Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2012   #41
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
No as original contact is made after the bobble and resulted in him not catching it at all .... if he's a reciever trying to catch it you do the same thing. Good play IMO.
Right and it's the same thing with qb's fumbling a snap.

Once someone fumbles or tips a live ball they are fair game for that short window while the scramble for the ball ensues. Hard for a defender to know if that player has the ball or not, and even if they don't you're told to tackle the guy anyway.

I don't know if there is any rule on it though.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What can I expect from jacoby Jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The defender hesitated giving him opportunity to make the catch , the bobble comes a split second before contact .... I think its a good play on the defenders part.

You have to take into consideration that the defenders job is to tackle the guy with the ball .... For all he knows , JJ caught it and he's tackling him. Kind of a heat of the moment thing , you cant really make a call like that.

JJ had no business catching that ball .... not even a fair catch at that point the defender was on top of him.
I agree JJ had no business attempting what he did. And I am not claiming some kind of flagrant foul which was missed. But I do think the wrap up tackle was an uncalled foul. Not a fair catch foul because JJ didn't signal for one. Just a block in the back foul. They still would have gotten the ball, it would have just been moved back.
Old 06-11-2012   #43
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I agree JJ had no business attempting what he did. And I am not claiming some kind of flagrant foul which was missed. But I do think the wrap up tackle was an uncalled foul. Not a fair catch foul because JJ didn't signal for one. Just a block in the back foul. They still would have gotten the ball, it would have just been moved back.
I see your point , thing is the timing of it .... when he bobbles the ball , thats about the time he gets hit causing the fumble .... its a bang bang play.

Is it a block or is it a tackle .... ball carrier bobbles the ball , he's still the ball carrier .... I think thats what it boils down to.

Had the ball already been on the ground , I would agree .... Its all about the timing of the events within the play.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #44
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

A serviceable #3 WR that will stretch the field. Maybe the change of scenery will do him some good. Funnily enough, I was playing Madden with updated rosters yesterday and he torched Jonathan Joseph for a 67 yard touchdown I shouldn't have done that eight man blitz
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #45
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I wouldn't be that surprised if Jacoby became a really good receiver in a different system. I don't think Kubiak is that good at game planning for guys like him who don't really have the intelligence to execute an extremely complicated playbook, but who can do a few simple things really well if he's told to concentrate on them.

That said, it isn't as if I'm going to be upset that we didn't keep hold of him even if he does make a good contribution, it was never going to happen in Houston anyway.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #46
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Honoring Earl 34;1967053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Exhibit A ... Jacoby has hands the size of a Garo Yeprimian .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad Jacoby Jones is gone so I don't have to worry about him during a game anymore. My blood pressure goes up 20 points during a game when he's in it. I don't care if he does good or bad for the Ravens, I'm just glad he's gone. I seriously doubt Jones, as a Raven, is going to come back and bite our ass. But, if it happens, so be it. It wouldn't be the first time and it most certainly won't be the last.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2012   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Wondering what you guys think of him.

I know that some think he cost them t playoff game vs the Ravens but now that the Ravens signed him, what does he bring to the table. I know he got behind Ed Reed on the one TD in the early season matchup
What can you expect??

A lot of this:
Old 06-11-2012   #49
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones is not a Texan.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #50
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know he got behind Ed Reed on the one TD in the early season matchup

That was less of Jacoby getting behind Reed and more of Reed and the Baltimore D respecting the run game... It was the system more than anything else...

The play that sticks out in my mind is the last play of the game against Oakland this year... Ball's at/inside the 5.. Schaub breaks pocket and runs toward the left side... Jacoby's just playing grab ass with the DB watching things happen as Schaub's running right at him... JJ should have at least faded back to the corner for a jump ball...even if it were highly contested it would have been better than Schaub running or just throwing it to an open spot hoping Jacoby might snap out of it... It's not that Jacoby's lazy, or doesn't care, he just gets caught up and loses focus... In this case, I think he was planning on blocking if Schaub chose to run, but he should have been aware he was in no position to block for Schaub, and great position to fade back...

Maybe a change of scenery helps Jacoby, and i hope it does. A lot of talent there, just needs more direction...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #51
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

3 or 4 very good Plays and 2 or 3 plays where you go WTF!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2012   #52
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think to call a block in the back the ref would have had to assume the gunner knew Jones muffed the punt. It was a pretty bang bang play and I think you have to give the gunner the benefit of the doubt. I also feel that if the ball is touched, returners are fare game just like WR's on offense.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #53
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as the OP is concerned, I think his tape speaks for itself. He is as unreliable as they get. Yes he will take 1 to the house in a blue moon, but the cons outweight the pro's by a hefty margin here. I am not sure what position yall expect him to play, but I see him as TC fodder for you.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #54
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Wondering what you guys think of him.

I know that some think he cost them t playoff game vs the Ravens but now that the Ravens signed him, what does he bring to the table. I know he got behind Ed Reed on the one TD in the early season matchup
You just wanted to start another 63 page thread didn't you?

read this Jacoby's gotta go thread, then you can ask.

Agree with above... relo this to the NFL section.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #55
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrimador View Post
A serviceable #3 WR that will stretch the field. Maybe the change of scenery will do him some good. Funnily enough, I was playing Madden with updated rosters yesterday and he torched Jonathan Joseph for a 67 yard touchdown I shouldn't have done that eight man blitz
Wait how did you get updated rosters. My rosters won't update with all the lates free agency moves.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133036 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Please never ever bring his name to this board again.

Mods can this please be moved? Has nothing to do with the Texans.
The guy was not trolling and was just asking a question about what to expect out of an ex player here. Nothing wrong with the thread or the question from the Ravens fan. If you didn't like the thread choice, you didn't need to click the thread and involve yourself in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
In my opinion, he cost us a ring.

Lol! So it was just automatic that the Texans would have won that game any way, beaten the Patriots, and than smacked the Giants around? I've got news for you, we weren't in the SB in that game against the Ravens. And you seem to be conveniently forgetting that TJ yates threw like 3 or 4 picks in that game. That game wasn't all on Jacoby Jones.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #57
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby Jones in review:

I would gladly give back his few punt TD returns over the years, whatever highlights he has made for a guy that will make the right decisions. Athletic potential like no other but the guy is all legs, no hands and no brains. He's literally like a pair of legs just running about trying to catch footballs.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #58
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
A guy with great straight line speed that can run a great post route but that's about it. He doesn't know how to make sharp cuts on his routes so separation from defenders is an issue. He also shy's away from contact and doesn't like taking hits. He blocks reasonably well for the run game. You can expect a highlight reel catch to be followed up by 3-4 bonehead plays and other games where he just disappears entirely. He's a track guy playing football.
This is a fair analysis.

JJ has the one thing you can't teach, speed. As long as he has that, someone will give him a chance based on his potential.

I hope a change of scenery will do him some good.

Good luck.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #59
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Wait how did you get updated rosters. My rosters won't update with all the lates free agency moves.
I only have a PC so I play Madden 08...yeah, I know, no need to say it Anyway, if you happen to be in the same boat, there's a devoted following for updating the game since it was the last Madden PC game made (footballidiot.com/forum). You can also find continuously updated fan made rosters for the other versions on the internet somewhere.
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm glad Jacoby Jones is gone so I don't have to worry about him during a game anymore. My blood pressure goes up 20 points during a game when he's in it. I don't care if he does good or bad for the Ravens, I'm just glad he's gone. I seriously doubt Jones, as a Raven, is going to come back and bite our ass. But, if it happens, so be it. It wouldn't be the first time and it most certainly won't be the last.
Even if he didn't muff it, you needed to watch games he was in with a box of TUMS by your side. Remember, Pavlov's dog experiments?

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read