Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-05-2012   #1
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL.com disrespects Schaub (sort of)

-from NFL.com
Quarterback rankings: Eli Manning tops list heading into 2012

15) Matt Schaub, Houston Texans: He's always been a big numbers guy, but the past couple years he's played smarter and the Texans have won more. Like Cutler's Bears, if Schaub didn't get hurt, the Texans would've made the trip to Indy in February.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ding-into-2012

Jason Smith writes fantasy and other pith for NFL.com daily.

Last edited by pec0sb0b; 04-05-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: premature publication
pec0sb0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com disrespects Schaub (sort of)

I don't see any lack of respect from that clip....he's talking fantasy football you know.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #3
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

I got the impression he wasn't talking fantasy in this article and I took exception to a few that are ranked above our beloved leader
Old 04-05-2012   #4
BattleRedRock
Cush56HatLayer

Section: blue lot
Rep Power: 0 BattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedRock is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
I got the impression he wasn't talking fantasy in this article and I took exception to a few that are ranked above our beloved leader
I dont think that was fantasy talk either.. but how is Romo a head of schaub?? and to me, the last 2 minutes of the game are the most important to either make a comeback drive to win the game or to secure the victory by playing smart either way.. i know schaub has choked at moments but he also has not had the opportunity to play in the big game like Romo. We dont know maybe with more pressure on the line in a big playoff game moment schaub digs down deep and makes a heroic play. thats yet to be determined but i still dont understand the logic. also Flacco or matt ryan? what have they done? Flacco has arguably the best defense of the decade and has had one of the best running backs in the last 4 or 5 yrs. for several years schaub and dre were our only offense with a horrible defense. so i just dont understand this... maybe other ppl view this differently i dunno
BattleRedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #5
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Ryan?!? Joe Flacco?!?!? Jay Cutler?!?!?!! All ahead of Schaub? Really?!? Wow...

Can't believe how "low" he has Aaron Rodgers either. And sure Eli has two Super Bowls, but is he really the best QB in the league? This list is pretty bad.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 65936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedRock View Post
I dont think that was fantasy talk either.. but how is Romo a head of schaub?? and to me, the last 2 minutes of the game are the most important to either make a comeback drive to win the game or to secure the victory by playing smart either way.. i know schaub has choked at moments but he also has not had the opportunity to play in the big game like Romo. We dont know maybe with more pressure on the line in a big playoff game moment schaub digs down deep and makes a heroic play. thats yet to be determined but i still dont understand the logic. also Flacco or matt ryan? what have they done? Flacco has arguably the best defense of the decade and has had one of the best running backs in the last 4 or 5 yrs. for several years schaub and dre were our only offense with a horrible defense. so i just dont understand this... maybe other ppl view this differently i dunno
Jason Smith's title with NFLN is "Fantasy Analyst". That's all he does is fantasy.
Old 04-05-2012   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I have said for years he is a good to average second tier QB. Schaub is what he is and will never be anything more than what he is.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2012   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Jason Smith's title with NFLN is "Fantasy Analyst". That's all he does is fantasy.
While he is a fantasy analyst, I don't believe this article is about "fantasy".

Quote:
So now that we've figured that out, just where does Joe Flacco rank in current quarterback hierarchy? Let's go 1-32 and see where everyone sits. The criteria for the rankings don't factor in age. This is not "Who do you start a team with?" It's simply a measurement of where each QB stands right now, entering the 2012 season.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

That's fantasy, and Matt drops due to so many Texans run plays.

Schaub is a "second 5" QB: 6th NFL rating, 6th in QBR, 10th by PFF -- which is plenty good enough to take us to the SB.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #10
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
That's fantasy, and Matt drops due to so many Texans run plays.

Schaub is a "second 5" QB: 6th NFL rating, 6th in QBR, 10th by PFF -- which is plenty good enough to take us to the SB.
Read some of his comments and this article is not about FF.

Quote:
4) Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints: If fantasy were reality, Brees would sit atop this list. But it isn't, so he doesn't. Like Brady, too many things outside of his control have kept him from winning more. (Like playing those pesky road playoff games.)
Old 04-05-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Read some of his comments and this article is not about FF.
He's the fantasy analyst.

If it's "reality", then he's the biggest idiot in sportswriting ranking Aaron Rogers as 5th best QB in the league. Not worth reading, like BR.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate it when people blame an entire organization over what one person said. Smith is entitled to his opinion, NFL.com on the other hand employs him.
Old 04-05-2012   #13
Brando
Site Contributor

Cool Re: NFL.com disrespects Schaub (sort of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He's the fantasy analyst.

If it's "reality", then he's the biggest idiot in sportswriting ranking Aaron Rogers as 5th best QB in the league. Not worth reading, like BR.

Agreed with Aaron Rodgers being the top rated QB. I would have Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees 1-2 in reality and fantasy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read