Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-06-2012   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary Kubiak criticizes Texans' practice effort

Why I oughtta'......
Old 06-06-2012   #22
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we can call it ........Helmetgate 2012......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #23
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This seems like a bit of a change from Kubiak, I don't think I've seen him comment on practices negatively before, but I may be wrong.

Frankly, I'm glad to see him holding his players to account, lets not forget that the roster is expanded from previous years quite a bit, with a much higher % of rookies than before, and as much as we're all excited about so many of the UDFA prospects we've signed, you know the level of quality is lower overall because there is a reason why each of these guys went undrafted, and the more I hear about them being great prospects, the more I think attitude etc must have contributed to their falling out of the draft.

I'm probably overanalysing though, its one bad day/one bad session even and I'm sure at this time of season the coaches will take any excuse they can to light a fire under their players and get them giving that little bit extra.

Good to see Gary getting after people though, he's normally very calm and composed in public.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #24
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Absolutely.... Expectations for this season are even higher than last year.
Yep. Superbowl or stay home!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #25
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What's wrong Gary? Missing a "Captain" to keep everyone working hard?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
LOL!! Read my mind! BUT, since I still get hammered for being "upset" I was remaining silent! THANKS for making me feel I'm not alone with my thoughts!!

As for the topic of the thread! LESSON learned, if they're smart! If not, they can go play for the Cowboys!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #27
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty sure Kubiak criticized last year's team as well. Maybe not for this particular practice, but during training camp.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2012   #28
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

"practice? we talkin' about practice, man? we ain't talkin about the game... we talkin' 'bout... practice..."

seriously, this is a non-story.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's better than dog-cussing the catering.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
LOL!! Read my mind! BUT, since I still get hammered for being "upset" I was remaining silent! THANKS for making me feel I'm not alone with my thoughts!!

As for the topic of the thread! LESSON learned, if they're smart! If not, they can go play for the Cowboys!
I totally was expecting SheTexan to post that remark.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #31
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I totally was expecting SheTexan to post that remark.

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He let them go without helmets today, and wasn't satisfied with the way they responded to the reward.

Lesson to be learned: Don't give rewards out too early. Duh.

Kids will take a mile if you give them an inch, Gary.
You should be coaching in the NFL
Old 06-07-2012   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I was remarking how Gary was a bit put out with the guys dogging it out there...when in reality, it's freaking OTAs and really none of them need to be rewarded with anything other than proper amounts of drinking water and "good job, guys" from the coaches.

Seriously.....
Quote:
The Man in Black
Truly you have a dizzying intellect
Old 06-07-2012   #34
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Every year GK complains about a practice or two.

Every year they practice better the next day.

Just how it is. Do you do your job just as good every single day? Especially when you are learning something new. Nope.
Old 06-07-2012   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Every year GK complains about a practice or two.

Every year they practice better the next day.

Just how it is. Do you do your job just as good every single day? Especially when you are learning something new. Nope.
Actually, this is the first time I get the feeling he's using the media to talk to his team. That's never been his M.O. before.

But again, we're in uncharted waters, trying to follow up our most successful season to date with an equally successful, if not more successful, season.

I think this season is going to be one heck of a ride.
Old 06-07-2012   #36
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Seriously.....
Don't bother TK.... GP is in his "zone". Remember, he said up thread that if GK won 6 Super Bowls, GP would still think he sucks!
Old 06-07-2012   #37
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Actually, this is the first time I get the feeling he's using the media to talk to his team. That's never been his M.O. before.

But again, we're in uncharted waters, trying to follow up our most successful season to date with an equally successful, if not more successful, season.

I think this season is going to be one heck of a ride.
TK. I've heard him talk about not being pleased with the way they practiced/finished several times before. IIRC he even had them on the field instead of the bubble prior to leaving for a game because he wasn't pleased with the practice the day prior. Too lazy to research an article but it's happened before. This isn't a new "MO".

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #38
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

#Good Job!! Good Effort!!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think anyone is missing a LB who was a two down player for the money he was making. Was he a "good locker room guy"? Sure he was!! Was he a fan favorite? Sure he was (myself included)!! Although it's pretty clear that DeMeco is better suited in a 4-3, not a 3-4.

That said, overpaying for fan favorites is pretty stupid.

Signed,
The Steelers and Patriots

Do I think Bradie James is the answer? Not so much. I hope he'll be servicable at a lot less money.

DeMeco..... I think he will have a Pro-Bowl (if there is one this year) in Philly and will totally be the leader that their defense needs.

Remember folks, it's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.
Old 06-07-2012   #40
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
#Good Job!! Good Effort!!
Leave that poor kid alone, LOL!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read