Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-03-2012   #101
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub leading players-only throwing sessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
This is a response typical of somebody who doesn't know what they are talking about.
Did mommy teach you that?
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012   #102
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post

Wow,do you just try to antagonize?
Old 07-03-2012   #103
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll take this to mean that the previous statements you have made about leadership and Brett Favre were baseless and you really can't back it up with even something as flimsy as an anecdote, much less something more concrete like a quote from a player on those teams.

Funny thing is, if you had said Peyton Manning instead I wouldn't even be riding you about this. Would've just slowly nodded my head in agreement, which is kinda why I think most of your posts are without merit on this subject.

Good day sir.
Old 07-04-2012   #104
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the end of the day for all my issues with Matt, I traded Romo for him in my fantasy league. I have AJ and Arian and OD, and think he will ring up good TD numbers, and I may get a double-dip or two.

In the end ...
You're in a Keeper league?

and they let you keep A.J. AND Foster AND O.D.?

...why you lucky sumb!+ch!!

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #105
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You're in a Keeper league?

and they let you keep A.J. AND Foster AND O.D.?

...why you lucky sumb!+ch!!

Yep, have Tate on the bench, Bullock kicking, and our Defense starting too.
Old 07-04-2012   #106
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Wow,do you just try to antagonize?
Yeah, I guess I did on that one. Just sick of people asking me to proivide proof for my opinion ... it is an opinion.
Old 07-04-2012   #107
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I did on that one. Just sick of people asking me to proivide proof for my opinion ... it is an opinion.
Then you should treat as such as well. Just my opinion.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-04-2012   #108
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I do. I spew my opinion as fact, because in my mind it is fact.

Not asking for followers.
Old 07-04-2012   #109
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps you should understand that others have opinions also, and while you may not agree, doesn't mean their wrong anymore than you are...
Old 07-04-2012   #110
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Perhaps you should understand that others have opinions also, and while you may not agree, doesn't mean their wrong anymore than you are...

Never said you were wrong. I respect all opinions.
Old 07-04-2012   #111
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Agree.
Old 07-04-2012   #112
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, have Tate on the bench, Bullock kicking, and our Defense starting too.
If I could stack my team, that's how I'd do it. And I'd start a healthy Schaub. I started drafting mostly Texans but the other guys caught onto what I was doing and started snagging them before I could get O.D. and our defense. Schaub was already gone...
...Foster went in the first round before my turn came up

Wait... if Tate's on your bench, who is your #2 RB?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #113
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If I could stack my team, that's how I'd do it. And I'd start a healthy Schaub. I started drafting mostly Texans but the other guys caught onto what I was doing and started snagging them before I could get O.D. and our defense. Schaub was already gone...
...Foster went in the first round before my turn came up

Wait... if Tate's on your bench, who is your #2 RB?
Took a flyer on Jamal Charles.

By all accounts he is healthy and should get the bulk of the carries.
Old 07-05-2012   #114
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

To all who question Schaub's leadership, how about if a player, "THE PLAYER" on this team disagrees with you?

Circa 2007 - yep, that's how long it took to impress AJ

Quote:
"Just from looking at the way he walks around the locker room and things like that, you can tell he's a leader," Johnson said. "That's something you want to have at the quarterback position."
Link

If his word isn't good enough for you then you need professional help. Get it before the season starts.
Old 07-05-2012   #115
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
To all who question Schaub's leadership, how about if a player, "THE PLAYER" on this team disagrees with you?

Circa 2007 - yep, that's how long it took to impress AJ

Link

If his word isn't good enough for you then you need professional help. Get it before the season starts.
& Here's another one.. Link that is.

And this one, not Andre speaking, but respected players none the less.
Old 07-05-2012   #116
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& Here's another one.. Link that is.

And this one, not Andre speaking, but respected players none the less.
So, I give a link where Andre makes comments like this:
Quote:
He said it was disappointing that Carr, who was the first pick in the 2002 draft, wasn't able to succeed in Houston and offered an opinion why. Johnson was the third overall pick in 2003.

"From my first year here, I think it was the way he was coached," Johnson said. "My first couple of years here he was pretty much just told where to throw the ball at, and a lot of people didn't know that. He was never really taught to go through reads and things like that. Once coach [Gary] Kubiak came in, that was his big thing, teaching him how to go through reads. So it was like he was starting all over again."
...and your answer is that David Carr was a great leader?

Old 07-05-2012   #117
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So, I give a link where Andre makes comments like this: ...and your answer is that David Carr was a great leader?

David Carr was killed by Chris Palmer. At some point I expect to read that Carr kills Palmer in a fit of rage.
Old 07-05-2012   #118
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Quote:
David Carr was killed by Chris Palmer. At some point I expect to read that Carr kills Palmer in a fit of rage.
Palmer definitely didn't do him any favors for certain. I doubt Carr would ever have been great, but I sure would've like to see what Kubiak could have done with him.
Old 07-05-2012   #119
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Palmer definitely didn't do him any favors for certain. I doubt Carr would ever have been great, but I sure would've like to see what Kubiak could have done with him.
Carr was/is a QB guru killer. He got Palmer then almost took Kubes down to. Poor work ethic with a diva mentality.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #120
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Carr was/is a QB guru killer. He got Palmer then almost took Kubes down to. Poor work ethic with a diva mentality.
BS ... Palmer is a joke.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read