selling crack = check

Mother is/was a prositute = check

Yeah I could see where Dez might have a few mommy issues.

He still shouldn't have hit his mom. No matter how bad of a person she might be. I doubt she is telling the whole story. Obviously she has no character. Dez, I hope he has learned to distance himself from his past/family.

Had Dez at 15/doesn't know who the father is =check

Mother spends a yr and a half in jail for selling crack = check

Mother is/was a prositute = check

Yeah I could see where Dez might have a few mommy issues.

He still shouldn't have hit his mom. No matter how bad of a person she might be. I doubt she is telling the whole story. Obviously she has no character. Dez, I hope he has learned to distance himself from his past/family.

He also took it pretty hard when in HS he found out that his mother's sexual preference was other ladies.

Pimp slapped his own mom, figured she'd be used to it by now.

venrsl.jpg

Sad past............Possibly sadder future.

Dallas Cowboys: Sometimes Dez Bryant can't help but make wrong decisions
Those who know him say former OSU star is a good man at heart, but he needs direction from good role models.

By Berry Tramel | Published: July 18, 2012

Some things can't be fixed.

Not by a loving village. Not by a caring campus. Not by amazing athletic ability. Not by the world's most famous football team.

So Dez Bryant's life continues to spiral out of control. Even if he does wear the vaunted No. 88 for the Dallas Cowboys and might be the best player in shoulder pads for the men who wear the star. Even if he was such an athletic marvel at OSU that his last name no longer is necessary in the state of Oklahoma.

Dez was arrested Monday and booked on a misdemeanor charge of assaulting his mother, Angela.

There is no excuse for striking a woman, much less your mother. But the people who know Dez know what he's up against. How a horrible home life growing up in Lufkin, Texas, gave him few tools in which to make good decisions and live a fruitful life. How OSU gave him structure in his 21/2 years as a Cowboy, but once he was gone from Stillwater, that protection went, too.

A Lufkin teacher emailed me Tuesday to try to provide a glimpse of Dez's situation.

“The news media, the Dallas Cowboys, the public, the normal sports fan, cannot imagine the life that this young man had,” wrote the teacher, who I later spoke to and wished to remain anonymous. “What he had to overcome can't be imagined by most decent people.

“He comes from absolutely no home life, but when he was drafted, the family came out of the woodwork.”

At OSU, Dez never was a problem in terms of behavior. People throughout the athletic department will admit that Dez was completely irresponsible – didn't always go to class, late for meetings, didn't understand the concept of a schedule – but never was he a problem otherwise. No drinking. No drugs. No disrespect.

“The Dez I knew would not beat up his mother,” said Marilyn Middlebrook, OSU's associate athletic director for academic affairs. Middlebrook termed Dez “sweet” but “irresponsible.”

Which is not surprising, considering his home life. Dez's mother was 14 when he was born and later spent 18 months in prison for drug trafficking. Dez often went house to house to sleep. Middlebrook said the story around the athletic department was that Dez in Lufkin would sleep in his clothes, because he often had to move in the middle of the night.

“He didn't have any kind of family support,” the Lufkin teacher said. “Lived with all kinds of different people. He just never had anybody stable in his life. When these kids go off to college, or when they get drafted, they take that with them.”

Lufkin's coaches provided Dez with male role models, and former OSU assistant coach Gunter Brewer was a rock for Dez in Stillwater. But then came the 2010 NFL Draft. The cocoon was gone.

I figure the Cowboys selecting Dez actually was a curse. That he needed to go anywhere but Dallas or Houston. As far from Lufkin as possible. To Seattle or Miami or Buffalo.

That's what the people at OSU thought, too.

But the Lufkin teacher said it wouldn't matter, that Dez's family would have followed him.

Middlebrook said she's counseled former OSU basketball star Tony Allen on the same dangers. Allen was from the streets of Chicago. “Away from Chicago, he did great,” she said. But when he went home to visit his mother, old friends “who haven't been successful pull him away.” She's urged Allen to steer clear from those Chicago influences and believes he has.

But Dez has not. Since his OSU playing days, Dez and friends have been banned from a Dallas mall for inappropriate language and dress, he has been sued for unpaid debts, detained but not arrested for an altercation at a Miami Beach nightclub and fined by the Cowboys for infractions such as being late to meetings.

Dez needs direction and mentoring, but whoever he's turned to, including apparently his family, is providing neither. Dez had surrogate parents to some degree in the form of Lufkin High School faculty and OSU's athletic department. Just because he's 23 and an NFL player doesn't mean that need has expired.

The Lufkin teacher said Dez always had pride. Was always clean and decently dressed. “One of the sweetest, most generous kids you would ever want to meet,” the teacher said. “Just a really good kid. I don't know how he overcame what he overcame.”

But the sad truth is, Dez hasn't overcome it. Not yet anyway.

Some things can't be fixed.

Last edited:
Very sad read, and puts in perspective somewhat what I came away with with the conversation I had with a Lufkin native. However, even in that conversation I didn't know a simple statement of getting away from the Lufkin connection could have been worse than I could ever imagine.

I stand by with my comments of "stay away Dez, stay away" but can he or will it really matter. I had another long conversation with a friend this afternoont who has an inside track about a lot of things that go on in the league, is not a Cowboys fan, but said that Dez was saddled with leechers who were there only for what they could get from him and had no problems in destroying his image or career if he didn't come through. That is a total opposite in the dynamics that most of us have in family.

I know this sounds incredible that I run in to some of the situations that I do, but a cousin through marriage recently met who she though was a wonderful gentleman from her parents home town who has a son in the league. He was the perfect gentleman on the phone, promised tickets to the son's team games, just Mr. Wonderful. He came to visit her in the state that she lives and a totally different picture emerged. He had a very nice SUV compliments of the son, and was depending on the son to keep reloading a VISA to sustain his lifestyle. The friendship lasted less than a week and my cousin couldn't believe a person his age could be such a loser. She was smart enough to end any talk of a future or further friendship.

Last edited:
That was a good CND and thanks for showing that.

I'm completely empathetic to his situation having to grow up without a REAL mother in his life, and understand how family can cling on to someone after they start making money. I have tons of stories of friends who were in similar situations. Some were fortunate enough to get in the NFL. Some weren't.

The issue with Dez is gonna be when will the cycle stop? I've been involved first hand with having to disassociate from family. Its never an easy thing to do, but he also has some issues that go beyond family. This is likely a turning point for him. He can become the next success story who changed his life around or he can become another statistic. A guy who allowed his upbringing to be used as an excuse for why he can't act right as a man. At this point, his family isn't just costing him money that he's spending directly on them. They're costing him a ton of money in potential income. If he's not able to afford that nice house anymore because he's out of the leaugue where are mom and the other leeches gonna go then?

Last edited:
Some people compartmentalize better than others.

When I see someone on here posting that a person's past is their past and they oughtta' be able to make better decisions NOW...I think what's being lost is that not every person can compartmentalize like others can.

Not every person can lock up the dysfunction and store it away in a box.

For some, they just outwardly manifest the dysfunction. With Terrell Owens, his dysfunction drug of choice is relationships. He doesn't trust people, he backstabs teammates. Dez's problem is obviously that he's unable to break away from hurtful persons. Opposite dysfunctions but the root is the same: A verrrry hurtful childhood where adults were pieces of **** and neglected T.O. and Dez.

Dez needs to hire a 24-7 live-in consultant and motivator who keeps him busy and on time to meetings. Contract that person for one year. There are plenty of single guys who are qualified in sports management or lifestyle management who would easily earn a nice $50k salary to be Dez's lifestyle police.

Otherwise, he'll be a goner in two years.

When I see someone on here posting that a person's past is their past and they oughtta' be able to make better decisions NOW...I think what's being lost is that not every person can compartmentalize like others can.

For some, they just outwardly manifest the dysfunction. With Terrell Owens, his dysfunction drug of choice is relationships. He doesn't trust people, he backstabs teammates. Dez's problem is obviously that he's unable to break away from hurtful persons. Opposite dysfunctions but the root is the same: A verrrry hurtful childhood where adults were pieces of **** and neglected T.O. and Dez.

Dez needs to hire a 24-7 live-in consultant and motivator who keeps him busy and on time to meetings. Contract that person for one year. There are plenty of single guys who are qualified in sports management or lifestyle management who would easily earn a nice $50k salary to be Dez's lifestyle police.

The cowboys already employ a babysiter for him iirc. Also 50k isnt much money if Im working 24/7

The cowboys already employ a babysiter for him iirc. Also 50k isnt much money if Im working 24/7

I tried to click on your link to see news about this babysitter that you claim already works for the Cowboys. Maybe you should check your link? Oh that's right, it's just "iirc" and not really a link.

Also, if I'm living with a superstar (no mortgage or rent) and if he's paying my bills and other stuff (groceries) then $50k is a nice starting point.

I'm not exactly doing hard work, I'm just along for the ride and reminding him of things as if I'm a little angel sitting on his shoulder.

Would it work? Only if Dez continued to abide by the agreement. It'd be a long shot, for sure, but hey...he's going to crash and burn if he's left on his own. Might as well try the whole live-in Life Coach thing.

I tried to click on your link to see news about this babysitter that you claim already works for the Cowboys. Maybe you should check your link? Oh that's right, it's just "iirc" and not really a link.

Also, if I'm living with a superstar (no mortgage or rent) and if he's paying my bills and other stuff (groceries) then $50k is a nice starting point.

I'm not exactly doing hard work, I'm just along for the ride and reminding him of things as if I'm a little angel sitting on his shoulder.

Would it work? Only if Dez continued to abide by the agreement. It'd be a long shot, for sure, but hey...he's going to crash and burn if he's left on his own. Might as well try the whole live-in Life Coach thing.

Im not sure I can link listening to Mike and Mike in the morning but they were talking about the Cowboys having someone to follow dez around. I also think it is a lot more work than you might think and "living with a superstar" isnt so super if its your job to keep it toned down

Im not sure I can link listening to Mike and Mike in the morning but they were talking about the Cowboys having someone to follow dez around. I also think it is a lot more work than you might think and "living with a superstar" isnt so super if its your job to keep it toned down

I don't know about with Dez, but the Cowboys did it with Pac Man and it failed miserably.

You know what GP, that sounds all well and good but you know what that's giving him? A never-ending excuse. This is a common problem in the black community and I really can't stand it. He'll always be able to say, "Well you know I grew up hard and my parents weren't in my life. I don't know how to deal with it."

Like I said before, he can become another statistic who allowed his upbringing to be his downfall like many thousands of others in the black community, or he can use his experiences to provide strength to him in life and overcome those things. Only he can control this because a live in babysitter won't be on the sideline when he's being disruptive with teammates. A live in babysitter won't stop him from getting into fights in the club. I wish the best for the guy, but these excuses will stick with him and he'll continue to use them as long as people keep allowing him to.

Back