Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-04-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Play-off QBs

Found this article ranking the play off QBs. I'd like to here your thoughts.

Quote:
Matt Schaub, Houston Texans

Another guy going for his first playoff win (T.J. Yates was under center for the Texans during last season's wild-card victory over the Cincinnati Bengals), Schaub is a very smart player who makes good decisions. However, he struggled to close out the regular season; we'll have to see if he can turn it up a notch mentally in the playoffs, when it's absolutely crucial to do so.
Old 01-04-2013   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Play-off QBs

Just curious, but why didn't you at least include his ranking?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just curious, but why didn't you at least include his ranking?
No reason in particular.
Old 01-04-2013   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ty.html&page=2

Quote:
1) A special QB: So what is “special”? Special means that the QB can make plays that other QB’s can’t. They can win games on their own. They are like an extra coach on the field. You want the ball in their hands on the final series of a game when your team is behind. They possess traits that can’t be coached. They help to build chemistry in the locker room. They are uniquely durable. Peyton Manning is the model for “special” because he possesses multiple traits. Brady, Eli, Brees, Roethlisberger, and Rodgers are all special. It looks like Luck, RGIII, Keapernick, and Wilson have a chance to develop into special breeds as well. A special QB can hide a lot of a team’s deficiencies in other areas. A special QB makes his line better by getting rid of the football. He makes his receivers better by giving them chances to make plays. He takes pressure off the coaches by making the right adjustments at the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately, there most likely will never be 32 of them. Sure you can still win an occasional super bowl with a good QB but just take stock in the last 25 super bowl winners, as the vast majority were won by “special QB’s”.

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
When I got to "smart player who makes good decisions" I realized the article must have been an attempt at humor.
you don't put up the numbers he has over his career here & not be a good decision maker. Don't see how you can even dispute that.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #6
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
you don't put up the numbers he has over his career here & not be a good decision maker. Don't see how you can even dispute that.
its pretty disputable. Dont see how you cant dispute that.

Brett Farve and Tony Romo have spectacular numbers but their decision making is very shaky.

Schaub has a propensity of making shaky decisions in big time games and crucial situations.

Game ending INTs vs the Ravens and RAiders. His choke job vs Indy just to name a few off the top of my head. Anybody who says Matt Schaub is a great decision maker and they are not from local media comes off as some superficial analysis without any real knowledge whatsoever about the team he's analyzing.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Writer has Flacco > Matt Ryan? He lost me on that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2013   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Writer has Flacco > Matt Ryan? He lost me on that.
Flacco was a drop away from the SB last year.

Ryan has never won a play-off game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #9
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

people on this board make fun of flacco but i would take that guy any day over schaub.. outplayed brady and was dropped pass away from the super bowl..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIH-GrnnPVM
Old 01-04-2013   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
people on this board make fun of flacco but i would take that guy any day over schaub.. outplayed brady and was dropped pass away from the super bowl..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIH-GrnnPVM
I think most people don't buy into the "system" aspect of our offense, or how QB friendly it is. I'm not saying I agree with you on Flacco, or that you can put any QB here & it will work. But I think our system will make any QB look better than they do without our system.
Old 01-04-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Flacco was a drop away from the SB last year.

Ryan has never won a play-off game.
You're right, I'm off on my impression vs. the numbers.

But still, I'd rather Matty Ice than Joe.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Manning ahead of Brady? Haha. Peyton is the Lebron James of football, king of the regular season, but falls apart in the playoffs. Only 1 championship to show for all his accolades.
Old 01-04-2013   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
its pretty disputable. Dont see how you cant dispute that.

Brett Farve and Tony Romo have spectacular numbers but their decision making is very shaky.

Schaub has a propensity of making shaky decisions in big time games and crucial situations.

Game ending INTs vs the Ravens and RAiders. His choke job vs Indy just to name a few off the top of my head. Anybody who says Matt Schaub is a great decision maker and they are not from local media comes off as some superficial analysis without any real knowledge whatsoever about the team he's analyzing.
Lol, at using 2 of the most TO prone qb's ever and & a whole 3 games to back up your claim...& to make you look sillier, the games don't even back up your claim for good decision making.

yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense...I could just as easily cite the 2010 washington game, the jags & det games from this year & that same Ravens games to back up my claim by your criterion.

yeah, i see where this is going...i'm out
Old 01-04-2013   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a big fan of Flacco. Anybody that can play that well after shooting up some kind of narcotic before every game is....impressive, in a very strange way.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Its called intelligence .... Matts numbers are the result of his receivers adjusting to his mistakes and making him look good. Matt Schaub isn't even a top 20 QB. He makes not bad ... not questionable ... but HORRIBLE decisions game in and game out.
Lol at this nonsense....You guys.......
Old 01-04-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Manning ahead of Brady? Haha. Peyton is the Lebron James of football, king of the regular season, but falls apart in the playoffs. Only 1 championship to show for all his accolades.
It's a team game.

As far as winning & winning championships go, it's a team game.

I have no problem saying Warren Moon & Dan Marino are among the best QBs I had ever seen even though they haven't won any championships.

At the same time, there's no question, in my mind, that Peyton is the better QB than Brady.
Old 01-04-2013   #17
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It's a team game.

As far as winning & winning championships go, it's a team game.

I have no problem saying Warren Moon & Dan Marino are among the best QBs I had ever seen even though they haven't won any championships.

At the same time, there's no question, in my mind, that Peyton is the better QB than Brady.
Agree with you completely Fiddler. Wow! I just said that.

If we can prove anything it is that the Colts without a QB of Peyton or Luck's caliber are a lottery team and the Patriots went seamlessly from Bledsoe to Brady.
Old 01-04-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Earl, I was "glancing" through the road to the SB since 1990; the notion of the more "elite" winning is a stretch.

Don't think I have time to go into the details though.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #19
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, at using 2 of the most TO prone qb's ever and & a whole 3 games to back up your claim...& to make you look sillier, the games don't even back up your claim for good decision making.

yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense...I could just as easily cite the 2010 washington game, the jags & det games from this year & that same Ravens games to back up my claim by your criterion.

yeah, i see where this is going...i'm out
its better than your blatantly incorrect ultimatum that it shouldnt even be disputed that schaub is a good decision maker.

it most certainly is very disputable.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #20
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
its better than your blatantly incorrect ultimatum that it shouldnt even be disputed that schaub is a good decision maker.

it most certainly is very disputable.
Why create an alias to talk bollocks? Just log in with your normal username and maybe it would lend more credence...
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read