Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-26-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some Offseason Love for TJ Yates

I made some pictures for our favorite back up. Enjoy! You have to follow the links cause the pictures came out too small when I saved them. Don't worry either. None of this is spam or anything like that. Just some good pictures. Once again, enjoy and post some feedback.

http://vertical.memegenerator.net/instance/40368
http://vertical.memegenerator.net/instance/40366
http://vertical.memegenerator.net/instance/40364
http://vertical.memegenerator.net/instance/40362
http://vertical.memegenerator.net/instance/40360
http://vertical.memegenerator.net/instance/40358

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some Offseason Love for TJ Yates

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #3
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol in all seriousness, my friends and I were joking about how TJ was possibly treated last season, so I made those just for fun. I know they aren't the BEST meme's but him and I thought they were funny, so we hope you guys think they are funny as well.

Old 06-26-2012   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub: I swear Coach, he didn't get that trick from me...

Kubiak: I know Matt... I know...
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #5
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Schaub: I swear Coach, he didn't get that trick from me...

Kubiak: I know Matt... I know... You taught him the one where you fall down, are injured, and miss most the season.
fify
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

had me laughing, great stuff lurvinator

TJ! SHUT UP!
Old 06-26-2012   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff! +Rep
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2012   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he was doing his impersonation of Tebow throwing the ball.
Old 06-26-2012   #9
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Thanks guys!

Old 06-26-2012   #10
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I repped you, but still...
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
And trust me, Trap knows gay.
Old 07-04-2012   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
fify
Old 07-04-2012   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
And trust me, Trap knows gay.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Ok, let's take our feelings for Schaub out of this.

From what you saw of TJ Yates in 2011, do you think Tj has what it takes to be an NFL QB, a starter?

I'm going on record as saying Yes, yes he has.

He's got the arm, he's got the athleticism, he's got the necessary toughness, he's got a good head on his shoulders.

I think the Texans are in a very good position at the QB position.
Old 07-04-2012   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

From what you saw of TJ Yates in 2011, do you think Tj has what it takes to be an NFL QB, a starter?

He's got the arm, he's got the athleticism, he's got the necessary toughness, he's got a good head on his shoulders.

Not yet.
Yes, he's got arm strength but I haven't seen the precision I'd like to see at the position. Arm strength needs to be accompanied by accuracy or it's kinda useless.
Yes, he's got the athletism (compared to Schaub anyway) but from what I've seen he hasn't developed sufficient pocket presense to know when to use it as effectively as he might.
Toughness...? Has he really been tested in that regard? The one time (Tenn. game) he was nicked up, Kubiak yanked him.
Yeah, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders but he still needs more experience in reading defenses, looking off defenders, and knowing when to use those legs to move the chains when his passing options aren't there.

Can he be a starter? The raw material is there. But I think he needs a season or two (a la Aaron Rodgers) with the clipboard learning the finer points of NFL QB-ing.

And I think he can get there. I just don't think he's there right now.
Old 07-04-2012   #16
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I don't know.

I keep hearing about this arm strength, but what I saw of his passes, especially in the playoffs, most of them were soft and floating.

He manages the game well, now let's see some pepper.
Old 07-04-2012   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And I think he can get there. I just don't think he's there right now.
But I thought that was the gist of the question. Not whether he's a good to great QB, yet, but whether he's got what it takes. To me, that means the potential and attributes to do it.

I think he's got all the tools to be a great QB in this league. Last year (and I imagine, this year), he doesn't have the experience or the knowledge. But he's got the arm strength, intelligence, accuracy, and athleticism to do it.

With a year or two with the clipboard, I expect him to be ready to go. If he were asked to be a starter right this moment, I think he'd do OK. He'd need his team to help him out against tough opponents. Good defenses like the Ravens and Steelers are still going to be able to confuse him into making mistakes with the ball.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But I thought that was the gist of the question. Not whether he's a good to great QB, yet, but whether he's got what it takes. To me, that means the potential and attributes to do it.

I think he's got all the tools to be a great QB in this league. Last year (and I imagine, this year), he doesn't have the experience or the knowledge. But he's got the arm strength, intelligence, accuracy, and athleticism to do it.

With a year or two with the clipboard, I expect him to be ready to go. If he were asked to be a starter right this moment, I think he'd do OK. He'd need his team to help him out against tough opponents. Good defenses like the Ravens and Steelers are still going to be able to confuse him into making mistakes with the ball.
I've seen the arm strength and the athleticism. I'm still waiting on the accuracy; three picks on his record and several near-picks and called back picks say, to me, accuracy isn't there yet. And I think the intelligence is likely there - he's never looked lost or clueless - so with experience he'll be less likely to be fooled by those good defenses you mentioned.

Can't tell if an acorn will be a big oak tree unless it starts to grow. Until it does, it's just another nut.
Old 07-05-2012   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've seen the arm strength and the athleticism. I'm still waiting on the accuracy; three picks on his record and several near-picks and called back picks say, to me, accuracy isn't there yet. And I think the intelligence is likely there - he's never looked lost or clueless - so with experience he'll be less likely to be fooled by those good defenses you mentioned.

Can't tell if an acorn will be a big oak tree unless it starts to grow. Until it does, it's just another nut.
For me, his interceptions haven't been because he's been inaccurate. I think he gets the ball where he wants to it to go pretty well. I think his interceptions are generally an issue with his inexperience with reading the defenses and thinking he can sneak the ball in tight places because he trusts his arm (and his receivers) too much.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
For me, his interceptions haven't been because he's been inaccurate. I think he gets the ball where he wants to it to go pretty well. I think his interceptions are generally an issue with his inexperience with reading the defenses and thinking he can sneak the ball in tight places because he trusts his arm (and his receivers) too much.
When he was running away from the side of play and passing back to the opposite side, I was not impressed with his arm strength. And this is where you expect true arm strength to be demonstrated.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read