Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-07-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hey TEXMEX mom come on in

Good to see you on MB again. Drop some wisdom or dang near anything you want related to your son or anything Texan. We are starved for info. lol
What have you been up to recently?
Old 06-07-2012   #2
TexMexMom
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respectedTexMexMom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey TEXMEX mom come on in

Lol, thanks. I've just been working, you know, the usual.

Drop some wisdom? Hmmm....let's see. Sorry, fresh out of wisdom!

I just rewatched a video I hadn't seen in a while though. I'll share it if y'all are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhMCU...eature=related

***Ooops....I already shared it in the other thread. My bad. :/
TexMexMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome back TexMexMom. We are looking forward to seeing your son playing Texan football for a long time.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't wanna use your given name here, so will just say WELCOME BACK TMM!!

Just love the "nerdie" look Arian has in that clip!! He is just awesome!! Personally, hope he sticks with his bowties! I love um!!

I'm so happy Arian will be a TEXAN for a long time. He's OUR'S and we are very PROUD Texans!! He's given us his heart, shown us passion, and topped it off with pure class! That spells WINNER, IMHO!!

Hope to see ya here more often!!

Gma
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #5
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

An athlete with a 'real' personality. Not a Chad Uno Pedejo or T.O., and him openly disliking fantasy football makes me like even more.
Old 06-08-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexMom View Post

I just rewatched a video I hadn't seen in a while though. I'll share it if y'all are interested.

What people saw as a "somewhat" strange attitude in college, I saw as maturity and having a mind of his own. He always has had his head screwed on right while some people think he's kinda out-of-this-world. Such is life, I guess.

I wasn't surprised at all with the fruit basket; I'm sure you enjoyed it tremendously, and I'm happy for you.

I also like this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtX-w...eature=related
Your name is clearly spelled out there, so Gma didn't really have to hesitate using it
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #7
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it just me or does Arian remind you of Marshall Faulk the way he runs, footwork, cuts. If Foster stays healthy he's gonna regin supreme for several seasons.
Old 06-08-2012   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How about a recipe for some Battle Red Chile Posole?
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Is it just me or does Arian remind you of Marshall Faulk the way he runs, footwork, cuts. If Foster stays healthy he's gonna regin supreme for several seasons.
I think they are somewhat similar but Faulk has more fluidity in the hips while Foster changes gears and gets back up to speed very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_BDbe89hts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inNbddxZU4k

I hope Foster makes that list one of these days.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think they are somewhat similar but Faulk has more fluidity in the hips while Foster changes gears and gets back up to speed very well.
Foster plants his foot harder on his cuts so they are more angular. Obviously Faulks style worked as well. Also when Foster hits top gear he becomes a long strider which is not Faulk.
Old 06-08-2012   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure many will disagree, but I think his style is kinda similar to Marcus Allen. Earlier in his career Allen might have looked for contact a bit more than Arian though. Allen had a very good cut and go too.
Old 06-08-2012   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm sure many will disagree, but I think his style is kinda similar to Marcus Allen. Earlier in his career Allen might have looked for contact a bit more than Arian though. Allen had a very good cut and go too.
I don't disagree at all. I've often thought their running styles were very similar and am reminded ever so often when the NFLN runs clips of Marcus during his prime. In my eyes, they're very, very similar.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #13
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Cris Collinsworth agrees with you.

http://footballpros.com/content.php/...n-Texans-Notes
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Arian were a pitcher he'd have a nasty change up . If he were a PG he'd have a great cross over dribble . As a RB he's deceptive with a great change of direction .
Old 06-08-2012   #15
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Cris Collinsworth agrees with you.

http://footballpros.com/content.php/...n-Texans-Notes
In the comments section:

OK. Cris you started this site to trade chatting with the pros for inside information from the locals, since many hyper-studied the local team.I am not a hyper-home-team student, but I FINALLY can pay something back.When you talk to Connor ask him if he got his athlecism from the Irish Dance classes that his mom made all 4 Barwin boys take as kids. They were ALL real good at it. Make him dance for you.Finally, payback.

Collinsworth's response is basically, "Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Look for it on SNF."
Old 06-08-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Excellent video. I share his view on F/F (and I play it too). Welcome back.
Old 06-10-2012   #17
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for video link TexMexMon and welcome back.

Go Arian!!!
Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

I'm posting this in this thread because it is a matter of character, for which Tex Mex Mom deserves much of the credit.

Quote:
Arian Foster says big contract won't change him

The Houston Texans gave running back Arian Foster a five-year, $43.5 million deal with nearly $21 million guaranteed.

Foster says the big contract won't change him.

“Money reveals you,” Foster told Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com. “I think it’ll bring out the philanthropist in me, the person I want to be who gives back. I’ll make sure my family’s future is secured. I’m not one to buy a car or chains and jewelry, not anything against those guys who do, to each his own.

“But that’s just not my style. I’m more about building a future and foundation for myself and bettering my community.”

“Money doesn’t motivate him; he’s a guy that loves football,” linebacker Brian Cushing said. “He’s gotten over that hump with ‘Was he a one-year wonder’ doing what he did last year battling through injury. I mean, he gets a full year, he’s going to be dangerous. I see him every day; he’s getting better. It’s always me and him competing against each other in pass protection and running the ball, and he’s tremendous. In my opinion, the best back in the league.”
Link.

If the Texans want to be regarded as a high character organization, then they have the perfect man at the runningback position.
Old 06-14-2012   #19
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm posting this in this thread because it is a matter of character, for which Tex Mex Mom deserves much of the credit.

Link.

If the Texans want to be regarded as a high character organization, then they have the perfect man at the runningback position.
Rep, good post thanks.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read