Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2012   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default J.J. Watt aims to be dominant, go to Super Bowl

LINK

Quote:
With defensive tackle Nick Fairley finding himself in multiple jackpots this offseason, Texans fans are happier than ever that their favorite team picked defensive end J.J. Watt instead.

If Watt has his way, they’ll be even happier.

“Last year I wanted to be a contributor and just help us win games and now I want to be dominant and establish myself as a top-tier defensive end,” Watt said Tuesday, via comments distributed by the team.

So what are his overall goals? “Super Bowl,” Watt said. “That’s it.”

Watt showed flashes of dominance as a rookie. After generating 5.5 sacks during the regular season, Watt produced 3.5 in two postseason games, along with an interception he returned 29 yards for a touchdown against the Bengals in the wild-card round.

“I did some good things at the end of the year but I want to put a whole year together,” Watt said. “I started off a little rusty last year, so this year I want to come out from the gate and show everybody what I’m about and show everybody what this defense is about.”

Watt and his teammates showed plenty in 2011. If Watt becomes what he hopes to become in 2012, Watt very well may reach his objective.
Old 05-29-2012   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: J.J. Watt aims to be dominant, go to Super Bowl

The interception of Dalton in the wild card game was...amazing.

Will never forget it. It was unreal.

He threw the ball, Watt jumps, and all of a sudden he's racing to the end zone. I had sort of zoned out and wasn't really watching the play when it happened. I just sat there...stunned.
Old 05-29-2012   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I go watch it on YouTube every so often just for a "pick me upper"

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited to see Watt in beast mode all year. With Smith on the other side playing his ass off in a contract year, our secondary having a full off season and TC in our new system, the addition of Mercilus to give our outstanding LB a quality rotation to keep everyone fresh, and Cushing being Cushing we should be just fine on the defensive side of the ball.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #5
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

J.J. Watt was unstoppable towards the end of the season. He should be even better this year.
Old 05-29-2012   #7
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man sumthin bout those Badger lineman, offense or defense, they just know how to dominate...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2012   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post

Nice, but it's too bad that gifs don't have sound. That crowd was amazing.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think this guy is going to go down as an all time Texans legend. I love his swag, and his approach to the game.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post

Wow! Still gives me chilly bumps! I just about had heart failure when he did that!! AWESOME moment in TEXAN football!! LOVE me some JJW!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at the team that's been assembled, it's hard to gripe too much about the "squeaky clean player" approach McNair has. We have some real beasts on both side of the ball, but none of the distractions that a team like the Lions, Steelers, sAints, Raiders have.

JJ seems to embody all of the qualities the Texans have strived for since day one. I see him as more of a replacement for Ryans' leadership than Cushing. JJ reminds me of AJ. He walks the walk but doesn't have to be over the top about it. Cushing is far more demonstrative and over the top. I love that about Cushing and it gets people fired up, but players have to know when to reel it in. Players like AJ and JJ can reel others in with their on/off field persona's and let others know what is expected of a Texan.

I think we have our Bagwell and Biggio after 10 years.
Old 05-29-2012   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPMPr7bAMFw
Is there audio of Vandermeer making the call? Not sure if I've ever seen the NBC video of the interception. Whoever the announcers were make it seem like it's not a real big deal.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #14
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

If Watt can consistently play like he did from the Indy game through the rest of the way, he can become the best defensive player in the league.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #15
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I also recall two B.S. calls against him where he got a sack, but it was called back due to a low hit on the QB. One against Pitt, another against Indy.

So in my mind, he had 7.5 sacks in the regular season. Did I miss any more?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The interception of Dalton in the wild card game was...amazing.

Will never forget it. It was unreal.

He threw the ball, Watt jumps, and all of a sudden he's racing to the end zone. I had sort of zoned out and wasn't really watching the play when it happened. I just sat there...stunned.
That Dalton pass was destined to be a pick six even if Watt had not snatched it out of thin air. McCain (I think?) was waiting for it. It was the perfect playcall is all I have to say.
Old 05-29-2012   #17
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Is there audio of Vandermeer making the call?
Inside the game

Vandermeer makes the JJ Watt interception call at about 23 seconds in to this video.
Old 05-30-2012   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love him.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #19
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering the final score, that changed the course of the game. And if I remember correctly, the defense had been struggling some. As someone mentioned they had some calls that went against them and extended a few Bengal drives. This play finally kind of swung the momentum in our favor and turned the tide.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
Considering the final score, that changed the course of the game. And if I remember correctly, the defense had been struggling some. As someone mentioned they had some calls that went against them and extended a few Bengal drives. This play finally kind of swung the momentum in our favor and turned the tide.
You are exactly right.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read