Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-02-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Off-Season Chatter

Not gonna lie, I am so excited for this next season. But of course, as everyone knows, we have to WAIT! I am at an all time high in boredom. Just waiting for Training Camp to start, so I can finally get some FOOTBALL!!!!!

In the meantime, let's chat. I want to know your favorite Texans game, and why? Should have some fun discussion and take our minds off the off season for a little while. Enjoy!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #2
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Off-Season Chatter

First time we beat the Manning Colts. It was Dec. 2006 with Carr at QB and Ron Dayne or <ahem> star RB.

And before someone yells the game didn't mean anything to Indy, they needed that win to claim a first round playoff bye. Even though they beat Miami the next week, they still had to play during Wild Card weekend.

Manning was so pissed he walked off (more like stormed off) the field without doing the customary, post-game hand shake. That was priceless.

Oh and the icing on the cake was that the year they finally won a Super Bowl. So we were the last team to beat the champs that year.

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
First time we beat the Manning Colts. It was Dec. 2006 with Carr at QB and Ron Dayne or <ahem> star RB.

And before someone yells the game didn't mean anything to Indy, they needed that win to claim a first round playoff bye. Even though they beat Miami the next week, they still had to play during Wild Card weekend.

Manning was so pissed he walked off (more like stormed off) the field without doing the customary, post-game hand shake. That was priceless.

Oh and the icing on the cake was that the year they finally won a Super Bowl. So we were the last team to beat the champs that year.

That was a good game. I remember having to listen to it on the radio here in Austin because VY was playing in our spot on TV. It was Christmas Eve also so it was even better....like a gift from Santa. When Kris Brown made that kick, I ran out into the street and down my neighborhood with my children running after me and I was screaming "Texans Win! Merry Christmas!!!"

But the 2nd time I had reason to run out into the street, TJ Yates took us 80 yards in two minutes to give us our first playoff birth. That was a great day during the hardest time in my life.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #4
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

On a side note NFLN is doing this cool thing once TC starts. It's called NFL AM and it starts at 6 eastern 5 here in Houston so obviously it was built for East Coast but I will record it and watch it in the evening.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Winning our first play-off game in decisive fashion: the pick-six by Watt, the will-not-be-denied run by Foster.

I also love it when we score on the first or second play like we did against the Buccs last year and like we did against the Seahawks a few years ago. I love the past two season openers where our running game dominated the Colts. The thrashing we gave the Titans this year, especially after such a slow start, is also a fun game to watch.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #6
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Winning our first play-off game in decisive fashion: the pick-six by Watt, the will-not-be-denied run by Foster.
I concur.

The asswhoopin we gave Dallas was nice (especially the photo that went around with G Walker yelling at Skeletor), but the first play-off win is my favorite.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep it goin guys

Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2012   #8
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

The prime time game against denver and the mario hula dance has always been one of my favorite games.
Old 07-04-2012   #9
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I know you said "game" but I am going to go off script and say "play". Remember when AJ took the rock to paydirt after having seemed to knock the heads off all 11 AZ Cardinals? Solid gold, baby. Solid.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #10
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I know you said "game" but I am going to go off script and say "play". Remember when AJ took the rock to paydirt after having seemed to knock the heads off all 11 AZ Cardinals? Solid gold, baby. Solid.
To this day, I still can't believe we lost that game.

Old 07-04-2012   #11
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Alright. I had to sit down and really think about mine. I have a ton of favorites. But my number one, has to be the one against the Dolphins in 2008! So much was riding on that game. That was the first season I really got into football. I'd been a fan my whole life, but that year was the first I began to understand the rules, and such and follow the whole league and how it would effect the Texans. Of my friends at the time, I was the only Texans fan too. Starting 0-4 was terrible. I was thinking, we have to win this game. That game, being able to go on a clutch drive, with Schaub actually running it in on the last play, was just awesome. I didn't care that we were 1-4, We finally had a win for the season. What made it sweeter is we were the first team that season that didn't let the "wildcat" offense kick our butt. It was so cool. What made it even better was the fact that the Cowboys lost to the Cardinals later that day. My friend was mad the entire day and kept saying "oh the texans suck. Their win percentage is .200. terrible" but I didn't care. The fact that we finished the season 8-8 after falling to 3-7 at one point, was a success. So all in all, that is why the dolphins game is my overall favorite.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read