Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-06-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster going vegan.

Doesn't surprise me at all. He always tweets about eating healthy.
Old 07-06-2012   #22
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

It must be the off-season
Old 07-06-2012   #23
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #24
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

If anything, it might help. He had to work to shed some body fat a couple of years ago.

I actually like a lot of hippie food, and I'm very much not a hippie.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayum, this is making me hungry. I'm leaving the shop right now headed for Texas Roadhouse. I'm going to start with veggies, smothered in cheese, sour cream, (ug-oh) real bacon bits followed by a Porterhouse, medium. Ummm. GOTTA RUN!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #26
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
also, with ~2000 NFL players there are other vegan/vegetarians in the league.
As long as he performs well ~ especially at the end of games and late in the season, I could care less.

I would be curious to know who else is vegan in the league. See if they are any good.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
It must be the off-season
OH!! Do you think so Doctor??
Old 07-06-2012   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Dayum, this is making me hungry. I'm leaving the shop right now headed for Texas Roadhouse. I'm going to start with veggies, smothered in cheese, sour cream, (ug-oh) real bacon bits followed by a Porterhouse, medium. Ummm. GOTTA RUN!
For desert order the Ribeye Combo... Ribeye coupled (or would it be tripled?) with Ribs and Shrimp and 2 sides!!
Old 07-06-2012   #29
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for him, it is a harder diet to keep your body nourished but if done properly it has been proven over and over it is healthier for your body.

I am too addicted to meat/animal products to go Vegan but go Arian and make sure you do it right!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #30
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 27237 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Tony Horton of P90X fame has been vegan for years. There are many sources of protein and nutrients that are not animal in origin.
Yeh, but they sure don't taste near as good!!!

PETA:
People Eating Tasty Animals
Old 07-06-2012   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Yeh, but they sure don't taste near as good!!!

PETA:
People Eating Tasty Animals
Seconded and repped!!!

That said, I eat a lot healthier than I used to, but I'm not askeered to mix in a big-a$$ steak or a cheeseburger once in awhile.
Old 07-06-2012   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #33
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
viewing this through http://bacolicio.us/

arteries tightened a bit
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #34
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Just in from his twitter. Im not sure if this will hurt his performance.

Doc?
I believe a certain TT Dr. is a vegan. Investigating it myself.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I believe a certain TT Dr. is a vegan. Investigating it myself.
If you are talking about CnD he is no vegan.
Old 07-06-2012   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

WOnder what his mom thinks? If I remember correctly, TEXMEX MOM is a good cook. Maybe not beef though. I really enjoy her comments in TT.
Old 07-06-2012   #37
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe this is a topic of discussion.
Old 07-06-2012   #38
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

My old drummer's vegan. He used to be a powerlifter/bodybuilder. When he switched to Veganism, he lost some size and strength. He's still a big, strong guy but not as big or strong as he was or could have been if he'd stuck with meat.

It's a tough approach. You've got to really work to get everything you need. No milk, no honey, no processed flours or sugars -- you've got to get as many different sources of protein as you can during the day (although you don't have to go as far as the old Protein Combining theories used to say you do.)

Supplementing with creatine helps a lot for Vegans.

But... a hardcore Vegan shouldn't really be playing football because the football itself is made with leather, right? That's a no-no.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #39
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tony Gonzalez if mostly vegan (Yeah - I know, but that's kind of explained in the quote below). Even wrote a book about it.

Asked about what it was like to start, here's what he had to say:
Quote:
Going 100% vegan is hard…. What was the hardest/easiest thing for you once you went for it?

I’m one of those people, if I decide to do something, I do it, so it was pretty easy for me to get started. I felt so great, I had so much energy, I felt like my body went through almost a detox stage.

It was difficult from the standpoint of losing weight and losing strength. Football is my livelihood and maintaining weight is important, so that was pretty scary. Once I started to really educate myself about eating a more plant-based diet, but incorporating some clean meat into it – some wild fish, free-range chicken, grass-fed beef (I rarely eat beef, if at all) – I was able to get back that strength.
LINK

It would be interesting to know if Arian is doing it for health reasons, ethical reasons, or a combination of both.
Old 07-07-2012   #40
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I think that's wonderful. I've tried some vegan recipes, and while I've always gone back to meat, there's some good ones out there.

There are some chefs that aren't well known, and may be somewhat unconventional, but I tried this guy's vegan Pad Thai recipe and it came out well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeZli...re=context-cha

I haven't tried the following recipes, but I plan to in the future. I'm all about variety. You may laugh at his delivery, but the instructions are sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2my_diH6A&feature=plcp

Arian! Enjoy!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read