Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-30-2012   #1
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default S. Loiseau

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Article by McClain in the chronic. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...second-chance/

I'm pulling for this kid. If nothing else he should be a good Special Teamer.
Insideop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: S. Loiseau

Yeah, that was a good article.

But...

I have a little problem believing that's exactly how that whole situation went down. I can't entirely believe that this kid got his life that fscked up in a twisted case of self-defense and I suspect there was more to the prosecutor's case than what Loiseau is letting on. I wouldn't be surprised if Loiseau was accused as the instigator of the fight.

Still. A great story if he can get it turned around and become this year's Braman.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #3
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

But...

I have a little problem believing that's exactly how that whole situation went down. I can't entirely believe that this kid got his life that fscked up in a twisted case of self-defense and I suspect there was more to the prosecutor's case than what Loiseau is letting on. I wouldn't be surprised if Loiseau was accused as the instigator of the fight.

Still. A great story if he can get it turned around and become this year's Braman.
Yes, lets automatically accuse him of lying.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

From a local article:

Quote:
In a recent interview, Shawn’s father, Paul Loiseau, talked about the incident, which both he and his wife Denise witnessed.

According to the father’s account, the fight began after his son drove home on the narrow and curvy Edgemere Drive. Shawn was traveling behind a car carrying Lequillo and at least one other individual, Paul said.

Upon arriving at Norton Way, Paul said Lequillo and another man started yelling at Shawn for driving with his high beams on.

Contrary to a previous report, Lequillo does not live on Norton Way and was apparently visiting a neighbor of the Loiseau family.

After the shouting incident, Shawn went inside his house and called Levine in an attempt to see what the problem was, at which point Lequillo got on the phone and said to meet him outside, Paul Loiseau said.

When Shawn went out, Paul followed and saw Lequillo and the other man had weapons in their hands -- one with a pipe the other had a type of piano tool – he said.

According to Paul, he tried to prevent a fight, but at one point he turned his back and heard a crack. He turned back around to see his son down on one knee with blood pouring down his face.

“They hit him first with the pipe,” Paul said.
After his son was allegedly hit with the pipe, Paul went to break up the fight but stumbled and fell down a small embankment.

When he got up, he claims he saw his son grab Lequillo while being beaten from behind by the other man. The three then fell onto the neighbor’s walkway with Lequillo on the bottom.
Full article: Here
Old 05-30-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shawn Loiseau

I'm telling you, this kid looks like he has "it" to me...

NFL.com has Shawn Loiseau at 6' and Mercilus at 6'4" ..... look at the picture??? Something somewhere is off.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But...

It's Massachusetts.. one of the most backassward states in the union. This crap never would've happened in Texas.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Shawn needed approximately 28 stitches to close the wound on his head, according to Paul. After being treated, Shawn was arrested by Shrewsbury Police.

“It’s just a terrible thing, we’re all sick about it,” Paul said. “It was his first fight, he’s never been in trouble.”

Paul bailed his son out of jail for $5,000 cash 12 hours later.

Shawn is currently being excluded from school under Massachusetts’ state law 37H 1/2 as a result of the incident, according to principal Brian Reagan...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-30-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

NFL.com has Shawn Loiseau at 6' and Mercilus at 6'4" ..... look at the picture??? Something somewhere is off.
Could be explained by a telephoto lens which give a narrower depth of field.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They aren't standing sid by side...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #10
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you may be on to something

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Yes, lets automatically accuse him of lying.
Like the old saying says, "there are 3 sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth." All I'm saying is that if you just listen to one side of the story, then you're not getting the truth. Even if that person isn't trying to lie about what happened, their memory and what they choose to tell of it will naturally slant things in their favor. That's just human nature.

The problem with this "story" is that the reporter didn't report. He talked to Loiseau and got his side of the story and printed it. He didn't go and talk to the guy he put in a coma or the policemen who were on the scene.

So its one-sided and slanted to make you feel good about the kid.
Old 05-30-2012   #12
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Could be explained by a telephoto lens which give a narrower depth of field.
If they're both in focus, then they're both on (or close to) the same Z plane, which means they're at least nearly side by side. The shadows are also parallel. Someone's height measurement(s) might be a bit off.

EDIT: I've got it backwards. The longer the depth of field, then the more inclusive the focus of the Z plane. But the shadows are still close.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
If they're both in focus, then they're both on (or close to) the same Z plane, which means they're at least nearly side by side. The shadows are also parallel. Someone's height measurement(s) might be a bit off.

EDIT: I've got it backwards. The longer the depth of field, then the more inclusive the focus of the Z plane. But the shadows are still close.
It's three or four inches...

The slightes stagger in distance apart will skew how they look in comparison to one another.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

#90 is maybe a step ahead of #59. So the guy out front is going to appear taller than he actually is.

Plus, look at the length of each guy's leg. From the knee to the ankle, you can see that Mercilus is longer there. Same with the arms. So I'm betting that Mercilus is easily 3 or 4 inches taller than Loiseau. Proportions between major joints in the arms and legs tells the story here, IMO. Loiseau is naturally the shorter/stockier guy of the two.

Also, it's funny to see #59 and #90 walking beside each other and it's not DeMeco and Mario.
Old 05-30-2012   #15
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like the old saying says, "there are 3 sides to every story: yours, mine, and the truth." All I'm saying is that if you just listen to one side of the story, then you're not getting the truth. Even if that person isn't trying to lie about what happened, their memory and what they choose to tell of it will naturally slant things in their favor. That's just human nature.

The problem with this "story" is that the reporter didn't report. He talked to Loiseau and got his side of the story and printed it. He didn't go and talk to the guy he put in a coma or the policemen who were on the scene.

So its one-sided and slanted to make you feel good about the kid.
I understand what you are saying.

Just found it funny that the bulk of your post was that that may not be the whole story, and only a small part about what I think could be the case ... this kid could be the next Braman.
Old 05-30-2012   #16
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
This crap never would've happened in Texas.
Nope, in Texas if you hit me in the head with a pipe ... the hogs eat good tonight.
Old 05-30-2012   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I understand what you are saying.

Just found it funny that the bulk of your post was that that may not be the whole story, and only a small part about what I think could be the case ... this kid could be the next Braman.
Well, almost the entire article was on his legal issues.

But... the reporter (who didn't bother to get the other side of the story) also didn't bother to make the obvious correlation to Braman and his legal issues in college.
Old 05-30-2012   #18
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:

But... the reporter (who didn't bother to get the other side of the story) also didn't bother to make the obvious correlation to Braman and his legal issues in college.
If former legal issues inspire you to go head first on a special teams tackle ... helmet-less.

I'll take all the ex-cons ya got!
Old 05-30-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Reporters should always get the other side, in a story, and if they can't get the other side they're supposed to report that attempts to get the other side to make a comment was unsuccessful.

Some dudes had weapons. What weapons did Loiseau have at that time? Words were said. One guy was blasted with a pipe, another guy was put into a coma because of "the ground."

I think, just based on the elementary details of the event, that once Loiseau was nailed with a pipe...it was Game On for all involved. How they got there doesn't matter. One guy used a pipe, the other guy then used his fists.

I tend to think that liberal communities are going to have some pretty inverse opinions of which guy is "more guilty," and in this case (IMO) it appears that the verdict against Loiseau hinged on who did the most damage and not who was protecting against an unfair attack.

Maybe the courts could not decide who made the first contact with the other person and so that kicked in the angle of how Loiseau put a guy into a coma and near death? I think in some instances, people are found unfairly guilty of these sorts of things because of the shock value: You put someone in a COMA and yet all you got was some lousy stitches!

In Texas, at least in the vast majority of areas in Texas, Loiseau would have probably walked. Different state, different culture.
Old 05-30-2012   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Reporters should always get the other side, in a story, and if they can't get the other side they're supposed to report that attempts to get the other side to make a comment was unsuccessful.

Some dudes had weapons. What weapons did Loiseau have at that time? Words were said. One guy was blasted with a pipe, another guy was put into a coma because of "the ground."

I think, just based on the elementary details of the event,... < snip>
That's just it. You're repeating the "facts" from the Chron story. But those facts were Loiseau's side of the story. Loiseau and his father might have started the fight. Loiseau and his father may have had weapons as well.

Don't get me wrong, Loiseau is a Texan and he's now one of my guys. But that story sounds suspicious to me.

When I first heard it, the story was that some gang members attacked Loiseau's father with pipes and Loiseau put one of them in a coma and got blamed for the whole thing. Now, the story is that Loiseau came home from the gym, some gang members started talking smack, then his dad started talking smack, then a gang member hit Loiseau in the head with a pipe and Loiseau put him into a coma and got charged with using the ground as a weapon. Could be the same story just with more detail. But either way, it's not the whole story.

We don't know what the real facts were. I'd like to hear what the cops on the scene had to say about it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read