Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-15-2012   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default NFL Rewind to offer the "All-22" Film in 2012

I know alot of people on this board that would be interested in this.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/6/1...ilable-to-fans

Quote:
Die hard football fans, the kind of fans that like to dig into the details of the game's Xs and Os may have experienced heart palpitations on Friday morning. The NFL announced, after years of begging and cajoling from fans, that it will make "Coaches Film" available through its Game Rewind feature, which allows fans to watch archived broadcasts of each and every NFL game.

Coaches Film shows the entire field of play, a bird's eye view of all 22 players on the field and what they are doing, or not doing in some cases. Utilizing a number of different camera angles it facilitates a better understanding of what transpires all over field rather than the television broadcast which typically follows possession of the ball.
Old 06-15-2012   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Rewind to offer the "All-22" Film in 2012

I just saw people Tweeting about this, so I checked it out. I'm not gonna lie, I might be all over this.....if the wife gives the go ahead.
Old 06-15-2012   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

o. m. g.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I am surprised the NFL Network doesn't have a regular series breaking down schemes and plays. A lot of folks have no idea what zone blocking, cover 2, Tampa 2, etc. mean. Just donate one hour a week to education rather than repeating the same stories over and over. Do it after work hours so dad's could sit down with their kids or wives so they better understand the game. I admit that was sexist, but on average...
Old 06-15-2012   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Very cool!

I assume the $60 subscription is yearly? If so, $5/month is not a bad deal at all for this kind of access. It will certainly be a nice option to see individual performances throughout the course of games and seasons.
Old 06-15-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/6/...le-to-nfl-fans

The NFL announced today that it will make "All-22" footage (a/k/a "Coaches Film") available to the public as part of the Season-Plus package of its Game Rewind offering for the 2012 season. For $59.99, you'll have access to "special camera angles that let you watch and analyze the game like a pro football coach" for every play of the 2012 season.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill Belichek thinks this idea is great and approves of it!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Very cool. For $60, you might as well get a friend or two to split the cost and share one account. It's not like people will be watching it all that much, but I'm sure some of the guys on the forum who like to breakdown plays could pool together and share.

The one thing that sucks about it is you can't link the plays to non-subscribers. You will need to get video captures going and edit things, post them on youtube under private mode, and then link it to share video. That's kind of a lot of hassle, but it could be useful for some things.
Old 06-15-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You will need to get video captures going and edit things...
Too bad no one here who likes to break down plays knows how to do that.

Old 06-15-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Too bad no one here who likes to break down plays knows how to do that.

You say that as if it is commonplace to see videos of plays broken down. The only thing I see consistently is 76Texan's slideshow of pictures. Does anyone else do that around here? Maybe Lance Zeirlein or Dalemurphy, but that's for their websites, not really the TT forum.
Old 06-15-2012   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You say that as if it is commonplace to see videos of plays broken down. The only thing I see consistently is 76Texan's slideshow of pictures. Does anyone else do that around here? Maybe Lance Zeirlein or Dalemurphy, but that's for their websites, not really the TT forum.
I was poking fun at 76Texan's threads.
Old 06-15-2012   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Ah, gotcha. I was thinking about it and I believe I could do this. I don't really care to watch each play 22 different ways, but if we had a thread for requests and a system for saying X:XX time with X camera angle, I could probably cut and upload the videos. I'd just need to look at the format of the clips and the way they are presented, but I have used stuff like this before for video games. I used Fraps for WoW and CS back in the day, so I'm sure it can't be that hard to figure out how to capture the NFL films stuff. It would be especially cool if you could do side-by-side videos of the WR running the route and the QB in the pocket so you could watch them in tandem.
Old 06-15-2012   #13
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I caught that.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ah, gotcha. I was thinking about it and I believe I could do this. I don't really care to watch each play 22 different ways, but if we had a thread for requests and a system for saying X:XX time with X camera angle, I could probably cut and upload the videos. I'd just need to look at the format of the clips and the way they are presented, but I have used stuff like this before for video games. I used Fraps for WoW and CS back in the day, so I'm sure it can't be that hard to figure out how to capture the NFL films stuff. It would be especially cool if you could do side-by-side videos of the WR running the route and the QB in the pocket so you could watch them in tandem.
The All-22 isn't 22 different vids. It's one video from high enough that you can see what all 22 players are doing on the field. This way, you can more easily read what all the different player's assignments probably are.

Just doing screen captures the way 76 used to do would be fine for making a point and given plenty of information for a more detailed discussion of things than we've been able to have in the past. But there's still going to be disagreement on which guy was supposed to do what and which guy busted their assignment.
Old 06-15-2012   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The only other way you can really do motion is to make a .gif out of what you screen capture, and add your arrows and whatnot as you go through. I think a program like gimp could do it.

This is so worth $60 I'll probably get it this season.
Old 06-16-2012   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
The All-22 isn't 22 different vids. It's one video from high enough that you can see what all 22 players are doing on the field. This way, you can more easily read what all the different player's assignments probably are.

Just doing screen captures the way 76 used to do would be fine for making a point and given plenty of information for a more detailed discussion of things than we've been able to have in the past. But there's still going to be disagreement on which guy was supposed to do what and which guy busted their assignment.
FTA:
Quote:
Utilizing a number of different camera angles it facilitates a better understanding of what transpires all over field rather than the television broadcast which typically follows possession of the ball
Sounds like quite a few different angles of each play to me. Maybe not 22, but certainly more than one. I honestly don't know what to expect from it, but I'm sure there will be a lot of value in seeing the different routes and watching the protection schemes.
Old 06-16-2012   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 278195 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Charley Casserly, a former general manager who was a member of the NFL's competition committee, says he voted against releasing All-22 footage because he worried that if fans had access, it would open players and teams up to a level of criticism far beyond the current hum of talk radio. Casserly believed fans would jump to conclusions after watching one or two games in the All 22, without knowing the full story.

"I was concerned about misinformation being spread about players and coaches and their ability to do their job," he said.
Must be a good thing if Casserly is against it.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
FTA:

Sounds like quite a few different angles of each play to me. Maybe not 22, but certainly more than one. I honestly don't know what to expect from it, but I'm sure there will be a lot of value in seeing the different routes and watching the protection schemes.
Well, I sit corrected. My understanding was it was just a single angle that allowed view of the full field.
Old 06-17-2012   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The "All-22" portion of the title refers to being able to see all 22 players on the field at once, unlike regular broadcasts which are more centered around where the ball is at. The "22" is definitely not the number of camera angles you have access to.
Old 06-17-2012   #20
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am surprised the NFL Network doesn't have a regular series breaking down schemes and plays. A lot of folks have no idea what zone blocking, cover 2, Tampa 2, etc. mean. Just donate one hour a week to education rather than repeating the same stories over and over. Do it after work hours so dad's could sit down with their kids or wives so they better understand the game. I admit that was sexist, but on average...
Spectacular idea. I understand all/most of the terms, but it would be awesome to have something my wife could watch. It would be a regularly recorded show in our house. Send them an email or something explaining your idea. Worst case scenario they just ignore it. Best case scenario they actually do it.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read