Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-18-2005   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jerry Rice to the Broncos?

Broncos | Looking to Sign Rice? - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 18 May 2005 16:35:07 -0700

Adam Schefter, reports for NFL.com, the Denver Broncos are strongly considering signing free agent WR Jerry Rice (Seahawks). Rice and Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan were scheduled to talk at some point in the past 24 hours. Shanahan also had preliminary talks this weekend with Rice's agent, Jim Steiner. The Broncos see Rice as another mentor to their young wide receivers.
Old 05-18-2005   #2
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Dont Do it Jerry.
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #3
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

I also heard Rice to the Bucs, wouldn't mind him teach Clayton how to become the next #1 WR in the league.
Old 05-18-2005   #4
AndroidRaider24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
I also heard Rice to the Bucs, wouldn't mind him teach Clayton how to become the next #1 WR in the league.
Tim Brown already did that.
AndroidRaider24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #5
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

I am hearing on my other site i post on that Rice to Denver might actually happen. Doesnt Denver have 3 pretty good WR if i am not mistaken?
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by royce1054
I am hearing on my other site i post on that Rice to Denver might actually happen. Doesnt Denver have 3 pretty good WR if i am not mistaken?
One is very good, but real old (Smith). One is pretty young , but VERY inconsistant (Lielie sp) and a young 1 year guy. I listen to sports radio out of Denver, and based on what they are saying, it sounds like Shanahan is really trying to get Rice to Denver.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #7
royce1054
All Pro

Darious Miles is the other 1 isnt he. Lelie, Smith& Miles right
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2005   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, I think that is it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #9
royce1054
All Pro

When miles was in college i heard he was just as good as Moss. I think the Broncos have 3 good WR. Other than RB strongest part of the team
Old 05-19-2005   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Broncos | Rice Deal could be Forthcoming - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 19 May 2005 16:43:15 -0700

Updating a previous story, the Associated Press reports agent Jim Steiner told the Associated Press Thursday. May 19 free agent WR Jerry Rice (Seahawks) and Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan had an "excellent conversation." Steiner said again Rice is willing to play as a backup in Denver. The agent said there was no time pressure to get anything done with the Broncos, but if a deal was going to be reached, he thinks it will be "forthcoming soon."
Old 05-19-2005   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRaider24
Dont Do it Jerry.
I agree. The best place for Rice is...Detroit! Thats right! Think about it.
Mike and Roy Williams,Charles Rogers,Kevin Johnson, and Jerry Rice they could put together a 5 man receiver set! Throw in Pollard and you have a 6 receiver set! Then they can set all of them up on one side of the field and have them all run the same route. That way Harrington just has to throw the ball in one direction and has a chance at completing more passes!

What do yall think?!
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #12
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Close

Darius Watts from Marshall
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #13
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
I agree. The best place for Rice is...Detroit! Thats right! Think about it.
Mike and Roy Williams,Charles Rogers,Kevin Johnson, and Jerry Rice they could put together a 5 man receiver set! Throw in Pollard and you have a 6 receiver set! Then they can set all of them up on one side of the field and have them all run the same route. That way Harrington just has to throw the ball in one direction and has a chance at completing more passes!

What do yall think?!
that would b hard 2 do, considering that if u have a 6 reciever formation, then u have 12 people on the field. Also, u have to have 1 reciever (or TE) on the LOS on both sides of the ball. The OT cant be the last man on the line on either side.
Old 05-21-2005   #14
Texan Dave
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
that would b hard 2 do, considering that if u have a 6 reciever formation, then u have 12 people on the field. Also, u have to have 1 reciever (or TE) on the LOS on both sides of the ball. The OT cant be the last man on the line on either side.
I think the 12 people on the feild was part of the joke. As for as the whole OT thingy goes, as long as their are 7 men on the line of scrimage, yes you can. He also will have to be declaired as an elegible reciever, due to the fact that the rule is that the last man on the line on either side is an elegible reciever, and will have to wear certain numbers unless declaired elegible. The only person on the whole feild who can't be manipulated to be elegible for a pass is the person snaping the ball.
Texan Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #15
royce1054
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Close

Darius Watts from Marshall

I knew it was something like that.... when he was coming out of Marshall wasnt he suspouse 2 be just like Moss or if not better than moss. Now he stuck as a #3 WR on the Broncos what bad luck. Maybe when Smith leaves Watts will then become the #1 WR and we can see what he can do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read