Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2005   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans biggest rival?

Who do the Texan fan's consider their biggest rival: Titans, Colts, Dallas, or the Jags?
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Bro, you basically named them all. On a personal level I would've included the Steelers but that is because of my days as an old Oiler fan.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now I would say the Jags and Titans.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

We have to beat the Colts a couple of times for us to have a rivalry with them.

Cowboys we only face in a reg. season game once every 4 years so that's not as big as a rivarly as you'd think.

I'd call it a draw between the Titans and Jags.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have to pick a team we don't own. I'd say the Colts this year. We only play Dallas a couple of times a decade so I don't consider them a rival.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

If you judge a rival based upon how excited the fans get when we play the team and how bad we want to win, I think it goes:

1.Dallas
2.Jacksonville
3.Tennessee
4.Indy

Many will say Indianapolis. I think that's only because they've dominated us. As far as how the core Texan fans feel about these rivals in general, I don't think the Colts compare to the top 3.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Rivalries come out of games in the playoffs or games to determine division winners/playoff seeding....so it's early to pick one. We have yet to play a game of consequence where both teams have something to lose. That's why I picked the Colts.

Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Rivalries come out of games in the playoffs or games to determine division winners/playoff seeding....so it's early to pick one...
I pretty much agree with that. As an ex-Oiler fan, I'll always hate the cowgirls & stealers. But the games with the most intensity thus far have been the Jags games. It's only a matter of time before those games will determine playoff status. Maybe even this season...
Old 05-21-2005   #9
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

All of them!!

Depends on if its personal, or if your taking about the team in general.

On a personal basis, I DESPISE the Titans and the girls! But, I really feel the team looks at the Jags as their biggest rival. Like Vinny said, that might change when/if we ever beat the Colts.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
As an ex-Oiler fan, I'll always hate the cowgirls & stealers. But the games with the most intensity thus far have been the Jags games. It's only a matter of time before those games will determine playoff status. Maybe even this season...
I can agree with that, but I dislike the Jags team character and the Colts are the team to beat in this division.

I agree with Sandy also...beat them all.

Old 05-21-2005   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Rivalries come out of games in the playoffs or games to determine division winners/playoff seeding....so it's early to pick one. We have yet to play a game of consequence where both teams have something to lose. That's why I picked the Colts.

Well, that too. However, there is a rivalry with Dallas for reasons any Oiler fan from Texas would understand. We have a rivalry with Tennessee because the owner abandoned the city. We have a rivalry with Jacksonville because of conflicts on the field and their head coach (ex-Cowboy)... So, while I generally agree with what Vinny is saying, I rank Dallas and Tennesse #1 and #2 because these rivalries don't depend on circumstance and will endure even when one or both teams aren't competitive.

And, our first game of consequence was last year. We beat Jacksonville at home in week #8 to essentially vault into a 3 way tie with the Colt and Jags.
Then, the Jags had a game of consequence in week #16 against us and we shut them out!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #12
Jwwillis
All Pro

Jags hands down. There is bad blood between the Texans and Jags. The Jags have taken some pretty cheap shots over the last 2 years. They are also obnoxious and disrespectfull. Titans #2. McNair and Co. are 1st class even though the owner is a shmuck. The Colts don't even know the Texans exist, so kind of a one sided rivalry. We don't play Dallas enough for that rivalry to be significant. Steelers are the old Oilers rivals not the Texans, although I will never get tired of watching them get beat. Jags and Texans play each other with a lot of emotion and it is always a brutal smashmouthed game.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #13
briptexanfan
Rookie

Default Titans biggest rival

[quote=Jagsbch]Who do the Texan fan's consider their biggest rival: Titans, Colts, Dallas, or the Jags

I went to a texan-titans game and they anounced the next day it was the loudest the crowd ever was for our brief history. i guess they have some sound meter but that should tell you something. we lost at the last few seconds of that game but it was great.
briptexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #14
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO it's got to be Tennessee. Just because of the Bud Adams factor.
Old 05-21-2005   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
If you judge a rival based upon how excited the fans get when we play the team and how bad we want to win, I think it goes:

1.Dallas
2.Jacksonville
3.Tennessee
4.Indy

Many will say Indianapolis. I think that's only because they've dominated us. As far as how the core Texan fans feel about these rivals in general, I don't think the Colts compare to the top 3.

id have to say it goes

1. Dallas (texas team)
2. Colts (never beat them)
3. Titans (we all hate bud)
4. Jags (Who are the jags to anyone)
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #16
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

If none of us can name a rival instantly, then we do not have one.

Give it about 5 more years.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #17
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

1. Dallas Cowboys because they are from Dallas cities rivals
2. Tennesee Titans those traders
3. Colts best teams should have the best games
4. jacksonville we beat them anyways
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #18
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Jacksonville seems the most annoying, so they always come to my mind first ..lol
..OH! .. I see our old BIGGEST RIVAL thread, from way back when, at TT is still alive ..
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #19
bigtex77
Veteran

Are you guys forgetting where you are from? I don't care if we only play Dallas once a century, they are our biggest rival. If you don't feel this way ask a Cowgirl fan who they played opening night in '02, he'll probably swing on you!! Even the NFL was smart enough to know that our first game should be against them. Sure, we have a rivalry with the Titans, Jags and Colts (eventually), but I think our natural rival is Dallas, they hate us and we hate them. Maybe it's just me I am a true Cowgirl hater. (See Quote)
Old 05-21-2005   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
Are you guys forgetting where you are from? I don't care if we only play Dallas once a century, they are our biggest rival.
If you're so enamored with the Cowboys franchise, go join their fan club.
If its so important to you to beat them, join the Giants, Eagles, or Skins fanclub. Otherwise, remember we do only play them once ever 4 or 5 years and we play our real rivals twice every year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read