Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-12-2012   #21
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In lawsuit, Vince Young claims millions of his money missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
NFL agents get paid 3%. If VY wasn't so dumb you would think he would have noticed his agent was living like someone with a lot more than $1.5 mil.
Not saying that this was the case, but I know a few guys who have someone manage and invest their money. I'm sure its possible they showed him fake account reports, invoices, or whatever else needed to be shown to deceive him. These guys have far too much trust in the people handling their money.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #22
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

It was pretty obvious Major Adams didn't know what he was doing when VY scored a 6 on that Wonderlic. A real agent would have given him simulation tests so he could at least have scored double digits or got him a tutor. Instead he hired a yes man that was stealing from him.
Who's to say VY didn't get prep, maybe he hit his full potential with the 6 ?
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Not saying that this was the case, but I know a few guys who have someone manage and invest their money. I'm sure its possible they showed him fake account reports, invoices, or whatever else needed to be shown to deceive him. These guys have far too much trust in the people handling their money.
The investment adviser has a lot more room for jacking around. I'm just saying about the agent VY should have seen he was looking at a guy spending a whole lot more than was right. Not only do agents get paid 3%, it gets paid out as the players get paid. So it isn't like the guy got paid $1.5 mil in one big check the day VY signed. Frankly the $1.5 is high because VY's salary was heavily back end loaded and he didn't play it out. He likely cleared about $1.2 before taxes over VY's first five years. That is nothing to sneeze at but if he pilfered half of $17 mil or whatever I bet there were signs.
Old 06-12-2012   #24
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Who's to say VY didn't get prep, maybe he hit his full potential with the 6 ?
That's messed up. Lol!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #25
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The investment adviser has a lot more room for jacking around. I'm just saying about the agent VY should have seen he was looking at a guy spending a whole lot more than was right. Not only do agents get paid 3%, it gets paid out as the players get paid. So it isn't like the guy got paid $1.5 mil in one big check the day VY signed. Frankly the $1.5 is high because VY's salary was heavily back end loaded and he didn't play it out. He likely cleared about $1.2 before taxes over VY's first five years. That is nothing to sneeze at but if he pilfered half of $17 mil or whatever I bet there were signs.
I agree that it's a lot of money to go missing and VY to have no idea about it as it was happening. Because Vince trusted this guy since he was a family friend, it wouldn't surprise me if Adams acted as his financial adviser as well.
Old 06-12-2012   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post

Hey who photoshopped Vince Young's head on Second Honeymoon's body?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #27
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I would be shocked if there were cooked books. I'd put my money on it went like this:

"Hey man, how's my money doing?"
"Great!"
"Sweet."

And VY wasn't the first and won't be the last to learn the lesson of just blindly giving someone your money.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2012   #28
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I would be shocked if there were cooked books. I'd put my money on it went like this:

"Hey man, how's my money doing?"
"Great!"
"Sweet."

And VY wasn't the first and won't be the last to learn the lesson of just blindly giving someone your money.
Haha, yeah I could see the conversation going just like that. What's the saying about a fool and his money?
Old 06-12-2012   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

HI!!! My name is "SIX"!!!!, but all I ever do is "WIN".
Old 06-12-2012   #30
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Reminds me of ESPN's 30 for 30 " The Best That Never Was " . A minister was handling Marcus Dupree's money and next thing Dupree knows he's getting calls from the bank .
Hmmm, methinks I see a trend developing ...
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #31
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He spent all his money on sausage partys and tattoos
In breaking news all of the money has been located in a backroom at LaBare.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #32
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NFL agents get paid 3%. If VY wasn't so dumb you would think he would have noticed his agent was living like someone with a lot more than $1.5 mil.
Just curious - what makes you certain that his agent was living a lifestyle that was beyond the amount of money he should have been earning?
Old 06-12-2012   #33
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, all of this fuss is over Bud Adams' money. He was the one that was robbed and we should all be happy about that.

It was an Adams on Adams crime.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Just curious - what makes you certain that his agent was living a lifestyle that was beyond the amount of money he should have been earning?
I'm certainly not certain. Maybe he was hiding it for eight years. Generally people willing to engage in conduct like this aren't that smart and can't resist living the high life while looking at their bank account total.
Old 06-13-2012   #35
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it hard to believe that VY was his only client and being YA brother he could have represented a number of gospel artists as well as others based on YA's reputation. VY could have been his biggest, & I think he had enough savvy to appear reputable. Again IMO is sad because someone without the credentials of a Drew Rosenthan won't get a chance prove credible because of this kind of crap.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #36
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

I had to go back and do some research, but I remember when Tank Black was accused of swindling money from some of his clients a little over 10 years ago. Around that same time, there were whispers from friends of mine going into the draft about Carl Poston cheating some guys out of their money too. He was suspended by the NFLPA, but that was for providing money to college players.

These guys are the ultimate salesmen. Having sat in on a few meetings with them, they literally can have players thinking they're the best player in the world even if they're only a 5th round prospect. I've seen first hand players run through advances without getting drafted, players blow through money after being in the league for years, and seen some guys that are super conservative with their money and they'll be set for life. It's easy to believe Vince trusted this guy with his money and believed that he would invest it wisely if that's in fact what he was supposed to be doing. The rookie symposium can only cover so much. I've been saying for a while now that these guys should have to take a mandatory money management course while in school if they play any of the 3 or 4 major sports. There's a saying where I grew up about guys with "new money". They don't know what to do with it or how to manage it.
Old 06-13-2012   #37
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Two targets here: Houston attorney Major Adams II, as well as financial adviser Ronnie T. Peoples and his Raleigh, N.C.-based company, Peoples Financial Service.

Major was VY's trusted uncle's lifelong best friend, "He's like a father to me."

I know nothing about the Peoples Financial Service, but it could just as easily be the culprit. We'll see.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #38
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He spent all his money on sausage partys and tattoos:

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Dunno why, but this was really funny to me. +Rep
Old 06-13-2012   #40
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dunno why, but this was really funny to me. +Rep
LOL, I was actually at that game. It was a MNF game a couple of years ago and I was visiting my sister in Orlando. Of course I was somewhat rooting for the Jags however they were horrible. VY also got hurt early in the 1st qtr and KC lit up the Jags IIRC.

I was making the same gesture as that guy in the animated gif .. however it was me wondering why I just wasted money to see 2 teams I really hate playing in a horrible game.

The only good part about that night was I got to hang out with Yvette and Parddy from the Titans board. They are always fun.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read