Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 06-20-2012   #1
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What Keeper League Rules Have You Used?

So I'm in a league that I don't really care for all that much, but a friend of mine runs it and I don't want to quit. I was thinking it may be fun to turn it into a keeper league starting next year, but I'm not sure what sort of rules go into it. Have you ever played in a keeper league? What sort of rules did you use regarding the players and what qualifies them to be kept for the next year? What draft picks do they cost? Just curious what sort of ideas are floating around out there, I have an idea of what I want to propose but I would like some more input first.
Old 06-21-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: What Keeper League Rules Have You Used?

I'm in one keeper league where we can only designate one keeper, and if you decide to do that, you have to take him two rounds ahead of where you got him the previous season, so the earliest you could take a player was a 3rd rounder from last year but you'd have to use him as a 1st. But you can keep any designated player at that spot for 3 seasons. If you picked up a guy like Victor Cruz last year in FA then you could get him for a steal in the 12th round or something like that for 3 years in a row.

If we had started the keeper league one year sooner i would have had Foster as a 6th round keeper up until 2013.
Old 06-21-2012   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Keeper League Rules Have You Used?

Thanks for the info. I searched around for some rule guidelines, but they are all over the place. I proposed the following rules for my league:

1. Each team can keep from 0-3 players from their previous end-of-season roster (no obligation to use it).
2. Players drafted in the first 3 rounds of a draft cannot be kept in the following season (A 4th round keeper takes away your 2nd round pick).
3. A Player can only be kept for one year, any player that was kept out of the draft returns to the pool the following year.
4. For each player that is kept (and was originally drafted by a team), that manager must give up a draft pick 2 picks higher than where the player was initially drafted the year before.
5. Any player that went undrafted the previous year is not eligible to be kept.
6. If you do not have a draft pick for a round to give up to keep a player, you must give up the next higher pick.
7. You must designate your keeper players BEFORE the draft order is created. (I could go either way on this, but I like the gambling aspect of it).
8. Add an IR position or two to the roster, so if someone goes down mid-year you can stash them to be kept at the end of the season.

I'm not proposing waiver pickups because that just seems lame to me. Every year there are guys like Miles Austin, Victor Cruz, Peyton Hillis and the like that explode onto the scene. People would only keep them well after they know what their production was, so I don't like the lack of vision needed to recognize their talent. I want people to take the draft seriously and also create an incentive to trade for players who may be worth keeping. A great team who has Fred Jackson go down midseason may be inclined to trade him to a winless team for a good player, so they can keep him the next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read