Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-13-2012   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In lawsuit, Vince Young claims millions of his money missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
[b][size="4"][color="Red"]

What's my name???

DUDE!!! Dude, I'm seriously considering having "Texan_Bill" tattooed on my back... That would be sweet!
Old 06-13-2012   #42
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
HI!!! My name is "SIX"!!!!, but all I ever do is "WIN".
Your agent is your f/a? Not smart. Of course that's something vy10 has never been accused of being. But I bet he can recoup most if not all his list millions on sausage and his wildly successful steakhouse. The irony here is that the number on his tattoo is one he can even count up to. He probably refers to himself as VY one zero.
Old 06-14-2012   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's my name???

DUDE!!! Dude, I'm seriously considering having "Texan_Bill" tattooed on my back... That would be sweet!
And get this tattooed in the front!

Old 06-14-2012   #44
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

All I can think is what a sad story this turned into.
Old 06-14-2012   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
All I can think is what a sad story this turned into.
Are you suprised by this story?

Sad part is that any number of UT boosters or Mack would have helped VY get the right people to manage his $$$$. Oh well VY made his choices and now he has to live with them.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Are you suprised by this story?

Sad part is that any number of UT boosters or Mack would have helped VY get the right people to manage his $$$$. Oh well VY made his choices and now he has to live with them.
Good point. While not a UT fan, they do have a lot of smart people that he could've sought advice from. Isn't Joe Jamail a UT alum?
Old 06-14-2012   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Isn't Joe Jamail a UT alum?
Yes both undergrad and law school. The field in the football stadium is the Joe Jamail Field.
Old 06-14-2012   #48
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The investment adviser has a lot more room for jacking around. I'm just saying about the agent VY should have seen he was looking at a guy spending a whole lot more than was right. Not only do agents get paid 3%, it gets paid out as the players get paid. So it isn't like the guy got paid $1.5 mil in one big check the day VY signed. Frankly the $1.5 is high because VY's salary was heavily back end loaded and he didn't play it out. He likely cleared about $1.2 before taxes over VY's first five years. That is nothing to sneeze at but if he pilfered half of $17 mil or whatever I bet there were signs.

An investment advisor doesnt make 3% usually but I tried to look this guy up on FINRA's brokercheck which keeps public records of all registered IAs or former. This guy isnt on there which IMO should be a huge red flag. With the money management skills most of the NFL guys have though often even the best advisors are pissing in the wind. PS if his funds were taken they are long gone now, its not often people steal 5-19 million to put in all in the bank
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
An investment advisor doesnt make 3% usually...
I didn't say they did. I said NFL agents make 3%.
Old 06-14-2012   #50
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I didn't say they did. I said NFL agents make 3%.
That's fine I was just adding that ias typically make a lot less than that
Old 06-14-2012   #51
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good point. While not a UT fan, they do have a lot of smart people that he could've sought advice from. Isn't Joe Jamail a UT alum?
Yes he is and he would've been at the top of the list that I would have asked to be my advisor.
Old 06-14-2012   #52
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yes he is and he would've been at the top of the list that I would have asked to be my advisor.

why would he be a person at the top of the list you would ask to advise you on financial matters?
Old 06-16-2012   #53
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Right, I'm not defending the stupidity of VY here but, I went to school with a lad who plays football for a Championship club, he's spent one season in the Premier League and has double digit caps for Wales. His weekly wage is somewhere in the region of £10-20k.

Now, as soccer is a game where you will be lucky to reach 35 still earning that kind of money, and you aren't really qualified to do anything else once you finish, he has a financial advisor taking care of his assets, and he hardly sees any of his money right now, enough to live a comfortable life certainly, but he doesn't have the cash to hand for any kind of brash purchases, its all in holding for when his extremely short career comes to a close.

So, say you finally reach the end of your career, and you decide to work out exactly whats left over for the first time and come to some sort of budget for the rest of your life, you can see how maybe that'd be the first time you realise a sizeable portion is missing, especially if clever accounting has hidden it from the baseline figures thus far.

Taking Vince on his word, I hope he gets his money back, much rather see a lazy, arrogant fool as a rich man than a thief.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #54
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
why would he be a person at the top of the list you would ask to advise you on financial matters?
Because although Jamail is a lawyer, he has never ripped off any of his clients to my knowledge. He also has the kind of connections in the business world that would allow VY to meet the people that would've allowed for VY's new found/now lost fortune to grow.

Kind of how Dr. Buss introduced Magic to the business world at a slow pace. Mack could've also helped in the mentoring of VY in a business sense. VY owned UT. He had any number of well connected people mentor him in the business world. Instead he chose to be mentored by one of the guys from the hood and it came back to bite him in the butt.
Old 06-16-2012   #55
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Right, I'm not defending the stupidity of VY here but, I went to school with a lad who plays football for a Championship club, he's spent one season in the Premier League and has double digit caps for Wales. His weekly wage is somewhere in the region of £10-20k.

Now, as soccer is a game where you will be lucky to reach 35 still earning that kind of money, and you aren't really qualified to do anything else once you finish, he has a financial advisor taking care of his assets, and he hardly sees any of his money right now, enough to live a comfortable life certainly, but he doesn't have the cash to hand for any kind of brash purchases, its all in holding for when his extremely short career comes to a close.

So, say you finally reach the end of your career, and you decide to work out exactly whats left over for the first time and come to some sort of budget for the rest of your life, you can see how maybe that'd be the first time you realise a sizeable portion is missing, especially if clever accounting has hidden it from the baseline figures thus far.

Taking Vince on his word, I hope he gets his money back, much rather see a lazy, arrogant fool as a rich man than a thief.

No matter how much money you have or who is taking care of it you should review your statements at the end of every month or quarter whenever they are generated. If you do this you make it much harder for someone to steal from you over a long period of time or to allow bank errors to exceed the amount of time the bank is responsible for them
Old 11-08-2013   #56
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Vince Young’s attorney said Thursday he hopes that newly obtained evidence in a dispute involving the former University of Texas quarterback and his former financial advisers will help convince a judge Friday to delay efforts by a New York firm seeking to enforce a $1.8 million judgment against Young.

Austin attorney Trey Dolezal said he has new information supporting Young’s claim that he did not ask for and did not receive the proceeds from a $1.8 million loan taken in his name from Pro Player Funding in 2011.

Pro Player Funding, which has a judgment in New York state against Young for non-payment of the loan, last week obtained a temporary restraining order in which the former NFL quarterback was ordered not to hide, dispose of or waste personal assets. The company also is asking for a receiver to be appointed to seize Young’s assets to enforce the judgment.

Dolezal, however, said statements obtained during recent depositions will bolster Young’s case that the loan was obtained fraudulently and that others conspired to take advantage of their relationship with Young to use money loaned in his name for their own interests.

Trial in Young’s lawsuit against his former financial advisers, Ronnie Peoples and Major Adams, and against Pro Player Funding, is set for Dec. 2, and Doelzal said he hopes to delay any efforts to seize property from Young while that case is still open.

Both cases are before State District Judge Sylvia Matthews, who is scheduled Friday afternoon to hear arguments on four motions in the two cases.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ng/?cmpid=hpts

It will be interesting to see if this new evidence impacts both cases
Old 11-08-2013   #57
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's my name???

Too late! I already have it and underneath is a naked chick wrapping herself around a 6 foot tall vertical beer bottle. When I do it it's a Bill homage...if you did it, it would just make you look like a conceited jerk...

Okay, apparently the black nuveau riche no longer listen to the Queen of the Universe (aka Oprah). Don't give ANYONE unfettered access to your money! Oprah has to sign off on EVERYTHING that goes through her production company no matter HOW small. Toni Braxton went broke a few years back and OPRAH had her on her show to say: "Don't give anybody else the ability to sign checks with your name on 'em." Vince's major problem (no pun intended) was the fact that he ASSUMED he was going to have a LONG, FRUITFUL high paying career. To that end he spent like a drunken sailor in a bordello and trusted idiots with his money. THAT is why he's broke
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Last edited by Dread-Head; 11-08-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013   #58
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No matter how much money you have or who is taking care of it you should review your statements at the end of every month or quarter whenever they are generated. If you do this you make it much harder for someone to steal from you over a long period of time or to allow bank errors to exceed the amount of time the bank is responsible for them
You could also hire an auditor to ensure everything is on the up and up. It's costs money but if it discovers fraud the money is well spent. What a pathetic story.
Old 11-08-2013   #59
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Too late! I already have it and underneath is a naked chick wrapping herself around a 6 foot tall vertical beer bottle. When I do it it's a Bill homage...if you did it, it would just make you look like a conceiter jerk...

Okay, apparently the black nuveau riche no longer listen to the Queen of the Universe (aka Oprah). Don't give ANYONE unfettered access to your money! Oprah has to sign off on EVERYTHING that goes through her production company no matter HOW small. Toni Braxton went broke a few years back and OPRAH had her on her show to say: "Don't give anybody else the ability to sign checks with your name on 'em." Vince's major problem (no pun intended) was the fact that he ASSUMED he was going to have a LONG, FRUITFUL high paying career. To that end he spent like a drunken sailor in a bordello and trusted idiots with his money. THAT is why he's broke
Exactly right.

Say for a moment that Vince got swindled (Ok, we all know he got swindled but allow me to continue). Now lets imagine that we live in a world where Vince wins his case and some "judge" somewhere orders a big ol' baliff to hold the other guys upside down and shake them until $19 millions dollars falls out.

Now lets further imagine that it actually happens and Vince gets his $19 million dollars back. How long is that going to last VY? That's what? 2 years worth of making it rain, parties, and limos?

I feel bad for him but he's his own worst enemy.
Old 11-08-2013   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ng/?cmpid=hpts

It will be interesting to see if this new evidence impacts both cases
Regardless, I'd think preserving/freezing Young's assets in an amount to satisfy the debt & collection efforts would be prudent -- even if it is a hardship on Young -- until the Young's lawsuit is cleared.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read