Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-21-2005   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chiefs To LA ?

Chiefs raise specter of moving team
County officials perceive a heightened need for tax

By JEFFREY SPIVAK and BENITA Y. WILLIAMS
The Kansas City Star
For the first time in stadium improvement talks, one of Kansas City's major teams has raised the possibility of leaving town if the Truman Sports Complex is not renovated.

The Chiefs' new chairman, Clark Hunt, recently told a group of state legislators and local leaders that one or both teams would probably leave Kansas City if Jackson County defaulted on its leases with the teams and the sports complex didn't get a major face-lift soon.

LA is mentioned in the article. Wonder what the chances are??

From kansascity.com you must register (free) to read
Old 05-21-2005   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
LA is mentioned in the article. Wonder what the chances are?
Considering that LA is the #2 market & KC is something like #30, it makes sense (& a lot of cents). But the NFL just closed a record TV deal without LA. How much does it really matter? As long as LA has a void, NFL franchises will be able to hold their cities & states hostage for new stadiums & tax breaks.
Old 05-21-2005   #3
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

I have heard they are a prime target to move to LA, right along with San Diego
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Rumors of so many teams going to LA .. but finding someone to put up the money and locating a SPOT for a stadium seems to be an ongoing mystery.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #5
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Maybe JAX should move to LA considering they never have fans in the stadium

or California already has a busload of teams, so maybe they should find the one with the lowest fan base,attendance and income and stuff like that and move them to LA. Prolly Raiders or 49'ers
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #6
royce1054
All Pro

What i heard about the raiders is they have a contract till 2010 or 2011.
The cardinals are getting a new stadium X them off

Minnesota, New Orelans, KC, SD are the four teams i think might possibly move. I think NO might move next season to san antonio... I heard the SD might be going banrupt so i think they are the prime candidate for moving north.

Oakland might be a team that moves out of LA because by the time their lease is up god knows what city will need a team by then
Old 05-21-2005   #7
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I thought the reason why LA did have a team any more was because they had a hard time getting people to go to the games?
Old 05-22-2005   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce1054
Oakland might be a team that moves out of LA because by the time their lease is up god knows what city will need a team by then
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005   #9
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

KC has some of the greatest fans in america, the Chiefs aren't going anywhere
Old 05-22-2005   #10
royce1054
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan

It was a 2am post
Old 05-24-2005   #11
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
The Baltimore Colts had some great fans too.
Its all about the facilities and the $, ......not the fans.
But I agree, the Chiefs aren't leaving, just a little leverage by Hunt.

cac:
Old 05-24-2005   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with youngstown, KC fans are GREAT football fans, they deserve a much better product. I would put them in the same category with GB fans
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The one thing that's impossible to miss is that Los Angelas is worth far more to the NFL empty than it is with a team there. Empty it's the threat hanging over all of our heads when the teams want something from their home towns. If someone moves to LA the most convincing threat the NFL has goes away.

I think they would be fools to put a new team in LA.
Old 05-24-2005   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 58171 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Tell ya what, since Taggyboo has such a chubber for LA, why not move the Chiefs, Saints, Niners, Chargers, Jags, Colts, Raiders, Jets and go ahead and add the remaining 24 to the relocation into LA.

That way, LA can support the NFL (as they have so well in the past) and the rest of the USA can buy Sunday ticket.... which apparently they're raising the price on.

... glad I'm in close proxmity of the home team
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #15
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Aren't they running out of places around LA that don't want the NFL around. The latest hope, Carson, just said NO.
Old 05-24-2005   #16
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Tell ya what, since Taggyboo has such a chubber for LA, why not move the Chiefs, Saints, Niners, Chargers, Jags, Colts, Raiders, Jets and go ahead and add the remaining 24 to the relocation into LA.
Hmmm, the LAFL, it has a ring to it.
Old 05-24-2005   #17
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Quote:

i believe you are right.i live 80 miles south of kc and my other half well i hate to say it she is an avid chiefs fan as is most the population around here,i have attended several chiefs games in the past(pre 2002),not only does their season tickets sale out every year,but kc has the 3rd highest pricing in the league,Arrowhwhead stadium is i guess 32 yrs old or so,and i believe the article has served it's purpose to get a rise out of the fans and make them realize that a tax hike might be what it takes to keep them here,and they will vote it in if neccessary,in 1964 when the then dallas Texans owned by Lamar Hunt and other investors packup and moved the Team to Kc,it looked like the team would not make it financially selling only like 5000 tickets,seemed like a bad move to move to kc and the investoers wanted Hunt to pull out and move again but he didn't.any way i believe that the chiefs will stay in kc,bsisdes doesn't the NFL have to approve such a move and doesn't that take awhile to happen?
Old 05-24-2005   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Saw this article at SI.com .. yes or no, they want comment about giving LA a 3rd chance.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../head2head.la/
Old 05-24-2005   #19
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 58171 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
...Some of the greatest memories I had growing up in L.A. were going to Raiders games with my dad and watching Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson run over helpless defenders. It's not that L.A. doesn't love football -- look at the attendance when the Raiders and Rams were contenders and the area's TV ratings last year -- it just doesn't support losing teams with crazy owners who constantly threaten to leave....
Wow, doesn't THAT sound familiar?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #20
maddsouth
Rookie

The Chiefs wont go to LA, KC is like the place to be for a game, they have great fans and always sell out...no way they move...I dont buy that
maddsouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read