Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-18-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ Moses Released

I'm looking for conformation but I think we just released JJ Moses.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt be surprised.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn!! I just knew JJ was going to break the next return for a TD. The defender always had one extra step than JJ.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #4
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

It was pretty much inevitable...After bringing in Swinton, Buchanon, and drafting Mathis, it didn't look good for Moses...Supposedly Starling and Hollings are in the running for kick and punt return duties as well...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #5
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Damn!! I just knew JJ was going to break the next return for a TD. The defender always had one extra step than JJ.
Yes, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. The one thing about JJ was you knew you were going to retain the possession. That can be very important when the game is on the line.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Thats too bad. I always loved JJ. Now TEXANS84 will mean someone else.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I was a big JJ Moses advocate but man, the competition on the team for that spot is too much to just be a punt returner. Each one of the other guys will service as either a starter or back up at another position.

Oh well, looks like I have to update my Madden.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2005   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Now it looks like the roster spot is open for Mathis or Swinton to grab the #5.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #9
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Buchannon alone makes Moses expendable but with all of the competition it will be exciting to see who gets to return the rock.
Old 05-18-2005   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

"I never lika him. I never trusta him."

I was ready for us to get some homerun hitters. The downside is that we may actually fumble some returns now.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I have found some net-confirmation.

Texans | Moses Released - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 18 May 2005 13:05:37 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Houston Texans have released KR/WR J.J. Moses. He was Houston's lead return man on punts and kickoffs over the past two years.

Old 05-18-2005   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully nobody picks him up for awhile just incase our new returners start having fumbling problems. JJ was really surehanded and it helped make up for his speed. i'm thinking some team will sign him, bring him into camp, and he'll compete somewhere for the return job. there's got to be a team out there that needs a guy who can hold on to the ball. anybody know of any teams in the need for a return man?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #13
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
"The downside is that we may actually fumble some returns now.
Trust me we will. My thing is this, with the guys we have here will we run more for touchdowns than possesions we lose putting our defense in vulnerable situations. Remember the experiment last season with AG and Starling I believe it was. Also, what happens when the person that's back on punt returns is a starter somewhere else (say PB) and gets hurt doing that? Not only are you screwed in your field position, but you just lost one of your better players. I liked JJ and even though he didn't have break a way speed to take it to the house, you automatically knew on Kick off's you were getting the ball at the 30 to 33 yard line. With that said, I wish him well and hope that Swinton, Mathis, Hollings, PB or whomever else we have back there will shine. Hopefully it won't Bite us in the a@# later.
Old 05-18-2005   #14
gcolby
Veteran

Yes, we released him.

Thanks JJ for hanging here while you could. I for one will miss ya.

gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
hopefully nobody picks him up for awhile just incase our new returners start having fumbling problems.
I'm sure he was released now so he could catch on with another team while there are open roster spots across the league.

Here is the espn piece...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=2063186

Old 05-18-2005   #16
done88
Veteran

I hope he catchs on with another team. He was a class guy and solid returner. I just hope heis successful where ever he ends up.
Old 05-18-2005   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely a fan favorite and will be truly missed! JJ LOVED the fans, always gave us some type of recognition, not so with so many of the other players. His enthusiasm was infectious! It's amazing what a little nod, a finger pointed in your direction, an occassional high five, a little jig danced in the end zone, or just some type of excitement shown by a player, can do to energize the fans! Hopefully, whoever gets the position will be as fan friendly as JJ.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
.............. Good Christian and good dude
Amen to that. JJ was and always has been a good Christian man and he never used his size as a copout.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #19
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

The Mrs. is gonna be heartbroken ... that was her boy. Hope he catches on somewhere quick. He deserves a spot somewhere in the NFL IMO.
Old 05-18-2005   #20
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
Definitely a fan favorite and will be truly missed!...
True, could always see the head bobbing waiting for the kick while the fans chanted "Moses.... Moses... Moses... Moses"

Good luck out there JJ, you did well while you spent some time with us.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read