Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-19-2012   #81
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Solomon: The Texans Would Like to Sign Brown, Barwin, Schaub Before the Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I dont know, I called Yates playing by the 10th game last year (missed it by a game) on the other Texans MB. So sometimes I get lucky probably, or maybe know a little bit even if I dont go along with the mass opinion like most.
You tea leaf reading outlaw, you.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #82
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Solomon: The Texans Would Like to Sign Brown, Barwin, Schaub Before the Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Even if that's the case, how does getting lucky predicting the timing of an injury translate to "quarterback analysis"?
Maybe it was what some call luck, maybe not.

I win most pick-em type things I participate in the last few years.

Maybe I am just on a good roll.

I predict the Texans will win it all, so I hope the trend continues.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #83
TexanCR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Joe Flacco
Brian Hoyer
Jason Campbell (borderline)
Im sorry but you lost me at Flacco or TJ Yikes, Matt is a WAY better QB than those 2.

You cannot put this franchise on a 5 round QB, which honestly didnt show anything spectacular or even solid last year. It was his rookie season but he made way too many mistakes and you want to give this team to him?

Its funny how people say that Yates lead us to the playoffs, NO HE DIDNT! Matt gave us a clear advantage on the division before Yates played, and in those last games and playoff games our defense and Foster lead us to the playoffs and into the playoffs. At some point of the game we were playing against the other teams and against Yates, with AJ and Walter batting down passed that were going to be picked up by the defense.

And no, you cannot use the card of the last drive against the bengals because before that only drive he was playing very badly, the D and Foster gave us that game by keeping it close.

I'll say keep Matt and roll with him, he is a proven quality staring QB, every single player in the NFL can get injured at any moment...I guess you will get rid of Sttaford after 2 injured season? or Brady after 1 injured season, right? I guess it was a great decision and it worked like a charm for the Charges with Brees, so why not?

We should start thinking about a franchise 1st round or 2nd rounder QB but not before the 2014 draft.
TexanCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #84
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Wolfe you were going great until you got to Schaub. If you wait too long it tends to piss off the player who may want to go elsewhere to feel "appreciated". The problem with this is there is not a good replacement for Matt. The best is Yates and that may or may not work. There is no elite QB to trade up to get in 2013 at least as it looks today. There is no better free agent QB. You can offer all the contracts you want that are team friendly and the player can say no thanks; just as Mario Williams did PRIOR to signing with Buffalo. I agree Matt should not be signed for more than 3 years of actual playing time but why should Schaub do that? This is his last chance to take care of his future. Much different than Barwin, Foster or Butler who are younger. Even Duane Brown will want to go for the gold.

* I'll risk pissing off Schaub to see if he can stay healthy for the whole year and lead us deep into the playoffs. I don't want to extend him now to make him feel better because of an extensive injury history, and a current injury that we're still not sure if he'll come back from. Like the thread that CND started about Rick Smith, Emotional Detachment. Feeling have no place if your a GM.

* As for a replacement I think if given a real chance Yates can be that replacement. He was far from perfect last year but I saw the basic building blocks to be a very good NFL QB. With some time and experience and learning he should do fine. I'm not sure who will be considered elite in the 2013 draft but there are currently about 5-6 QB's that should go in the 1st round and 10 months from now there could be even more, we'll see.

*Why should Schaub sign a friendly deal with the Texans? Because the rest of the league isn't stupid either, they see the same thing we do. A guy who's 30 yoa. who's been with his current team for 5 yrs. but only able to stay healthy for 2 of those seasons. A QB playing in a very friendly QB system with limited arm strength and even less mobility. A QB that, to me at least, doesn't seem to be a field general able to carry his team when necessary and lacks that undefinable "IT" factor. A guy with no playoff experience.

I hope that answers your questions. I'd take a hard line with Schaub if I'm the GM. I think Kubiak loves him and this could come down to a bit of a behind the scenes power struggle between Kubiak and Smith if Smith truly stays emotionally detached. This next offseason looks like a good time for Smith to flex some muscle and will probably get even bloodier than this years offseason with player cuts for salary purposes.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #85
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So Schaub orchestrates 7.5 of 10 wins last year and doesn't get credit for leading the team to the playoffs last season? The players universally disagree with your field general comments.

The short deals you are suggesting particularly for Brown and Barwin are going to be a major sticking point.
First off I don't consider 5 yr. deals to be short, just a matter of opinion. As for Schaub, no he doesn't get the credit for leading us to the playoffs. 7.5 wins doesn't make the playoffs. As for the players disagreeing, all we see is what they say in public and no player on this team is going to throw his QB under the bus in public.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #86
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
First off I don't consider 5 yr. deals to be short, just a matter of opinion. As for Schaub, no he doesn't get the credit for leading us to the playoffs. 7.5 wins doesn't make the playoffs. As for the players disagreeing, all we see is what they say in public and no player on this team is going to throw his QB under the bus in public.
Listing "he never led us to the playoffs" as a downside of MS is a weak argument though, even if you throw in the technicality of him "only" winning 7.5 games in the playoff season.

And I don't get how people argue that since players said something, it must be the opposite. Players say MS is a great leader, but that's just what they say? It's obvious they don't mean it? Yet, we can all look at him on the field on our TVs or in the stands and come to that conclusion? That's weak.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #87
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Listing "he never led us to the playoffs" as a downside of MS is a weak argument though, even if you throw in the technicality of him "only" winning 7.5 games in the playoff season.

And I don't get how people argue that since players said something, it must be the opposite. Players say MS is a great leader, but that's just what they say? It's obvious they don't mean it? Yet, we can all look at him on the field on our TVs or in the stands and come to that conclusion? That's weak.
Just curious (not that it's particularly relevant to the discussion), but where's the 7.5 wins coming from? Matt started 10 games and the Texans record in those games was 7-3. He did not take a snap in any of the remaining 6 RS games, or the two playoff games. What am I missing? Where's the .5 coming from?

And just to throw my two cents in, the statement that Schaub did not lead us into the playoffs is true on a technicality only. Yeah, as we were going into the playoffs, he was not leading us on the field. The idea that he wasn't a huge part of finishing with a record good enough to win the division is ridiculous, and the idea that the Texans would have made the playoffs had any other QB on the roster started the majority of the RS games is at the very least, highly questionable.
Old 06-20-2012   #88
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Just curious (not that it's particularly relevant to the discussion), but where's the 7.5 wins coming from?
Typo or brain fart - 7 wins.

Quote:
And just to throw my two cents in, the statement that Schaub did not lead us into the playoffs is true on a technicality only. Yeah, as we were going into the playoffs, he was not leading us on the field. The idea that he wasn't a huge part of finishing with a record good enough to win the division is ridiculous, and the idea that the Texans would have made the playoffs had any other QB on the roster started the majority of the RS games is at the very least, highly questionable.
Yup. He handed off a team which ultimately only needed 2 wins in the next 6 games to win (obviously they won three more).
Old 06-20-2012   #89
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Damn, badboy, how much does a future cost? Matt's already made a couple of Gamillion. I know it costs more to raise twins, but how MUCH more?
You future doctor you! Your kidding right? right? Why should Matt take less than what others around him are getting? Because he likes us? Give me an extra $15m over a four year deal and I can learn to like dang near most of you folks.
Old 06-20-2012   #90
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
* I'll risk pissing off Schaub to see if he can stay healthy for the whole year and lead us deep into the playoffs. I don't want to extend him now to make him feel better because of an extensive injury history, and a current injury that we're still not sure if he'll come back from. Like the thread that CND started about Rick Smith, Emotional Detachment. Feeling have no place if your a GM.

* As for a replacement I think if given a real chance Yates can be that replacement. He was far from perfect last year but I saw the basic building blocks to be a very good NFL QB. With some time and experience and learning he should do fine. I'm not sure who will be considered elite in the 2013 draft but there are currently about 5-6 QB's that should go in the 1st round and 10 months from now there could be even more, we'll see.

*Why should Schaub sign a friendly deal with the Texans? Because the rest of the league isn't stupid either, they see the same thing we do. A guy who's 30 yoa. who's been with his current team for 5 yrs. but only able to stay healthy for 2 of those seasons. A QB playing in a very friendly QB system with limited arm strength and even less mobility. A QB that, to me at least, doesn't seem to be a field general able to carry his team when necessary and lacks that undefinable "IT" factor. A guy with no playoff experience.

I hope that answers your questions. I'd take a hard line with Schaub if I'm the GM. I think Kubiak loves him and this could come down to a bit of a behind the scenes power struggle between Kubiak and Smith if Smith truly stays emotionally detached. This next offseason looks like a good time for Smith to flex some muscle and will probably get even bloodier than this years offseason with player cuts for salary purposes.
Enjoy the back & forth. Your description of Schaub fits AJ except for length with Texans. How many NFL teams would be interested in giving Johnson a few mega bucks if he came on market? QB, LT and WR1 are prize possessions.
Old 06-20-2012   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Wolfe you were going great until you got to Schaub. If you wait too long it tends to piss off the player who may want to go elsewhere to feel "appreciated". .
I think Matt has been around long enough to understand it is a business. If he was all gang-busters last year & delivered according to the expectations set for him, much less the expectations he's set on himself, then yeah. He would, & should, expect to be appreciated in the form of a nice, new, long contract.

However, he missed half of the season, he missed the post-season. Bad luck & all, but I think he should understand the effect that has on the business end of all this.

I think the Texans showed incredibly good faith in his ability when they signed him in 2007. A lot of money, for basically an unproven commodity. Gary & Rick know what they've got in Matt Schaub, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did sign him before the season.

But I doubt Schaub is expecting them to.

I think it would be a good move by the rookie Rick Smith, to lock him up now, to a contract that is only guaranteed through 2012, or guarantee it come the first day of training camp, each year of the contract.

If we've "finally" got a WR corps worth their paycheck, Matt is primed to go off in 2012 & he'll be more expensive when the season is over.
Old 06-20-2012   #92
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Matt has been around long enough to understand it is a business. If he was all gang-busters last year & delivered according to the expectations set for him, much less the expectations he's set on himself, then yeah. He would, & should, expect to be appreciated in the form of a nice, new, long contract.

However, he missed half of the season, he missed the post-season. Bad luck & all, but I think he should understand the effect that has on the business end of all this.

I think the Texans showed incredibly good faith in his ability when they signed him in 2007. A lot of money, for basically an unproven commodity. Gary & Rick know what they've got in Matt Schaub, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did sign him before the season.

But I doubt Schaub is expecting them to.

I think it would be a good move by the rookie Rick Smith, to lock him up now, to a contract that is only guaranteed through 2012, or guarantee it come the first day of training camp, each year of the contract.

If we've "finally" got a WR corps worth their paycheck, Matt is primed to go off in 2012 & he'll be more expensive when the season is over.
I think signing Schaub and Barwin before the season is risky but it could be a very good move depending on what happens this year.

The scenarios could go like this.
We sign Barwin and Schaub before the season begins and they both have career years or Matt Schaub doesn't recover from injury well gets hurt again or doesn't play well while Barwin shows he was a one year wonder doesn't produce well and we just wasted a whole lot of money on two busts.

Or we may not sign them before the season they both have career season and we lose two top players at important positions and we feel stupid.

It's all risk reward and either way could turn out badly for the team and/or our cap situation.

Duane Brown has the least risk. No injuries has had several solid seasons and an elite season last year. We should focus on him this offseason because his price tag will go way way up if he has another elite season.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #93
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Duane Brown has the least risk. No injuries has had several solid seasons and an elite season last year. We should focus on him this offseason because his price tag will go way way up if he has another elite season.
Yeah, but If I'm paying $8/beer, I expect Rick Smith to multi-task.
Old 06-20-2012   #94
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You future doctor you! Your kidding right? right? Why should Matt take less than what others around him are getting? Because he likes us? Give me an extra $15m over a four year deal and I can learn to like dang near most of you folks.
OK, check's in the mail...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #95
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
OK, check's in the mail...
see, I like you already. Amazing what a dollar or $15million will do in this economy.
Old 06-20-2012   #96
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think signing Schaub and Barwin before the season is risky but it could be a very good move depending on what happens this year.

The scenarios could go like this.
We sign Barwin and Schaub before the season begins and they both have career years or Matt Schaub doesn't recover from injury well gets hurt again or doesn't play well while Barwin shows he was a one year wonder doesn't produce well and we just wasted a whole lot of money on two busts.

Or we may not sign them before the season they both have career season and we lose two top players at important positions and we feel stupid.

It's all risk reward and either way could turn out badly for the team and/or our cap situation.

This ^^^

Barwin is a one-year (out of three) wonder until he shows otherwise. Whether Schaub is back to 4000+ yard passing form remains to be determined. This makes them both borderline "twenty-percenters".

Personally, I'd rather sign Brown and see if Cushing will go for an extension before I tie up a lot of money in Schaub or Barwin.

If CK is correct (and I ain't ready to say he is), after another year in our system, Yates may be ready to take the reins if Schaub prices himself out of our budget.
If Barwin has a career year and shops himself around, we have Mercilus, Brooks, and Braman in the OLB rotation to compliment Smith (assuming he's still here), Watt, and Cody. Remember Wade likes to bring pressure from everywhere so Cushing can be a pass rusher from the ILB spot.

OR, even more outside the box, put Cushing into the pass rushing rotation at OLB and start Sharper (assuming he's healthy) and Bradie at ILB.

Those options make Barwin more "optional" than "critical", IMHO.
Brown is definitely "critical"
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #97
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You tea leaf reading outlaw, you.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to drs23 again.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012   #98
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But wait, what???? Wasn't Duane Brown (a horrible) reach??? I seem to remember the Texans blowing that as a "reach" of a draft pick......

DUDE has worked out nicely!! Who'd a thunk he'd be here and Eric Winston and Breisel gone?????
Old 06-20-2012   #99
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCR View Post
Its funny how people say that Yates lead us to the playoffs, NO HE DIDNT!
I agree, because the DEFENSE got us to the playoffs. OD could have been playing QB.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012   #100
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Smith has still not discussed an extension with Schaub.

Quote:
Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is entering the final season of his contract, which will pay him $7.15 million this season.

According to Len Pasquarelli of the Sports Xchange, the Texans haven't begun substantive discussions yet on an extension.

Schaub underwent surgery for his Lisfranc injury, which he suffered in November of 2011. The Texans are satisfied that Schaub is recovering well at this time.
Link.

I'm getting closer to believing that Smith wants proof that Schaub is back to 100% effectiveness before any offers are made.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read