Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2012   #121
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RUMOR: Dwight Jones WR quit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Does anyone else take solace in the fact that the Texans have become a team that demands a high work ethic to succeed?

Personally, I'm ecstatic. Whether D. Jones decides to stop tucking it or not, I'm proud to be a Texans fan.
Going to have to change your name to the "House Of Hard Work"

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #122
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
For such a smart guy I'm surprised you're taking this stance. I feel pretty strong about this for certain reasons, but this guy doesn't need to explain anything to anyone. If he feels like its not something he wants to pour his all into then no one should question that.
I don't think you are reading my comments fully. I haven't said he owes anyone an explanation - I would have expected the reporters to at least ask the question on his plans. I have never implied he shouldn't walk away from football, only qualified it with he should do so once he has a path to a higher passion. Look if the dude somehow has the means and desire to open a flower shop, join the forestry service or is inspired by the shot of getting on a crab boat and wants to quit football then more power to him. All I am saying is I think it is unwise (potentially either lazy and/or immature) to walk away from an opportunity like this IF you haven't already figured out for what you want to make the sacrifice.
Old 05-31-2012   #123
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I dug this major thread on the NC forum. It is worth following it through the entirel 3 pages (3rd page best)........entertaining and informative. Looks like his recent actions could have been predicted.........and evidently was by at least 31 NFL teams.

Undrafted Dwight Jones: Poster boy for UNC Underachievement
Wow.

Pretty much clears things up for me. Good find.

Time to close this thread and move on to Texans football players.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #124
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow ... I cackled when I read this gem...

Quote:
If there is such a condition as being "functionally retarded", I think it's safe to say that Dwight Jones serves as the poster child.

My God. The guy is just pathetic and the fact that he actually managed to make it through UNC-CH serves to degrade the academic reputation of that institution, no matter how you slice it.

Let's (briefly and from a high level perspective) revisit the "proud" tradition of UNC-CH "student athletics, shall we?

- In the 80s, they had ilLiTerate in football and the "Galloping Mensans", Kevin Madden and JR "Cain't" Reid in bball.
- In the 90s, they had Remedial Mikey Thomas (and plenty of others).
- In the 2000s, they had Jaworski **** ing Pollack (and plenty of others, again).
- In the late 2000s, this sad, pathetic, mindless mental midget clumsily staggered into Chapel Hill where, 4 short years later, he would clumsily stagger off of campus clutching a useless "degree" with his crayon-stained fingers.

Those are but a few of the braindead, mouthbreathing alumni about whom the fine institution 29 miles to the west can proudly boast. Lookin' good, Hole Fan. Lookin' REAL good!
LOL!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #125
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is this thread still going?

He was a UDFA. He didn't work. Move along now, nothing to see here.
Old 05-31-2012   #126
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

He's a train wreck.

Blood and gore is fun when it happens to someone who seems to deserve it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #127
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Exactly my point. It wasn't like he's a 1st round pick who quit. The guy was a long shot at best to make the team. I don't get the outrage over it.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2012   #128
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lots of things other than .... Dude quit got discussed in this thread .... but yeah , he's gone , its over. I need a nap anyway .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #129
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's the lightning rod effect.

There's a Texans UDFA linebacker who has a lightning rod issue too, so his thread is lengthy as well.

It's part of life. Especially in a sensationalized news culture.

Plus, the guy said he was the next Andre Johnson. Eeek.
Old 05-31-2012   #130
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I know a big-time member here that is related to Kubes.
Bill!!! you said you wouldn't say anything.
Old 05-31-2012   #131
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

His life seems to be much more of a train wreck than my own, which makes me love to follow him to make my life seem so much better.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #132
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He probably, then, should have thought about it a little bit more before making his public comments.
Apparently there's alot of things Jones doesn't put much thought into.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012   #133
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A couple ideas

1) He was probably the most talked UDFA in our signings...a guy may of the draftniks would have rather seen taken in the 3rd round than the guy we took. If one of the lesser knowns had done the same, i might not have even started a separate thread.

2) The other thing is that there is a lot of "feel good about myself." Many of posters know that if given the chance that they would never just quit. Might get cut in two days, but would not just walk away from an opportunity that few people get.
Old 07-24-2012   #134
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha, ok

Quote:
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

The #Texans are still holding out hope that UDFA WR Dwight Jones will show up at some point. He was placed on reserve/did not report list.
Old 07-24-2012   #135
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Ha, ok
By doing this, he can't go report to another team.

I wonder if he had a spat with one of the coaches and walked out hoping we'd cut him so he could sign on somewhere else.

Although, seriously, who else would want him?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #136
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
By doing this, he can't go report to another team.

I wonder if he had a spat with one of the coaches and walked out hoping we'd cut him so he could sign on somewhere else.

Although, seriously, who else would want him?
Dunno? Heck, I think our players would haze him silly if he was to come back. I don't expect him back, nor do I want him back
Old 07-24-2012   #137
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dunno? Heck, I think our players would haze him silly if he was to come back. I don't expect him back, nor do I want him back

Not that anything can be made of it one way or the other, but he remains on the official roster listing.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #138
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Coincidentally, just reported:

Quote:
So it’s no surprise that Jones didn’t report to training camp today. But the Texans, who put Jones on the reserve/did not report list, are still holding out hope that Jones will show up eventually, according to Adam Caplan of SiriusXM Radio.
Quote:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

The #Texans are still holding out hope that UDFA WR Dwight Jones will show up at some point. He was placed on reserve/did not report list.
For the rest of the story: LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012   #139
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Kid can catch so I'd take him back. We got dibs so I'd like to monopolize that.
Old 07-24-2012   #140
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Coincidentally, just reported:

For the rest of the story: LINK
I don't think we're "holding out hope". Like PN said, we're likely taking precautions and blocking him from choosing another team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Kid can catch so I'd take him back. We got dibs so I'd like to monopolize that.
Dude quit before even getting started. Maybe he just chose a different path? Who knows? I'd pass either way

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read