Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-10-2012   #21
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Cap Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Totally disagree with his conclusion. We still need a top 10'ish QB. And we better find a replacement for Andre -- not an easy task.
Yup. I still remember what it was like to have carr. And every year you see how desperate teams are for just solid qb play in the draft. Reading this thread is depressing. I read about all the contracts to be redone and it makes me feel like this year is our last chance
Old 06-11-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You have become draft deranged as in want to dump people to find more stuff to talk about during the draft season. Butler is just getting his chance at starting. Barwin just had his first good season and you're looking to replace them already. Antonio is playing excellent football. You can hope all you want on Yates and I hope he progresses as well but so far the drop off to him from Schaub is huge and wishing he would get in for money is ridiculous. He isn't going to become starter and play out his rookie contract. Save us cap dollars to what end? To not re-sign others of our starters? Sure there is a limit on what the team should pay any player and we might get out bid but you don't go around willy nilly casting off key starters.
Deranged or not has little to do with the cost of those current starters upon expiration of their contracts. I am not looking to replace any but at end of this season we better have a plan.

Schaub, Barwin and Duane Brown should command huge new contracts and do not have to re-sign with Houston despite some posters comments I've seen on this MB.

Butler at approx $1.3m will want at least Eric Winston money. Cody may agree on a slight raise but will probably be offered much more as he can play 4-3 or 3-4.

Add to the cost that many want to re-sign Cushing this season. When I bring up facts some people see it as screaming the sky is falling. After the past few weeks, we better be open to some roster changes.
Old 06-11-2012   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Deranged or not has little to do with the cost of those current starters upon expiration of their contracts. I am not looking to replace any but at end of this season we better have a plan.

Schaub, Barwin and Duane Brown should command huge new contracts and do not have to re-sign with Houston despite some posters comments I've seen on this MB.

Butler at approx $1.3m will want at least Eric Winston money. Cody may agree on a slight raise but will probably be offered much more as he can play 4-3 or 3-4.

Add to the cost that many want to re-sign Cushing this season. When I bring up facts some people see it as screaming the sky is falling. After the past few weeks, we better be open to some roster changes.
Well other teams manage to keep core players together for long stretches of time even when they are paying far more than Schaub will command such as Manning and Brady and their players have gone to a lot more pro-bowls.
Old 06-11-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well other teams manage to keep core players together for long stretches of time even when they are paying far more than Schaub will command such as Manning and Brady and their players have gone to a lot more pro-bowls.
Before the new CBA yes. The cap basically increases minimumly. As you recall this was the main reason the NFL locked out the players to re-gain control of the cap. Players percentage of profits also dropped.
Old 06-11-2012   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Players percentage of profits also dropped.
The players' percentage dropped but it is applied to a bigger pool. 60% of $100 mil is the same as 50% of 120 mil.
Old 06-11-2012   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not forget the favor that AJ extended the team.

........Base Salary.........S. Bonus.........Misc. Bonus.......Cap Hit

2011: 6,000,000...........560,000..........2,428,571.... .....8,988,571

2012: 700,000..........1,720,000..........2,428,571..........4, 848,571

2013: 6,200,000........1,720,000........2,428,571........10,348,571

2014: 6,500,000...........1,720,000........2,428,571.... .....10,648,571
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #27
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Let's not forget the favor that AJ extended the team.

........Base Salary.........S. Bonus.........Misc. Bonus.......Cap Hit

2011: 6,000,000...........560,000..........2,428,571.... .....8,988,571

2012: 700,000..........1,720,000..........2,428,571..........4, 848,571

2013: 6,200,000........1,720,000........2,428,571........10,348,571

2014: 6,500,000...........1,720,000........2,428,571.... .....10,648,571
I would hope that Clayton's projection included the most current terms of AJ's contract in his estimate since this entire thread is based on his figures. It's been three months since AJ restructured, and Clayton's a pretty smart guy, so I'd be surprised if it's not reflected in the projected available cap space amount.
Old 06-11-2012   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"The team already lost star right tackle Eric Winston to Kansas City this past offseason"

I think that he misspelled "servicable"
Old 06-11-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I would hope that Clayton's projection included the most current terms of AJ's contract in his estimate since this entire thread is based on his figures. It's been three months since AJ restructured, and Clayton's a pretty smart guy, so I'd be surprised if it's not reflected in the projected available cap space amount.
To my knowledge that savings was not spent so theoretically could go to re-signing someone. Brown would be my call.
Old 06-11-2012   #30
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To my knowledge that savings was not spent so theoretically could go to re-signing someone. Brown would be my call.
There have been at least a couple of times when the Texans announced significant extensions only a day or two before the season started. Seems like they would come as complete surprises. Winston's final contract here was one of those times. If that happens before this season, and Brown is the guy, I'd be a very happy Texans fan.
Old 06-11-2012   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
There have been at least a couple of times when the Texans announced significant extensions only a day or two before the season started. Seems like they would come as complete surprises. Winston's final contract here was one of those times. If that happens before this season, and Brown is the guy, I'd be a very happy Texans fan.
Good point. I am hopeful all the FAs will agree to team friendly deals as that would only strengthen team. Just don't see it. I don't think A Smith has been asked to re-do his.
Old 06-11-2012   #32
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

That's great news. More than enough to keep Barwin and Brown, maybe even enough to add a decent veteran.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #33
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
"The team already lost star right tackle Eric Winston to Kansas City this past offseason"

I think that he misspelled "servicable"
Right on Herv!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read