Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-12-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans announce 2012 home game themes

Quote:
HOUSTON – The Houston Texans have announced the themes for each home game in 2012. The schedule is highlighted by Battle Red Day presented by Halliburton on Sunday, Oct. 21 when the Texans take on the Baltimore Ravens.

The Texans will once again don their all-white uniforms to open the regular season for Liberty White Out against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday, Sept. 9. Other popular game themes include Salute to Service presented by Bud Light on Sunday, Nov. 4 against the Buffalo Bills and Hispanic Heritage Day presented by XFINITY against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, Sept. 30.

Fan Appreciation Day presented by FOX Sports Southwest will take place in the final regular season home game on Sunday, Dec. 23 against the Minnesota Vikings.

Date Opponent Time (CT) Theme

Sat., Aug. 18 San Francisco 49ers 7 p.m. State of Football presented by Verizon

Thu., Aug. 30 Minnesota Vikings 6 p.m. Texans Care presented by FS Southwest

Sun., Sept. 9 Miami Dolphins Noon Liberty White Out

Sun., Sept. 30 Tennessee Titans Noon Hispanic Heritage Day presented by XFINITY

Sun., Oct. 14 Green Bay Packers 7:20 p.m. Pink Ribbon Day presented by Kroger

Sun., Oct. 21 Baltimore Ravens Noon Battle Red Day presented by Halliburton

Sun., Nov. 4 Buffalo Bills Noon Salute to Service presented by Bud Light

Sun., Nov. 18 Jacksonville Jaguars Noon Deep Steel Sunday

Sun., Dec. 16 Indianapolis Colts Noon Home for the Holidays

Sun., Dec. 23 Minnesota Vikings Noon Fan Appreciation Day presented by FS Southwest
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...c-3ea341e7ed16
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans announce 2012 home game themes

I can hardly wait for Hispanic Heritage Day!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

No opening day liberty white, I see. I like that scheme, it reminds me of old school football.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #4
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
No opening day liberty white, I see. I like that scheme, it reminds me of old school football.
It's there. It's the Regular Season Home Opener on September 9th
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #5
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah but they need white helmets those would be sweet.
Old 07-12-2012   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
It's there. It's the Regular Season Home Opener on September 9th
Oh damn you're right. I didn't even notice some where preseason games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
yeah but they need white helmets those would be sweet.
Yes, that would be kick ass.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012   #7
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh damn you're right. I didn't even notice some where preseason games.

Yes, that would be kick ass.
Those would look fugly...

Want all white cleats and gloves too? Way too much white...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2012   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Those would look fugly...

Want all white cleats and gloves too? Way too much white...
Racist.....
Old 07-13-2012   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a shame I will miss being there for the Salute to Service game. I would rather go to the Jags game on my birthday instead though.
Old 07-13-2012   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I can hardly wait for Hispanic Heritage Day!
Last yr I got to experience the joy of the hipanic couple holding up signs advertising their (Woman) Car detail service, (Man) Paint and Body shop all game long.

In the 4th qter after asking them all game long to put the signs down, I finally had enough and spit beer on them. after being hauled off and talked to by an usher, (he told me to get him next time I had a problem) I finally got to watch the last 2 mins of the game in peace.

Yes, I think I will be skipping hispanic heritage day this yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #11
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Last yr I got to experience the joy of the hipanic couple holding up signs advertising their (Woman) Car detail service, (Man) Paint and Body shop all game long.

In the 4th qter after asking them all game long to put the signs down, I finally had enough and spit beer on them. after being hauled off and talked to by an usher, (he told me to get him next time I had a problem) I finally got to watch the last 2 mins of the game in peace.

I don't think you should openly admit to this. It kind of makes you a jerk.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #12
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Racist.....
Seriously...
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I'm O.K. with me and dont really care about others opinions of me.

BTW, they put the signs down and I finally got to watch the end of the game. Mission accomplised,

Long time fans in our section, although they thought I was crazy, still laugh about it today and were glad they got to watch the end of the game.

Sorry if you think I was being a jerk, I guess you would've had to been there before you passed judgement. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #14
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm O.K. with me and dont really care about others opinions of me.

BTW, they put the signs down and I finally got to watch the end of the game. Mission accomplised,

Long time fans in our section, although they thought I was crazy, still laugh about it today and were glad they got to watch the end of the game.

Sorry if you think I was being a jerk, I guess you would've had to been there before you passed judgement. LOL
I can for sure understand you getting upset about that, but is it a hispanic only issue (holding the signs) that's making you not want to attend on that one Sunday?

I've only been to four games, and have seen a few white folk get on my nerves with stuff like that...and I am white!

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

so its battle red aganist the Ravens agian aye

man last time we played the ravens at home it was the most epic game i ever scene came back from like 24 points to force OT

we have never beaten the ravens this IMO is one of the most important games of the season so far by this point
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Seriously...
It's called sarcasm, fam.
Old 07-13-2012   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously...
You even have a white guy in your signature and a white ass in your avatar. Stop being racist bro...

inb4 "black" is in your username
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #18
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Yes, like the people holding the signs up all game weren't. Sometimes, enough is enough.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #19
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So because you have a bad day on February 22nd, 2011 you are not going to do anything on February 22nd, 2012?

I don't understand this concept, or are you just saying you are racist and don't want to go to hispanic heritage day? (Not accusing you of being racist, just don't know what other reason you wouldn't attend one specific Texans "themed game).
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #20
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
So because you have a bad day on February 22nd, 2011 you are not going to do anything on February 22nd, 2012?

I don't understand this concept, or are you just saying you are racist and don't want to go to hispanic heritage day? (Not accusing you of being racist, just don't know what other reason you wouldn't attend one specific Texans "themed game).
I don't understand your reply. Are you just trying to be inflammatory? (Not accusing you of being inflammatory, just don't know why you'd imply someone is racist when he just stated that he preferred not to go to a themed game.)
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read