Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-13-2012   #161
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Content; Wimbley won't fix Titans' pass rush alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Is it a Kuharsky article?
Yeah, I've come to the conclusion Kuharsky kinda sucks.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #162
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Because of Schaub's break away speed.
Well, you got the break-away part right.

Old 07-13-2012   #163
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yeah, I've come to the conclusion Kuharsky kinda sucks.
Not if you're a Titans fan.
Old 07-13-2012   #164
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Not if you're a Titans fan.
They think he's not very good as well.
Old 07-13-2012   #165
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes This story belongs in Texans talk... for 2 reasons.
  1. This two time Loser just inked a $35M contract; $13.5 Guaranteed
    So, maybe two time loser is a little strong. But, my point is what's Barwin going to command next offseason?
If we signed Barwin to the same contract, I think that would be flat out highway robbery. Barwin is going to command much more, and deserves it.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #166
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
They think he's not very good as well.
Really?

I was speaking on his partiality, not on their perception of him, but that's interesting.
Old 07-13-2012   #167
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Texans Content; Wimbley won't fix Titans' pass rush alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
If we signed Barwin to the same contract, I think that would be flat out highway robbery. Barwin is going to command much more, and deserves it.
Get Barwin the most blinged out electric car...
Get him a "really nice loft" near Downtown....with all the latest bells and whistles......especially anything to do with the internet....
Maybe get him tickets to Paris to watch parts of the Tour de France......
Vip access for him and a guest and access to meet some of the riders.....

You got to think out of the box ........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2012   #168
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

out of of our 3 Divison foes i still think the titans pose the most threat on paper there team is ......the most complete

them going to 9-7 last year i think was pretty good IMO even tho there last game was a gimmie
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012   #169
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, you got the break-away part right.

Oooooh... that was cold, TK.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012   #170
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Kuharsky is a pretty mouthy guy. I can barely stomach his chat sessions because he comes across as a guy who would get his clock cleaned if he spoke that way to people in real life.

I get it: He doesn't want to answer stoopid questions, so he gets a bit mouthy and arrogant about it. But hey, Paul, maybe you shouldn't broadcast that ignorant person's question at all??? Ever think of that? Seems simple enough. But I think he loves being a bit of a jerk to people.

His answer to the question of "How long do you think the Texans' reign in the AFCS will last, is it tied to how long Wade Phillips stays in Houston?" was "Let's wait and see if the Texans win it the second year--when they're expected to win it--before we go predicting how long of a reign they will have." I sort of recoiled at that.

He was all sorts of a jerk last year when he said he would never pick them to win the AFCS until they actually DID win the AFCS...and now he's still being a bit petulant about the very same topic. Sour grapes much, IMO.

He should stick to doing blog entries and leave chats to the pros, IMO.
Old 07-14-2012   #171
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And btw, Thunderkyss...this 100% shouldn't be in the Texans Talk forum. Nice rationalizing and justifying, but it doesn't fit.

There was a chat session of Kuharsky's that had many Texans-related items we could have discussed (like I mentioned in my post just before this one) rather than this topic you've chosen. But oh well. It got people talkin' so mission accomplished.
Old 07-14-2012   #172
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes This story belongs in Texans talk...
Um, no it belongs the NFL forum. Just like every other thread discussing a NFL team not named the Texans. Same as it ever was.
Old 07-14-2012   #173
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Um, no it belongs the NFL forum. Just like every other thread discussing a NFL team not named the Texans. Same as it ever was.
well, I intended to further the discussion about locking up Barwin this year. I was pointing to Wimbley's contract as an example of what Barwin will be offered.

Then I was dissappointed that Schaub wasn't mentioned.

Most of this conversation has been about Texans. With a little about a beat writer.
Old 07-16-2012   #174
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well, I intended to further the discussion about locking up Barwin this year. I was pointing to Wimbley's contract as an example of what Barwin will be offered.

Then I was dissappointed that Schaub wasn't mentioned.

Most of this conversation has been about Texans. With a little about a beat writer.
I don't think Barwin gets resigned. Texans will give big money to LT Brown to keep him here and will probably give Schaub a nice check to stick around. There simply won't be enough money left over to keep Barwin unless he is willing to take a paycut. If barwin has another good season he may jump to the top of the DE/OLB FA class and someone else will likely overpay him.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012   #175
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I don't think Barwin gets resigned. Texans will give big money to LT Brown to keep him here and will probably give Schaub a nice check to stick around. There simply won't be enough money left over to keep Barwin unless he is willing to take a paycut. If barwin has another good season he may jump to the top of the DE/OLB FA class and someone else will likely overpay him.
Can we move this back to the Texans Talk forum?
Old 07-16-2012   #176
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Why are you doing this?

There is a thread about "Re-Signing Brown, Barwin, etc." and all you had to do was post the snippet about Wimbley into that thread and then comment on it with all your discussion about Barwin's connection to it.

It's like packing. Would you stack little items first, then pile on huge items on top of the tiny items that sit at the bottom of the pickup bed? Or would you put the larger, broader items on the bottom and then gradually add smaller items as layers on top? There is a logical order to packing. There is a logical order to creating threads and placing them in the right forum. It's. Simple.

You created a thread, in the Texans Talk forum, that was an article about another team's player...then you tried to stack on conversation about a Texans player to validate your idea of creating the new thread in the wrong forum.

I just don't get it. I'm all about divergent thinking, but dude....
Old 07-16-2012   #177
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you want to talk about Texans stuff and include this article, why not post this in one of the 37 "re-sign Barwin/Brown/Schaub" threads? If you want to discuss the impact Wimbley's contract will have on Barwin, do some homework and find other LB contracts that were recently signed and list them all of comparison. It should be much easier to see where Barwin falls in line, rather than taking one deal and trying to peg his value based upon that.
Old 07-16-2012   #178
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Why are you doing this?

There is a thread about "Re-Signing Brown, Barwin, etc." and all you had to do was post the snippet about Wimbley into that thread and then comment on it with all your discussion about Barwin's connection to it.
Can we merge this one into that thread?
Old 07-17-2012   #179
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Solomon: The Texans Would Like to Sign Brown, Barwin, Schaub Before the Season

Posey's back in H-town per his tweet. I reckon he should be signing soon?

The players before and after Brooks was picked have signed, so I'd expect him to sign soon too
Old 08-27-2012   #180
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This topic is suddenly relevant again

Quote:
Matt Schaub*- QB -*HOU*- Aug. 27 - 8:18 pm etCBS' Jason La Canfora reports it's "very unlikely" the Texans re-sign free-agent-to-be Matt Schaub before the offseason.The 31-year-old Schaub is making $7.15 million in his walk year. Schaub has had an outstanding preseason, but it's still in the Texans' best interest to make him prove his health and effectiveness during the regular season after a Lisfranc fracture limited him to 10 games in 2011. Schaub will be a strong candidate for the franchise tag.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=239224&spln=1

At this point, the uncertainty of Schaub's rehab is nullified. On Saturday against the Saints, he was more confident and sharp since I can remember. From what we've seen of his preseason, we have enough evidence to accurately evaluate the benefits of re-signing him now, and those benefits make an extension a risk worth taking.

If Schaub has even a decent season, his market value will be high. If he continues to play like he has in preseason, it will jump even higher, and retaining him would be cap consuming at a time that Smith will be preparing an extension for Cushing. And what is the contingency plan if Schaub leaves? Yates did not demonstrate enough progress this year, and there are no practical options left. It's foolish to risk burning cap space competing with market offers if there will be no forseeable alternatives to Schaub anyway.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read