Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2012   #41
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans GM Emotionally Detached????

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I really want to like our players. I really, really want to see said players produce up to their contracts.
I really, Really, REALLY want us to win.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #42
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
They were talking about this on the radio this morning. Pretty interesting quotes from Smith.

But that's how it should be. The GM should be the bad guy. Even though we all know that Kubiak is a large part of the decision making process behind the scenes, I like Smith coming out and saying this stuff.
Yeah, as long as they sit somewhere between respect and fear....and don't mutiny....I'm just fine with Rick Smith not being everyone's buddy.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
You rebutted yourself. If you know about the realities of the cap, then playing 'what if' is a moot point. They couldn't keep everyone. A team has success and individual players look to parlay that into something better. It's business on both ends.
I understand...... that was my point. It wasn't so much as being emotionally unattached, those were good players. We just couldn't keep them all, because of the cap.
Old 06-04-2012   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorTXN View Post
You're right! JoJo, Manning, and Foster were horrible signings that cost us our entire future as a relevant franchise. Fire him now! Seriously? He's had his helping of poor signings, but come on. JMHO.
Careful with your tone! While Gma and I don't agree on many issues, I treat the "Blue Crew Gma" with respect. As someone new to this board, I hope you do the same... I'm not saying you were out of line, but let's keep it classy and not be asshat(ish).

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
BS many non texans fans have called us super bowl contenders even favorites.
The Bears were in the NFC Championship game in 2010, they were considered favorites prior to the 2011 season.

The New York Jets were in the AFC Championshp game 2 years in a row, 2009, 2010, they were favorites prior to the 2011 season.

Reality set in, neither team was close in 2011. Neither making the play-offs.

We're not favorites..... anyone thinking so is drinking the kool-aid. We're further away from a Super Bowl today, than we were one year ago.

& say what you want, but if Kubiak & Co. don't approach this season that way, we've already lost.
Old 06-04-2012   #46
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The Bears were in the NFC Championship game in 2010, they were considered favorites prior to the 2011 season.

The New York Jets were in the AFC Championshp game 2 years in a row, 2009, 2010, they were favorites prior to the 2011 season.

Reality set in, neither team was close in 2011. Neither making the play-offs.

We're not favorites..... anyone thinking so is drinking the kool-aid. We're further away from a Super Bowl today, than we were one year ago.

& say what you want, but if Kubiak & Co. don't approach this season that way, we've already lost.

ACTUALLY! The Bears had a great team in 2011. The wheels fell off when Cutler went down. They just didn't have a good back up plan. Had Cutler stayed in, they could have easily gotten that #5 seed and possibly beaten the NY Giants. But of course Cutler went out, and so did the Bears playoff hopes.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #47
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Careful with your tone! While Gma and I don't agree on many issues, I treat the "Blue Crew Gma" with respect. As someone new to this board, I hope you do the same... I'm not saying you were out of line, but let's keep it classy and not be asshat(ish).

Thanks.
Eh, I don't think he was being much of an asshat, he was making a point. A very valid point at that as well. I mean it would be one thing if we had Matt Millin, who never did a thing in Detroit. But BaylorTXN makes the point that Rick Smith has made some good moves and fans should have a TAD bit of faith. I know I do, and for a long time, I did not have an ounce of faith in Smith. These past few offseasons have changed my opinion. I'm just saying, just because it's Blue Crew G'ma, doesn't mean you have to rip someone who makes a valid point against hers.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-04-2012   #48
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like more sacred cows will be brisket next year.
Old 06-04-2012   #49
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Those were all decisions that a GM okays. Whether you want to believe that or not is your perogative. Those were all mistake players who the GM decided to sign and keep on the team after poor play in their first season which hurt the team later and became a problem cost games.
I understand all that, but what I'm saying is that I believe they legitimately thought that those players could help them at the time. Liking a guy or sticking with a guy that you think can develop doesn't mean you aren't willing to part ways when it's obvious that the end is upon you.

Maybe THE TEAM could have made these decisions earlier, but that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with emotional attachment. Like I said, they could have had legitimate belief in the guys. Maybe they need to work on their evaluation skills, but I think they've shown that they are willing to par ways with guys no matter how beloved they are by the fans, the team and the staff.

Quote:
Yes he did. That doesn't erase other history as I documented. He also had to make some of those decisions due to a lack of cap room.
Right, but I don't believe they are so incompetent that they couldn't see the salary cap problems coming for a while. They could have cut/traded those guys a year earlier and opened up cap space. But I don't think they did because they saw them as valuable members of the team and they could afford them.

But when the time came for it, they made the tough decisions and let guys go.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Who cares? He hasn't done squat for this team since he's been here anyway.. IMHO. SURE, we went to the playoffs for the first time last year, but, how much did RS really have to do with that?! Nearly EVERYONE on this board has given Wade the credit for that!!

You guys can delude yourselves all you want about that man. We would NOT have been in cap hell in the first place if it wasn't for him, so, using that as an excuse for the stup*d moves he's made this off season is just lubicrous! JMO! I have zero faith in his ability as a GM. ZERO!!!! Wish he was GONE!!!
EDIT: The below post is just me trying to stay objective. Is not meant to be an attack against anyone. It's just my way of saying that Rick Smith and Bob McNair and Gary Kubiak and even Wade Phillips have their fingerprints all over this team. /EDIT.

I'm going to play what if:

What if...McNair wanted to win soooo badly in 2011, that he was 100% alright with us being a bit up against the 2012 cap???

In fact, LOL, what if Rick said "Whoa! We can't stay within the cap if we do this..." McNair says "The fans want a push. The city needs it. Kubiak deserves it. I want it. Let's figure out the fire sale ahead of time and go after a playoff push NOW."

What if Bob knew Mario was gone no matter what...Ryans didn't fit Wade so his salary was on the chopping block...Jacoby was going to be gone too because of money and such...knew they had Dreessen, Brisiel, Myers, Allen testing FA market.

So you pick and choose. Mario gone, Ryans gone, Jacoby gone...three players we chose to not pay in 2012 because of the big push in 2011. Winston cut outright, which was a pure re-building task IMO. We landed Myers, locked up Foster (wisely) and signed Bradie James which is maybe a good move and maybe not.

We let Rackers walk and drafted a fresh leg and gutsy ego out of college who is ready to make his mark on the league.

It looks to me like Bob saddled up for 2011 and was the guy who said we would charge ahead. Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

I think people ate wayyy off the mark on how this is Rick's fault. I think McNair sacked up in 2011 and Rick is running wild with the new direction. Training wheels came off after the close OT loss to the Ravens in the 2010 season. I think Bob decided it was time to play big boy ball after that emotional loss. We had that game, a fluke pick 6 destroyed little boy ball.

Last edited by GP; 06-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #51
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Eh, I don't think he was being much of an asshat, he was making a point. A very valid point at that as well. I mean it would be one thing if we had Matt Millin, who never did a thing in Detroit. But BaylorTXN makes the point that Rick Smith has made some good moves and fans should have a TAD bit of faith. I know I do, and for a long time, I did not have an ounce of faith in Smith. These past few offseasons have changed my opinion. I'm just saying, just because it's Blue Crew G'ma, doesn't mean you have to rip someone who makes a valid point against hers.
I second that. Bill..."watch your tone"?? Really?

"Blue Crew G'ma" has still got the red-ass because RS traded away Demeco. She doesn't dispute that, and she doesn't dispute the fact that she's a sentimental old fool.

Happy?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I really reitertate my first thought and that is ""...... as he should be".... SORRY, I loved Mario... (not worth the money), I loved DeMeco (not a great fit for Wade's 3-4)....

I wish these guys all the best, but at the end of the day, I cheer more for the name on the front of the jersey, NOT the back of it!
Old 06-05-2012   #53
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #54
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully not mentally detached like he was back when he signed Ahman Green. Many of the last two years picks and signings seem to come from other sources or recommendations. Jury is still out on Mr Smith. IMO.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #55
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
EDIT: The below post is just me trying to stay objective. Is not meant to be an attack against anyone. It's just my way of saying that Rick Smith and Bob McNair and Gary Kubiak and even Wade Phillips have their fingerprints all over this team. /EDIT.

I'm going to play what if:

What if...McNair wanted to win soooo badly in 2011, that he was 100% alright with us being a bit up against the 2012 cap???

In fact, LOL, what if Rick said "Whoa! We can't stay within the cap if we do this..." McNair says "The fans want a push. The city needs it. Kubiak deserves it. I want it. Let's figure out the fire sale ahead of time and go after a playoff push NOW."

What if Bob knew Mario was gone no matter what...Ryans didn't fit Wade so his salary was on the chopping block...Jacoby was going to be gone too because of money and such...knew they had Dreessen, Brisiel, Myers, Allen testing FA market.

So you pick and choose. Mario gone, Ryans gone, Jacoby gone...three players we chose to not pay in 2012 because of the big push in 2011. Winston cut outright, which was a pure re-building task IMO. We landed Myers, locked up Foster (wisely) and signed Bradie James which is maybe a good move and maybe not.

We let Rackers walk and drafted a fresh leg and gutsy ego out of college who is ready to make his mark on the league.

It looks to me like Bob saddled up for 2011 and was the guy who said we would charge ahead. Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

I think people ate wayyy off the mark on how this is Rick's fault. I think McNair sacked up in 2011 and Rick is running wild with the new direction. Training wheels came off after the close OT loss to the Ravens in the 2010 season. I think Bob decided it was time to play big boy ball after that emotional loss. We had that game, a fluke pick 6 destroyed little boy ball.
This is as close to a logical scenario as anything I've read on this subject to date [did I just give GP credit for being right AGAIN?!]

Uncle Bob decided last season "it's playoffs or bust in 2011 and we'll clean up the salary cap mess later."

Smith knew the mess would be huge but I think he prepared for it. How else do you explain - if you believe Mario - that Williams was not even offered a token offer. How else do you explain that they were able to trade DeMeco so readily without publicly "shopping him around" for weeks? Cutting Winston, cutting Jacoby, restructuring K.W.'s contract, not attempting to match Briesel's contract. Like it or not, all those guys were seen as replaceable.

Our Core Ten Percenters for 2012 are:
1. Schaub
2. Foster
3. A.J.
4. Cushing
5. Duane Brown.
6. Myers
7. Joseph
8. Watt

Everyone else is a role player or expendable. And guess what, that list will change next year if A.J. and/or Schaub keep getting hurt. The only folks we don't have quality backups for are D. Brown, J.Joseph, and maybe Cushing.

I give Cushing a "maybe" because, is having a Cushing-quality ILB really that crucial in Wade's scheme? Or is he a luxury we're lucky to have??
If Cushing decides he wants a huge payday, can Wade get by with Sharper and/or his ex-Cowboys at ILB? If Wade says "I'd like to have him but I can make the D work without him, don't be surprised if Cush is gone when his contract is up...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Looks like he is fixing to bust out into a giggle.
Old 06-05-2012   #57
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 154760 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This is as close to a logical scenario as anything I've read on this subject to date [did I just give GP credit for being right AGAIN?!]

Uncle Bob decided last season "it's playoffs or bust in 2011 and we'll clean up the salary cap mess later."

Smith knew the mess would be huge but I think he prepared for it. How else do you explain - if you believe Mario - that Williams was not even offered a token offer. How else do you explain that they were able to trade DeMeco so readily without publicly "shopping him around" for weeks? Cutting Winston, cutting Jacoby, restructuring K.W.'s contract, not attempting to match Briesel's contract. Like it or not, all those guys were seen as replaceable.

1. Schaub
2. Foster
3. A.J.
4. Cushing
5. Duane Brown.
6. Myers
7. Joseph
8. Watt

Everyone else is a role player or expendable. And guess what, that list will change next year if A.J. and/or Schaub keep getting hurt. The only folks we don't have quality backups for are D. Brown, J.Joseph, and maybe Cushing.

I give Cushing a "maybe" because, is having a Cushing-quality ILB really that crucial in Wade's scheme? Or is he a luxury we're lucky to have??
If Cushing decides he wants a huge payday, can Wade get by with Sharper and/or his ex-Cowboys at ILB? If Wade says "I'd like to have him but I can make the D work without him, don't be surprised if Cush is gone when his contract is up...
This is exactly what I was asking on my thread about team depth. We seem to be moving (if not quite yet arrived) at where we can replace starters like those you mention. This fits in with drafting best player available theory which imo we have not done but could start 2013.
Old 06-05-2012   #58
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

1. Schaub
2. Foster
3. A.J.
4. Cushing
5. Duane Brown.
6. Myers
7. Joseph
8. Watt

Crown me! LOL.

Bob McNair is a lot more hands-on than I think people realize. Even myself included.

I think he let Capers and Casserly establish a mindset and a direction here...Kubiak to an extent also was a bit beholden to that Capers era via having to retain Carr.

But when Kubiak made small achievements: Schaub's success, the offense getting better overnight, the ZNS success, Foster, etc., I think McNair began listening to Smith and Kubiak more.

This season marks, IMO, the beginning of the full Smithiak era. The time when those guys are making drastic moves and being trusted to get it done.
Old 06-05-2012   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
This is exactly what I was asking on my thread about team depth. We seem to be moving (if not quite yet arrived) at where we can replace starters like those you mention. This fits in with drafting best player available theory which imo we have not done but could start 2013.
Maybe not BPA on your or my board but most certainly BPA on their board.

This is mostly just lip service anyway & license to conduct business as he see's fit.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #60
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I second that. Bill..."watch your tone"?? Really?

"Blue Crew G'ma" has still got the red-ass because RS traded away Demeco. She doesn't dispute that, and she doesn't dispute the fact that she's a sentimental old fool.

Happy?
You know me very well Marcus! BUT, my dislike for our GM started long before the Demeco trade. Yes, I still have the red-a*s over it, but, I'm adjusting. It's all good guys! I'm a big gal, I can take sarcasm! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect that. Just because I'm relatively OLD and a WOMAN does not mean I don't know or understand how this crazy business works. I also know my limitations. I adore ALL you guys who understand that and put up with me!!

As for being a sentimental old fool, yes, I am that, and not ashamed of it either. Heck, I still get emotional over some of the old Oiler clips. The last time I saw Earl Campbell, which was about 3 yrs ago, I broke down and wept like a baby. I saw a pic of Bum and JJ Watt the other day and wanted to reach out and give that man a hug!! I watch stuff like D. Carr jumping over the goal line at that Jags game, Aaron Glenn snagging an interception and taking it "to the house," Faggins standing on the rale pumping his fist in that red jersey, JJ (as in Jones) doing his THANG, and of course my all time FAVORITE, Billy Miller with his FIRST TD at the Hall of Fame game, and then topping it off with our first win over Dallas, and I smile like a moron on meth, and weep like I've won the flippin lotto! When I cease getting that excited about my team, then I will quit watching the game. I love the emotional attachment, and I don't care to ever give it up.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read