Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-15-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Johnathan Joseph: Bengals are cheap, Texans are not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Convenience.
I wonder what Sorbanes-Oxley have to say about that.
Old 07-15-2012   #22
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wonder what Sorbanes-Oxley have to say about that.
Uhmm...OK - just curious why on earth would you think this has anything to do with Sarbanes Oxley?
Old 07-15-2012   #23
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i checked out the bengals board, they seem to be making a big deal about the soap and deodorant comments... i have a feeling its more about their lockers being stocked with this stuff, than it is about players not wanting to buy their own personal hygiene products.. im sure players have their own soap and deodorant at home, and some owners would rather have their players know that when they are at work they dont have to worry about these miniscule things, since their players workout all day and take showers after. its a luxury of being a first-class athlete and being a key part of an organization that rakes in billions of dollars.. if i was a player the organization that offered these player-friendly quirks would seem more appealing, especially if that organization fields a better team..
Old 07-15-2012   #24
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& why does a multimillionaire need to bring gatorade home?
Cause if its free I'll take two. Multimillionaire or not
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Cause if its free I'll take two. Multimillionaire or not
Nothings free.
Old 07-15-2012   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well... you know, he has experience with two teams...

What I thought odd was:

Mr. McNair will probably getting a visit from the IRS in the near future.

& why does a multimillionaire need to bring gatorade home?
You're focussing in and on the wrong things. These athletes make millions for companies like gatorade... The NFL does so too.

JJo just grabbed a simple thing to make a point. It's too bad simpleton's used his example as something to attack. Pathetic, really!!

See his point, NOT his example.
Old 07-15-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
JJo just grabbed a simple thing to make a point. It's too bad simpleton's used his example as something to attack. Pathetic, really!!
when you want to make a word plural, simply adding an 's' will usually suffice.

the apostrophe indicates possesion. In this case, you are saying "used his example" belongs to a simpleton. The statement doesn't make sense, because "used his example" isn't an object or trait to be owned.

Do I really need to define pathetic for you, or do you get my point.... not my example.
Old 07-15-2012   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Like that wasn't perfectly clear before he made his comments.
Can't be repeated too many times.
Old 07-15-2012   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

the apostrophe indicates possesion. In this case, you are saying "used his example" belongs to a simpleton. The statement doesn't make sense, because "used his example" isn't an object or trait to be owned.

Do I really need to define pathetic for you, or do you get my point.... not my example.
Old 07-15-2012   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Or...his device might have added an apostrophe and he didn't catch it before hitting the submit button.

Submit button. That thing that some people hit too early when they should have simply slowed down to examine all the angles first.
Old 07-16-2012   #31
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, reading this thread has really been something. I think it's safe to say, with seven days to go until rookies report, that we have reached the bottom of the offseason.

Riveting stuff all of it...

Especially discussions such as:

The IRS and Mr. McNair
What the motivation is for J Jo to take home gatorade versus soap...
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #32
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

and yet when some of our X players leaves or gets traded they say bad things about the texans ...????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #33
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82854 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothings free.
Quote:

Thanks for the Monday morning amusement, TK.

I'm usually not a big fan of seeing grammar and spelling corrected on a forum, because it just feels kind of petty, and unnecessary to me in most cases. But to each his own, no big deal.

On the other hand, I do get a kick out of seeing you correct Bill for apostrophe usage, literally two posts after you omitted an apostrophe yourself.

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Thanks for the Monday morning amusement, TK.

I'm usually not a big fan of seeing grammar and spelling corrected on a forum, because it just feels kind of petty, and unnecessary to me in most cases. But to each his own, no big deal.

On the other hand, I do get a kick out of seeing you correct Bill for apostrophe usage, literally two posts after you omitted an apostrophe yourself.

Good catch.

I'm glad to see all you guys jump on the grammar police, but don't have a problem when a fellow board member calls another a simpleton.

personal attacks ok.

punctuation correction...... not so much.

I'll remember that in the future.
Old 07-16-2012   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230377 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothings free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post

Classic.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good catch.

I'm glad to see all you guys jump on the grammar police, but don't have a problem when a fellow board member calls another a simpleton.

personal attacks ok.

You attempted to call him a simpleton back by attacking his apostrophe usage.

You oughtta' know that the ref throws the flag on the guy who retaliates.
Old 07-16-2012   #37
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82854 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good catch.

personal attacks ok.

Another possibility is that I (we) didn't pick up on the personal attack angle from his post.

Nothing in your post indicated that you we responding to a personal attack, and giving you a hard time doesn't necessarily indicate that I condone them.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #38
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #39
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 07-16-2012   #40
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Joseph is a classy young man with soild family background nothing here, trying to make something from nothing. God I really hate the off-season. How many weeks before training camp?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read