Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-07-2012   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Chad Ocho Cinco Released

Adam Schefter
After unsuccessfully trying to trade WR Chad Ochocinco throughout the day Thursday, the Patriots are releasing him, per league source.

Shocker. And inb4 "Texans should sign him."
Old 06-07-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chad Ocho Cinco Released

No.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #3
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6653 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Instant upgrade over KW imo.
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #4
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he can still play, but I just don't think he'd be a good fit here.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #5
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on the price. If reasonable enough take a chance and see what he has left. I think the system in NE was his main issue. Maybe we could get a good year out of the duo of Johnson and Johnson.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

He's better than Jacoby and that guy got on the field. I don't know if he is as good as Walter, but its arguable.
Old 06-07-2012   #7
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm be worried he'd be a distraction in the locker room, but you certainly should inquire.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2012   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I'm be worried he'd be a distraction in the locker room, but you certainly should inquire.
Yeah, that's always a concern with him but I think he knows he can't afford to be too big of a distraction with his new team. I think the only way we'd bring him in is if there was an injury to Walter or Andre.
Old 06-07-2012   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

He could hang out with T.O. in the IFL... oh wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Chad, I'd keep the ?? on your jacket...

...looks like ?? will be permanent!
Old 06-07-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think another team will give him a chance, and be willing to pay more than the minimum, which is all the Texans should offer.
Old 06-07-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. His football skills have been surpassed by his need for attention in the media.

He'd last as long as Dwight Jones here.

McNair himself would have no desire to add a guy who changes his last name just for ****s and giggles. Plus the constant desire for media attention. Plus the inability to make it on a team that has arguably the most accurate passer in the NFL. Plus the vet minimum he'd be required to sign for, which is not chump change.

It's not gonna' happen. Not gonna'.
Old 06-07-2012   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
No thanks. His football skills have been surpassed by his need for attention in the media.

McNair himself would have no desire to add a guy who changes his last name just for ****s and giggles. Plus the constant desire for media attention. Plus the inability to make it on a team that has arguably the most accurate passer in the NFL. Plus the vet minimum he'd be required to sign for, which is not chump change.

I agree that it's not going to happen, but we're going to give someone that vet minimum money. My stomach is turning at the thought of running out a receiving lineup of Walter, Jean, Posey and Martin. On top of that Walter has missed some time the last few years as well, and Jean is coming off an "injury" so who knows how that's gonna hold up. We NEED to bring in someone who we can put on the field who has some experience. I'd be shocked if we didn't sign a receiver by the start of TC.
Old 06-07-2012   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd give him a shot. If he wins a spot, fine. If not, meh

Other than the dumb thing he did that DB posted, he really hasn't been a bad guy. I actually used to like his celebrations.

I think he gets a bad rap as being a bad locker room guy. I think that's the furthest from the truth. I've been following him on Twitter for a long time now and I think he's genuine. I think most all the bs that went down in Cincy was media fueled. I might be wrong, of course, but it'd be worth a shot
Old 06-07-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I just had a thought, I bet he goes to the Miami Dolphins. They need a #1 WR, and they will be on Hard Knocks this year. Ocho Cinco loves to be on TV, so going there would make a lot of sense for him. That club is currently a circus anyways, so adding a WR that is equal to a bear riding a unicycle would fit right in.
Old 06-07-2012   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I just had a thought, I bet he goes to the Miami Dolphins. They need a #1 WR, and they will be on Hard Knocks this year. Ocho Cinco loves to be on TV, so going there would make a lot of sense for him. That club is currently a circus anyways, so adding a WR that is equal to a bear riding a unicycle would fit right in.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad would be an upgrade over here? Over whom? Sure if you put Kareem Jackson at WR. Chad Johnson has had one good season out of the last 4. He just got the best opportunity of his career to play with Tom Brady and one of the best statistical passing seasons of all time, and not only did he do literally nothing stat wise, but the HC hardly trusted him ever on the field. Chad has been done for years. When you can't even do squat in the Patriots offense, you really aren't worth a damn. And all of that is the "on the field issues" that are a problem. Don't even get me started on the circus issues that revolve around him off the field.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I don't think he has anything left in the tank. And now his antics far outweigh any contribution he can muster. To think Wash offered cincy two #1's for him about three years ago.
Old 06-07-2012   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

No, no, a thousand times NO!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think he can still play, but I just don't think he'd be a good fit here.
I don't think he can still play (his numbers from last year support that), and I'm sure he would be a bad fit on the Texans.

Chad Adios Viejo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read