Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-12-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sources: Schaub given green light for camp!

The Houston Texans long have expected quarterback Matt Schaub to be ready for the start of camp. This week, they got confirmation of Schaub's recovery from a Lisfranc injury when he visited Dr. Robert Anderson in North Carolina and got a green light, a team source told ESPN.com.

Schaub suffered the midfoot injury on Nov. 13 on a quarterback sneak coming out of the end zone during Houston's 37-9 win over Tampa Bay. Schaub stayed in the game, but threw only three passes.

Schaub had surgery and missed the rest of the season.

Despite losing him, Houston won the AFC South behind backup T.J. Yates and beat Cincinnati in a home playoff game before losing in Baltimore.

Schaub, who sat out minicamp, is in a contract year and is due a salary of $7.15 million this season.

Schaub's durability was questioned after he missed games in the 2007 and '08 seasons with various injuries. But the quarterback started all 16 games for Houston in 2009 and 2010.

Link to Kuharsky story HERE.
Old 07-12-2012   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sources: Schaub given green light for camp!

That's good news.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hey GP, would it be possible for you to click on the quote button before you paste the copied news story?
Old 07-12-2012   #4
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1965 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait for this season! I've been spending the entire off season getting myself back into football (watching) shape [as I tend to gain a little weight during the season].
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

remember when a lot of y'all were expecting him to go straight to the PUP?

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Hey GP, would it be possible for you to click on the quote button before you paste the copied news story?
On big news items, I don't quote it.

Because when people hover over the thread title...a preview pane shows the first few lines of story. If I put it into quotes, the preview pane displays nothing but a quote script that shows no info.

In the NSZ, axman does it the way I did this story, it helps people see a glimpse of what's in the thread.

I don't do it like this often. It's not a big deal. It's obviously not me, and I attributed Kuharsky AND linked to his story. Problem?
Old 07-13-2012   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Good News about Matt !
Won't be long now, doesn't TC start in 2 weeks ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2012   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news.

We need a healthy Schaub all year long.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
remember when a lot of y'all were expecting him to go straight to the PUP?

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it
Well, at least we know who to blame now if something bad happens. LOL

Yeah, I was one of the negative ninnies on this, and while I do hope Schaub comes back 100% and leads us to the promised land, I'll remain skeptical until I see him play a few pre-season games. Hopefully all is good and my negatism is unwarranted.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yeah, I was one of the negative ninnies on this...
I don't think anyone was being negative. We were going on the only information we had at the time, which wasn't much. CnD gave us a worse/best case scenario & even moderate expectations would have put him 2 to 3 weeks into the pre-season before he could take a snap.
Old 07-13-2012   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

It's good news but only if Haynsworth doesn't magically show up against Schaub, he is like Matt's kryptonite.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

this is good with all the new wrs.
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

The issue of Matt Schaub is so frustrating.

He is, by all accounts, a reliable passer. He sells the play fake as good as anybody in the game today. An up-front leader all the way, too. Vocal when he needs to be, meek when he needs to be, consistently focused all of the time.

But the lack of mobility...it's approaching that same sort of day when Bledsoe went down when Bledsoe was with the Patriots. Bledsoe was the same sort of guy: Accurate passer, big and tall, I think everything positive I had to say about Schaub applied to Bledsoe too.

But in the end, the mobility issue is going to matter most. It's not his fault *******s fall on him and put him out of action, but yet it's happened and it is what it is. Nothing can change the injury bug that's bitten him.

As much as I think Case or TJ is the future, I'm still sentimental enough to root for Matt Schaub. I've been known to be cranky about the guy on here. I've been hard on him, as a fan, and yet I also deep down in my soul want the guy to come back and shove a big figurative middle finger into the face of Albert Haynesworth.

And if we play Haynesworth this year, I want our guys to dog Haynesworth the whole game. I want Norris putting a helmet in his fat gut, ramming speed. I want cut blocks on him every other play. I want an eye gouged, accidentally of course, and I want him sucking air by the 2nd quarter. And then, I want the Texans to REALLY dial up the payback from that point forward. I want him hobbling off the field and waving in his replacement, and I want it shown on all the major media outlets that night: "Haynesworth willingly leaves field, waves in his replacement. The Texans made him quit."

EDIT: Fat Albert is a free agent. Rumors back in May of this year pegged him as maybe being a fit with Fisher in St. Louis. We don't face the Rams this year, though. I hope he lands on a team we play this year.
Old 07-13-2012   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The issue of Matt Schaub is so frustrating.

He is, by all accounts, a reliable passer. He sells the play fake as good as anybody in the game today. An up-front leader all the way, too. Vocal when he needs to be, meek when he needs to be, consistently focused all of the time.

But the lack of mobility...it's approaching that same sort of day when Bledsoe went down when Bledsoe was with the Patriots. Bledsoe was the same sort of guy: Accurate passer, big and tall, I think everything positive I had to say about Schaub applied to Bledsoe too.

But in the end, the mobility issue is going to matter most. It's not his fault *******s fall on him and put him out of action, but yet it's happened and it is what it is. Nothing can change the injury bug that's bitten him.

As much as I think Case or TJ is the future, I'm still sentimental enough to root for Matt Schaub. I've been known to be cranky about the guy on here. I've been hard on him, as a fan, and yet I also deep down in my soul want the guy to come back and shove a big figurative middle finger into the face of Albert Haynesworth.

And if we play Haynesworth this year, I want our guys to dog Haynesworth the whole game. I want Norris putting a helmet in his fat gut, ramming speed. I want cut blocks on him every other play. I want an eye gouged, accidentally of course, and I want him sucking air by the 2nd quarter. And then, I want the Texans to REALLY dial up the payback from that point forward. I want him hobbling off the field and waving in his replacement, and I want it shown on all the major media outlets that night: "Haynesworth willingly leaves field, waves in his replacement. The Texans made him quit."

EDIT: Fat Albert is a free agent. Rumors back in May of this year pegged him as maybe being a fit with Fisher in St. Louis. We don't face the Rams this year, though. I hope he lands on a team we play this year.
i hear you. i think this being a contract year will benefit all and the texans will have to put alot of cash in front of him to keep him or move on with yates. i dont care for him but do root for him on sundays
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #15
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Personally, I've been of the opinion for a while now that Rick Smith needs to lock up Haynesworth right now with a decent contract, then IR him every year... keep him away from the facility etc...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Personally, I've been of the opinion for a while now that Rick Smith needs to lock up Haynesworth right now with a decent contract, then IR him every year... keep him away from the facility etc...
For conversation's sake, it's fun to toy with such an idea.

LOL, but the thought of the Texans paying Fat Albert a single penny would ignite such ire from Texans players and fans...it'd cause a riot. A real riot.

I prefer meeting him on the field of play and physically wringing every ounce of motivation to continue from his body for four quarters.
Old 07-13-2012   #17
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I prefer meeting him on the field of play and physically wringing every ounce of motivation to continue from his body for four quarters.
Now that you put it like that... but two quarters... hire Gregg Williams as a consultant and do a NOLA-style cart-off...

EDIT: Bad Idea! Gregg Williams bounty system really didn't lead to any cart-offs...bad job on his part...didn't battle hard enough...on him

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

speaking of Haynesworth we should sign him to the lowest contract then either IR him or heck maybe play him has a down player and see what he has left LOL ......dont hate :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #19
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news!

1. I am a Texan fan first and foremost and do agree a "healthy" Matt is our best option this year, because it is his contract year and he will perform better than he ever has.

2. Matt is my starter for my fantasy league.

If Matt does great and we get to the conference finals or win it all I am fine with giving him a couple more years at a decent rate, but Yates is our future as the roster stands now. Best case scenario is that Yates learns from Matt, Matt wins it all and gets his ring, then in an unprecedented move the Texans let him got to FA and we have Yates win it again next year for us at a reduced rate, and then lock him up for the future. The saved salary would allow us to sign those we need to and keep adding, and we would have a young QB for the future, and not take a chance on Matt getting injured again.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Haynesworth is a freakin bum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFzp3uHua40

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read