Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-16-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pacman Jones on his past: “I was pathetic”

Definitely can't argue with him. And I know this will generate many to skepticism. However, if he has truly seen the light, although late, I would still support his "enlightenment."

Posted by Evan Silva on June 16, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT

Quote:
Bengals cornerback Pacman Jones‘ appointment as speaker at the NFL’s annual rookie symposium probably drew a few eyerolls from cynics who have every right to be cynical about Jones, considering his long history of transgressions.

But the notion that Jones has turned over a new leaf isn’t a ruse. Bengals rookie cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick says Jones has already taken steps to steer him in the right direction.

“I haven’t had anything negative from him,” Kirkpatrick told the team’s website. “He doesn’t want to see me following in his footsteps. Just being around the wrong people. Surrounding myself with not a lot of positive people. Those are the things that he’s been trying to tell me.”

Jones is blunt when you ask him about his past.

“I was pathetic,” Jones said. “I had no respect for the money I got. I had respect for football. [But] I acted like I was still hanging out in college. I didn’t realize the scrutiny that came with it.”

Jones says a “big part” of his “message” at the rookie symposium will involve informing young players to stay away from problematic characters from their past, regardless of how long they’ve known them.

“When it gets down to the get-down, none of those guys will be there,” Jones said. “When you hit that dark wall, the only person you can probably call is your mom. You have to get through it. It’s easy to say, but when you go through it, it really hits you.”
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #2
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pacman Jones on his past: “I was pathetic”

Good for him to man up and admit it.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #3
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Too little too late IMO
Quote:
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones must pay $11 million in damages to two Las Vegas strip club employees injured in 2007 when a lone gunman claiming he was doing Jones' bidding opened fire outside the club.

Tommy Urbanski, a club manager who was left paralyzed from the waist down, and Aaron Cudworth, a bouncer who was wounded, stand to collect after the late Friday verdict. Urbanksi's bones were shattered in the shooting that occurred after Jones and several other people were ejected from the club. The shooter later demanded $15,000 from Jones for "services rendered."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...ion/55630266/1
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #4
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Ah, he was just being rebellion. Ain't nothing wrong with going to scrip clubs.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL has been holding these rookie symposiums for a number of years now and I question if it really does any good because every year you still have rookies doing stupid stuff, hanging with the wrong posse, and getting arrested. When Vick got in trouble years ago, film footage of his rookie symposium came out and his was sitting in the middle of the crowd and heard everything that was said and still went down the wrong road. I honestly think it's a maturity issue with many of these players and if they were held more accountable for their actions in college many of them wouldn't have near as many issues in the NFL.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
The NFL has been holding these rookie symposiums for a number of years now and I question if it really does any good...
if it changes one young man's choices, it's worth it.

I guess Pacman's message was don't hang out with your old gangster buddies. I wonder what percentage of 2012 NFL rookies have gang affiliations versus 8-10 years ago?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read