Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-04-2012   #41
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars 1st pick Justin Blackmon arrested Sunday for aggravated DUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This is his 2nd DUI?
He got one when he was 20. I believe it was the law that states any minor is DUI if he has any alcohol detected in his bloodstream.
Old 06-04-2012   #42
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
He got one when he was 20. I believe it was the law that states any minor is DUI if he has any alcohol detected in his bloodstream.
How much do you have to drink (BAC*) for a DWI in Arkansas? [FROM DUI.DRIVINGLAWS.ORG]

Under 21
.02%

21 or older
.08%

Commercial
.04%

NOTE: Blackmon's date of birth=January 9, 1990>>>>>>>date of 1st DUI October 2010.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #43
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Go to NFL.com right now and scroll down once and Justin Blackmon's mugshot is on the right and looks totally out of place with everything else. How humiliating and embarrassing is that. Totally deserves it too.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I can't even find myself to laugh at this right now. It's pretty clear he has an issue with alcohol. Even as a Texans fan I want to see him get his life together because he seems to be a good kid making poor errors in judgement.
Are you serious? Errors in judgement?

C'mon mannnnn!!
Old 06-04-2012   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't determine the outcome of his 2010 arrest for DUI?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #46
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Are you serious? Errors in judgement?

C'mon mannnnn!!
What would you call getting into a car and driving with a BAC of .24? Poor judgment! A lot of people would say he was being stupid or being a moron. I would say those people are right too! Either way you slice it, he's allowing alcohol to take over his life.

On the Jags boards there are people saying he was sloppy drunk in Jax bar on Friday night after they finished OTAs. Then apparently went on a drunken binge the next night that continued into Sunday morning. On top of that, he was actually supposed to be in Houston for an appearance on Saturday but told the promoter he was "sick". So it could have been in Houston that he could've gotten that DUI if he had chosen to attend the event. I would say that's a dude that has a serious problem. Whatever you want to call it..... Disease? Poor Judgement? Being a Moron? Stupid? He needs to get a hold of it quick.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What would you call getting into a car and driving with a BAC of .24? Poor judgment!
I call it criminal. This goes way beyond "poor judgement"
Old 06-04-2012   #48
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I call it criminal. This goes way beyond "poor judgement"
Then I would say you're right as well. But it starts with poor judgement.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #49
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I'm halfway impressed he could pull himself together enough to get in a car, have keys, use them to start a vehicle, etc....halfway disgusted.

.24?

If that was me, I'd be asleep. Middle of anywhere style.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
More than pissed at this! It's a total joke, why this guy would put himself in this situation? He lied saying he learned from the 1st DUI. Now blowing .24!!! Insane to think, he was driving at that level! I can't believe his friends would allow him to drive, unless Balckmon drinks alone? Oh, the Jags are jinxed at WR and 1st round picks. I'm sure the Bengals and Cowboys are hoping we drop him. This really put a negative taste on the new Jags media drive. His contract is going to be even more structured now, for protection for the Jags origanization. He probably just lost 3-4 millon for this. I like the pick, but now this clown is embarassing the team and city of Jax. Here's to the off season.
You might call it "tradition."

Quote:
Blackmon is Jacksonville’s fourth first-round draft pick since 2000 to face problems after being selected. The team has tried for nearly a decade to find a suitable replacement for its best receiving tandem ever, Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell.

Former Arkansas quarterback-turned-wide receiver Matt Jones, selected in 2005, was charged with cocaine possession in July 2008 and ordered into a drug treatment program. He was suspended for three games in late 2008 for violations of the NFL’s drug policy and cut in the spring of 2009.

The team’s 2004 first-round pick, Washington wide receiver Reggie Williams, wasn’t re-signed after being charged with drug possession in Houston in 2009.

And wide receiver R. Jay Soward of Southern Cal, taken in the first round in 2000, seldom played due to drug and alcohol problems that led to numerous suspensions.
link

BTW, Blackmon pleaded "NOT GUILTY" this afternoon in court.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
More than pissed at this! It's a total joke, why this guy would put himself in this situation? He lied saying he learned from the 1st DUI. Now blowing .24!!! Insane to think, he was driving at that level! I can't believe his friends would allow him to drive, unless Balckmon drinks alone? Oh, the Jags are jinxed at WR and 1st round picks. I'm sure the Bengals and Cowboys are hoping we drop him. This really put a negative taste on the new Jags media drive. His contract is going to be even more structured now, for protection for the Jags origanization. He probably just lost 3-4 millon for this. I like the pick, but now this clown is embarassing the team and city of Jax. Here's to the off season.
Pretty sure it won't cost him any money at all... Rookie contracts are slotted nowadays... Good luck with that Jags. Sorry Mootini!!
Old 06-04-2012   #52
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Yo Justin,

I can make you a sweet deal on a really cute ankle bracelet. Tweet me. Let me know if you're interested.

Lindsay

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #53
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What would you call getting into a car and driving with a BAC of .24? Poor judgment! A lot of people would say he was being stupid or being a moron. I would say those people are right too! Either way you slice it, he's allowing alcohol to take over his life.

On the Jags boards there are people saying he was sloppy drunk in Jax bar on Friday night after they finished OTAs. Then apparently went on a drunken binge the next night that continued into Sunday morning. On top of that, he was actually supposed to be in Houston for an appearance on Saturday but told the promoter he was "sick". So it could have been in Houston that he could've gotten that DUI if he had chosen to attend the event. I would say that's a dude that has a serious problem. Whatever you want to call it..... Disease? Poor Judgement? Being a Moron? Stupid? He needs to get a hold of it quick.
So true!!!! Yeah, I heard he cancelled his Houston appearence too....He was on a binder. Probably didn't drink the whole time at OTA's. Now this idiot, pleads not guilty! LOL Oh, I raise the white flag>>>I'm so sick of this! Blackmon is supposed to be back here in Jax today...wonder how Khan/Front office is going deal with him? Blackmon also has a Jaguar Caravan appearence on Friday in St. Mary, GA...wonder how that's going to go?
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #54
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

If you can function enough to even be in a car not passed out with a. 24 blood alcohol level, it sends up a red flag to me about your drinking habits. Somebody has built up a serious tolerance for alcohol. We are talking pro level drinking. He needs help.
Old 06-05-2012   #55
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL...Blackmon, was reading his appology, after his 1st DUI. Does his body language show remorse? Hell no! Big smile.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDthADTphkw
Old 06-05-2012   #56
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You might call it "tradition."

link

BTW, Blackmon pleaded "NOT GUILTY" this afternoon in court.
I call it a hex or jinx! Or terrible luck? It's unbelievible to think you can strike out that many times on 1st round picks and for WR's! Not guilty!!! LOL what a joke! Imagine, if he had killed someone?
Old 06-05-2012   #57
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Pretty sure it won't cost him any money at all... Rookie contracts are slotted nowadays... Good luck with that Jags. Sorry Mootini!!
I know he is slotted $, but may have some new clauses, that protect the Jags from guarantee payment, if he ends up in jail/suspension/another DUI? Jag fans are not happy right now, sorta a blackeye for the offseason. Apparently, news is coming out on the OTA's the coaches were getting upset at Blackmon, not grasping the plays/routes...like he wasn't studying the play books....sounds like he was out pounding drinks in Jax! Also people saw him stumbling around Jax too. I'm beyond upset...I'm to the point, I don't care to see him in the line up...I don't care if he's an amazing WR...the bad PR to the Jags and butt of jokes, piss me off more than anything.
Old 06-05-2012   #58
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
If you can function enough to even be in a car not passed out with a. 24 blood alcohol level, it sends up a red flag to me about your drinking habits. Somebody has built up a serious tolerance for alcohol. We are talking pro level drinking. He needs help.
So true!
Old 06-05-2012   #59
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

This Justin Blackmon's Nickname thread started in April on Jaguars Forum has taken a turn for the worse:

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?s...ic=702093&st=0

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012   #60
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Understand I don't feel bad for this kid for one second, but its clear at this point he needs some help. He needs to be suspended for 2 games minimum, and the NFL needs to REQUIRE him to enter a rehab. Having dealt with alcoholism with myself and family it's a very serious issue. The league needs to step up, do the right thing, and save this kid from himself. Football should not be important at all. I didn't even know about the Vegas story, but he's heading in the wrong direction.

Blowing at .24 makes it even more alarming for me. I hope for his sake he gets the help he needs.
WHAT?? You think the league should step up, do the RIGHT thing, and SAVE this kid from himself, BUT, football should not be important at all?? Please tell me WHY the league should even get involved? This dude obviously had problems LONG before he entered the NFL. Since you've dealt with alcoholism yourself, you should know that the treatment starts with SELF! The NFL can't "save" this kid from himself, he's the only one who can do that. Maybe being in the NFL is a detriment to this dude! Lots of money, fame, free time to do what he pleases. The fact that he pleaded NOT GUILTY says a lot, IMHO! He's not ready to admit he has a problem, and NOONE, not even the powerful NFL, can help him until he's ready to help himself. JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read