Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2005   #41
Negative Jesus
Rookie

Definately the Jags . The Titans are my most hated team , but the Jags games have more of a rivalry feel to them .

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #42
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

My List is Dallas....they are like the cousin you hate but nobody outside the family can talk bad about.

Then Titans....nothing worse than betrayal.

Jags....that's always a dogfight.

Colts....not really a rivalry when only one side wins. I dont care what the BOS_NYY folks say. That was just a annual slaughter until last year.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #43
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think the Jags are first, but we usually easily win, and then the Titans because they are a good matchup. Then the Colts, but once we can compete with them (hopefully this year) they will go to #1.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #44
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I wouldn't call the Titans a real rival. As much as we hate Bud Adams, as soon as he's gone I will probably cheer for the Titans again (but at the same time to always be worse than the Texans).

Jags the last few games have been in strange circumstances so there have been some lopsided games. Next season should determine how that develops.

I think enough has been said about the Colts...

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #45
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
My List is Dallas....they are like the cousin you hate but nobody outside the family can talk bad about.

Then Titans....nothing worse than betrayal.

Jags....that's always a dogfight.

Colts....not really a rivalry when only one side wins. I dont care what the BOS_NYY folks say. That was just a annual slaughter until last year.
That's why I don't consider the Jags much of a rival (your Colts comment). I just consider them a team we own. Dallas? I don't understand the mass-hatred myself. There is nothing more I would love to see than a Dallas - Houston Super Bowl where both Texas teams are the best in the NFL. I probably keep up with the Cowboys as much as any team in the NFL other than us. They are the NFC team I like to follow.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005   #46
bigtex77
Veteran

After some thinking and reading, I'll admit that Dallas is not our biggest rival, I would have to say that I'ts either Jacksonville or Tennessee. Vinny, alot of the mass hatred can be explained in my earlier post on this thread. (Post #30)
Old 05-23-2005   #47
bigtex77
Veteran

After some thinking and reading, I'll admit that Dallas is not our biggest rival, I would have to say that I'ts either Jacksonville or Tennessee. Vinny, alot of the mass hatred can be explained in my earlier post on this thread. (Post #30)
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2005   #48
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Can't be Jax or Indy cus both match-ups are favoring one team. Dallas is a good in-state face-off but we only play them what 3 times every 10 years or something? I consider Titans to be our biggest rival, just because of what they did to Houston in the past, Its like old Houston vs. New Houston, and the Texans-Titans have really had some nice show-offs against each other.
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #49
Texan Dave
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedTexan713
man it is the titans. First we hate them because they are our rivals and plus they took oilers away from us
This is a bad thing?? ANY price was worth running Bud Adams out of town.
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005   #50
TexansR#1
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexansR#1 Send a message via Yahoo to TexansR#1
Default Jaguars or Titans?

Who do yall consider more of a rival for us? jaguars or Titans becuase I enjoy watching us whoop both of them twice a year!
TexansR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #51
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I have no dog in this Oiler/Titan fight, I will comment as an outsider.

I don't think that the ex-Oiler fans hate the Titans, they just hate Bud. There are no reasons put forth so far to show that it was the team and not the owner that is despised by Houston sports fans. That said, the Titans can't be our top rival. Colts? We need much improvement first.

The Jags have pissed us off (clothesline and then some) and then their fans...oh, the Jaguar fanbase...
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005   #52
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch
I like the Jags sweeping the division this year, or at least getting back to our 7-1 division standings that made us one of the most winningest franchises in History.
I like the jags sweeping too....... ......sweeping up the empty beer bottles we leave in the parking lots cuz we keep beating ya'll down and feel the need to party til the "breaka breaka dawn" . And another thing, having the SuperBowl played over in "jaxDUMville" was just like having it here since we own that stadium. I'm telling ya what, if ya'll don't at least win one of the two I'm foreclosing the stadium, putting a lein on it, or changing the name to "The Bull Pasture" cuz it's home to a bunch crap. Man I'm pumped up. By the time ya'll read this I will have already gone on the jags boards to do some trash talking. Ya'll be ready and back me up.
Old 06-15-2005   #53
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
I like the jags sweeping too....... ......sweeping up the empty beer bottles we leave in the parking lots cuz we keep beating ya'll down and feel the need to party til the "breaka breaka dawn" . And another thing, having the SuperBowl played over in "jaxDUMville" was just like having it here since we own that stadium. I'm telling ya what, if ya'll don't at least win one of the two I'm foreclosing the stadium, putting a lein on it, or changing the name to "The Bull Pasture" cuz it's home to a bunch crap. Man I'm pumped up. By the time ya'll read this I will have already gone on the jags boards to do some trash talking. Ya'll be ready and back me up.
Backup? No Texan fan needs backup, especially at the litterbox. :cat:
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #54
titan hater
Veteran

That SOB Bud broke my heart a few years ago...Hence my screen name. That Fat B******deserved to loss in the SB by a couple of yards.

I gotta go with the Hillbillie Oilers and then the Jags. Jags make my list cause all five of thier fans are as fat as Byron. Have they not heard of Atkins yet?
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #55
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
That SOB Bud broke my heart a few years ago...Hence my screen name. That Fat B******deserved to loss in the SB by a couple of yards.

I gotta go with the Hillbillie Oilers and then the Jags. Jags make my list cause all five of thier fans are as fat as Byron. Have they not heard of Atkins yet?
How can you say that about Jags fans, when Houston is one of the fattest cities in the US...
Old 06-16-2005   #56
titan hater
Veteran

point taken...of course I,ve gained a lot due to the adult beverages i drank in Celebration after watching Jag fan grip after we put the horns to em last year.....
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #57
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Backup? No Texan fan needs backup, especially at the litterbox. :cat:
"The Litterbox" I like that. I've not heard that B-4.
Old 06-16-2005   #58
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
If none of us can name a rival instantly, then we do not have one.

Give it about 5 more years.
Game ... set ... match.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005   #59
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Titans...

Besides, how can you explain that the "team stealing" owner trying to link themselves to T-E-X-A-S after sneaking out of here and then having the audacity to include 4 of the letters ("T" counted twice in Titans) in our state name?

You got to hate the Titans.. it's a State Law, right?
Old 06-16-2005   #60
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo, the Marble Eye
Titans...

Besides, how can you explain that the "team stealing" owner trying to link themselves to T-E-X-A-S after sneaking out of here and then having the audacity to include 4 of the letters ("T" counted twice in Titans) in our state name?

You got to hate the Titans.. it's a State Law, right?
Yea, the other day I got pulled over and when one of Houstons' Finest approached he overheard my radio of Dan Patrick interviewing Jeff Fisher. He made me get out of my truck and do a feild titan h8r test.
He made me:
1. He made me sing "It's Football Time in Houston"
2. He made me name all the studs of the team (yes TexansNeedaRBin05, I said DD was one of them.
3. He made me tell him the score of the cowgirl game ( 19 us 10 them)

He let me off with a warning but said if he catches me doing that again he's gonna lock me up for the max.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read