Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-05-2012   #121
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub leading players-only throwing sessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Yeah, I guess I did on that one. Just sick of people asking me to proivide proof for my opinion ... it is an opinion.
Do you not have any logic or fact to your opinions, the way you present your opinions and then the adamant refusal to say why you have these opinions is perplexing. Basically any discussion we seem to have about differing opinions devolve into "no its not, yes it is" deals with everybody asking you why you think your opinions are grounded in reality. What we get met with from you is stark indignation about why you have to back up your opinion with something logical.
Old 07-05-2012   #122
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So, I give a link where Andre makes comments like this:
Your link was more like:
Quote:
Texans WR Andre Johnson says David Carr has become more of a leader.
But it was kinda hard to post a link that went directly to that statement. The second link has Chester Pitts, another player respected around here, saying:

Quote:
"He's the quarterback, so he's always been the leader and always will be the leader," said offensive guard Chester Pitts, also entering his fourth season. "But this year he really stepped up and showed that he really wants it and is taking it now."
Two respected players of our beloved team proclaiming David Carr as the leader.

I think it's more a case of, "what do you think they are going to say?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
...and your answer is that David Carr was a great leader?

well, not exactly.
Old 07-05-2012   #123
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Do you not have any logic or fact to your opinions, the way you present your opinions and then the adamant refusal to say why you have these opinions is perplexing. Basically any discussion we seem to have about differing opinions devolve into "no its not, yes it is" deals with everybody asking you why you think your opinions are grounded in reality. What we get met with from you is stark indignation about why you have to back up your opinion with something logical.
I dont have to "back my opinion up" with anything.

If you dont like my opinion ... move on ...
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #124
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont have to "back my opinion up" with anything.

If you dont like my opinion ... move on ...
You don't have to. You can ignore what multiple members of the MB have suggested to you. Just hope you're happy with your opinions being thought of as being pulled from your nether regions since you won't back them up in any fashion.

I don't know where people have gotten the idea saying "in my opinion" is some kind of golden parachute to saying whatever dumbass stuff they want.

Stick "in my opinion" in front of a stupid assertion and it is still a stupid assertion.
Old 07-05-2012   #125
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You don't have to. You can ignore what multiple members of the MB have suggested to you. Just hope you're happy with your opinions being thought of as being pulled from your nether regions since you won't back them up in any fashion.

I don't know where people have gotten the idea saying "in my opinion" is some kind of golden parachute to saying whatever dumbass stuff they want.

Stick "in my opinion" in front of a stupid assertion and it is still a stupid assertion.
Its funny, you attack people on a person to person level so much, I wonder if you still realize you are just flesh and bone.

I have my opinion, you have yours, neither are factual or set in stone.

After the season is over either I will admit I was wrong or watch you spin why you were but it doesnt count.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #126
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Its funny, you attack people on a person to person level so much, I wonder if you still realize you are just flesh and bone.

I have my opinion, you have yours, neither are factual or set in stone.

After the season is over either I will admit I was wrong or watch you spin why you were but it doesnt count.
huh? What is it... a season by season opinion of a career intangible?
Old 07-06-2012   #127
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

The trick to being a good leader is knowing people are motivated in different ways.

Some you have to criticize and some you have to praise. Some you have to yell at while others need a pat on the back.
Old 07-06-2012   #128
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub isn't a drunkard, druggie, narcissist, distraction, criminal, sociopath, or David Carr. That's good enough for me on the intangibles front.

The burden of being "the leader" (cue the "oooh"s and "ahhh"s) falls on Kubiak's shoulders and it's safe to say the jury is still out on that.
Old 07-06-2012   #129
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
IMO, that is not true.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #130
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Schaub isn't a drunkard, druggie, narcissist, distraction, criminal, sociopath, or David Carr. That's good enough for me on the intangibles front.

The burden of being "the leader" (cue the "oooh"s and "ahhh"s) falls on Kubiak's shoulders and it's safe to say the jury is still out on that.
This is what I used to say about Dom Capers when I defended David Carr, but it was just an opinion.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #131
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
This is what I used to say about Dom Capers when I defended David Carr, but it was just an opinion.
You would have been right if Capers had any say in keeping/replacing Carr. I can't blame Capers for his failure in coaching/motivating Carr, because it wasn't possible. Even Kubiak, who seems to loathe the idea of giving up on anybody, gave up on him after a season (granted, I always assumed that working with Carr was a condition for his hire; rather than something Kubiak was particularly interested in himself).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read